Bad A level results..

kingfisher1

Reaction score
Hi i need some advice too. Got CCC/B (B for PW, B for GP, A for MT). Do you think I can make it into any business course in local U? or perhaps Economics?

You can check the respective websites of the local Unis under 'Indicative Grade Point Profile' to check on the cut-off. Most of Unis cut-off at around ABB for H2 subjects which is at least 78 points. The Opens House Events are this weekend and next, you can go down and confirm with them at the Talks.

You can try the private Schools. For example, the University of Adelaide which is in the Group of Eight Universities and ranked in the top 1% globally, the cut-off for Bacelor of Comerce is around 3Cs for H2 subjects.You can check with Ngee Ann-Adelaide Education Centre, its local campus to find out more.

bl4hpkno0b

Reaction score
I'm currently lost in choosing which school to go.. What i have in mind are SIT and SIMGE both on Information Technology (courses related to cyber security).

1) Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Information and Communications Technology (Information Security) by SIT.
2) Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Information Systems and Management by SIMGE-UOL.
3) Bachelor of Computer Science (Digital Systems Security) by SIMGE-UOW.

I understand that SIT is considered as a Local Uni (Right??) while SIMGE provides as DL degree which may or may not be so reconsigned in Singapore. However these overseas university exists longer than SIT..
Hence i'm currently in a dilemma on choosing which school..

Should i go with the local university or go with the more recognized university by the world???

Look forward to your replies!
Thank you

disavowed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm currently lost in choosing which school to go.. What i have in mind are SIT and SIMGE both on Information Technology (courses related to cyber security).

1) Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Information and Communications Technology (Information Security) by SIT.
2) Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Information Systems and Management by SIMGE-UOL.

I understand that SIT is considered as a Local Uni (Right??) while SIMGE provides as DL degree which may or may not be so reconsigned in Singapore. However these overseas university exists longer than SIT..

Should i go with the local university or go with the more recognized university by the world???

Thank you

NUS NTU SMU SUTD are the 4 recognised local unis

Slowx6

Reaction score

Thank you

If u planning to work in government sector, go for sit. Sit is counted as local u. Many of my officer friends sign on and went to sit.

If u r planning to work in private sector / oversea, sim. Think sim is more regonize oversea.

intime

Reaction score

Thank you

Your a lvl results look very bad. What grade did you get for your math?
It might be tough for you to even get into SIT.
But aside from your A levels, do you have other stuff to show? SIT assess their applicants holistically.

Do take note that the degree from SIMGE-UOW is a basic degree, no honours classification. You may be at a slight disadvantage after graduation.

SIT is one of the 5 autonomous uni in singapore. These singapore universities usually have signed agreements with industry players and offer better connections with relevant local companies. Many external activities and competitions are usually open to only full-timers of all 6 singapore uni (includes UniSIM).

intime

Reaction score
I got
P D
C D
M E

E B
GP B
PW C
I got leadership in cca and cip

Got chance to enter NTU most unpopular courses?

Your results don't look good when compared to NTU IGP.
I don't think your cca and cip will boost your application much.
Hopefully, you have enough relevant experience, skills and recommendation for discretionary admission.

Hi i need some advice too. Got CCC/B (B for PW, B for GP, A for MT). Do you think I can make it into any business course in local U? or perhaps Economics?

Go compare your results with IGP.
Base on your results, chances are extremely low for you to enter business.
But I think you might have a shot at SIT and UniSIM full-time business courses.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Next time pls send your children there :s13:

The fact that you think that's somehow insulting says more about you than me. In any case, I didn't say SIT is the best, if I had children, of course I'd send them to the best out there. If they qualify for Oxbridge, why go NUS? Same concept.

I gave an article that shows that its a local uni. Which means that you are clearly wrong in your previous post. But I guess some people can't admit that. Cheers!

disavowed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The fact that you think that's somehow insulting says more about you than me. In any case, I didn't say SIT is the best, if I had children, of course I'd send them to the best out there. If they qualify for Oxbridge, why go NUS? Same concept.

I gave an article that shows that its a local uni. Which means that you are clearly wrong in your previous post. But I guess some people can't admit that. Cheers!

