Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To iamnagel,
If you are considering an non-invertor, might as well get a system 3 will do.

jimm99

Reaction score
To jimm99,

Is your requirement for coldness very low? as in temp setting?

To terumo,

in my current room, we set the temp at ard 23C every night.
considered very cold?

i spoke to my ID last night and he recommended to purchase a system 4 inverter compressor and with 3 units of fan coil.
  • living room - 18k BTU
  • spare room - 9k BTU
  • combined master bedroom - 18k BTU

will this setup work?

TME1977

Reaction score
AC installer

Hi Terumo
Pls advise whether passionair is still a recommended AC installer? If not pls recommend some.
Many thanks

demo666

Reaction score
hi guys, my system 3 aircon in my house have been unusable due to leaking pipe of refrigerant gas, have been toping up gas on a monthly basis, couldnt take it anymore, each top up is 60 bucks, can u guys suggest me a system 2 that is under 2k and its good? or should i but 2x portable ones that does require any piping to the window or whatso ever, tia for your suggestions! cheers

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, my system 3 aircon in my house have been unusable due to leaking pipe of refrigerant gas, have been toping up gas on a monthly basis, couldnt take it anymore, each top up is 60 bucks, can u guys suggest me a system 2 that is under 2k and its good? or should i but 2x portable ones that does require any piping to the window or whatso ever, tia for your suggestions! cheers

I bought system 2 panasonic new 4 tick model from a aircon company at qoo10 at end dec 2015 for $1850 including bracket with qoo10 discount coupons+qpoints so far working well..

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To iamnagel,

Non inverter for Daikin max is around 21k btu.
If you don't use them often and at the same time, then system 4 can work