Pls lah even st aero doesnt recognise their engg cert

Slowx6

Reaction score
Pls lah even st aero doesnt recognise their engg cert

I have seen saf sending their officer to sit computer science. Well, if you still insist that sit is not an local uni, then maybe lsl gave wrong info during the national rally, channel news Asia gave the wrong news and even our saf sent their officers to the wrong uni. Hahaha

Last edited:

disavowed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have seen saf sending their officer to sit computer science. Well, if you still insist that sit is not an local uni, then maybe lsl gave wrong info during the national rally, channel news Asia gave the wrong news and even our saf sent their officers to the wrong uni. Hahaha

I have seen saf send their occifers with poly gpa 1.9 to sim

Slowx6

Reaction score
I have seen saf send their occifers with poly gpa 1.9 to sim

Ic. Thanks for the info. I'll believe you that sit is a non local u. I think you'll have to write a letter to lsl and inform him that he gave the wrong speech during 2015 national rally. Do email channel news Asia and strait time too. Because they gave the wrong info too. But do remember before you send your email, do check on your grammar and spelling errors. Because the gentlemen that's accessing your email will most likely be a ntu/nus/smu/sutd grads. They won't know what you're typing. Only a sit student like me that's studying in a non local u will understand. Cheers

Last edited:

YYS1995

Reaction score

Chance for Business is almost nill. Economics in FASS maybe got chance, i got friend CCC enter FASS (but his portfolio very swee, got leadership ... achievement and alot volunteering) .

Coconeedle96

Reaction score
Bad 'A' Level results too. Seriously need help.

Hi, Im new here. I wanted to start a new thread but I cant find the button anywhere..

Anyway, so I wanted to do English or Literature in NUS/NTU, but now it seems impossible because of my grades.

I also thought of ADM in NTU, but I'll have to create a portfolio and idk how to go about it. I'm still ineligible based on the 10th percentile of CCD/C. Discretionary...idk if can or not. My grades are BED/E

Other options are SIM, but then again idek if I can get in SIM because I didn't take A maths for O levels, and I didn't do maths at A levels.

H1 PW B
H1 GP C
H1 Chemistry E
H1 Chinese E
H2 Literature in English B
H2 Economics D
H2 Geography E

BED/E

The main problem I am facing now, is that I do not have A Maths at O levels or Maths at A levels. Am I still eligible for any courses?

Also, I am hearing impaired due to Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss in both ears suddenly 5 years ago. I know this is not an excuse for doing so badly, but it really wasn't easy lip-reading my way through lectures/tutorials coz my hearing is damn bad.. Any options out there for people like me?

Thanks.

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im new here. I wanted to start a new thread but I cant find the button anywhere..

Anyway, so I wanted to do English or Literature in NUS/NTU, but now it seems impossible because of my grades.

I also thought of ADM in NTU, but I'll have to create a portfolio and idk how to go about it. I'm still ineligible based on the 10th percentile of CCD/C. Discretionary...idk if can or not. My grades are BED/E

Other options are SIM, but then again idek if I can get in SIM because I didn't take A maths for O levels, and I didn't do maths at A levels.

H1 PW B
H1 GP C
H1 Chemistry E
H1 Chinese E
H2 Literature in English B
H2 Economics D
H2 Geography E

BED/E

The main problem I am facing now, is that I do not have A Maths at O levels or Maths at A levels. Am I still eligible for any courses?

Also, I am hearing impaired due to Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss in both ears suddenly 5 years ago. I know this is not an excuse for doing so badly, but it really wasn't easy lip-reading my way through lectures/tutorials coz my hearing is damn bad.. Any options out there for people like me?

Thanks.

SIM GE or UNI SIM

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIM GE or UNI SIM

first of all.. you must pursue what u like and not just apply any course tt take you in.. if not you will suffer in Uni.. but my take is go NUS/NTU if u can as these are the 2 universities ppl always consider when come to employment..

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first of all.. you must pursue what u like and not just apply any course tt take you in.. if not you will suffer in Uni.. but my take is go NUS/NTU if u can as these are the 2 universities ppl always consider when come to employment..

think u tag wrong person

IAmZTX

Reaction score
either retake A level during your NS or go private uni.. BUT never repeat A level and defer NS. Don't waste 1 year!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.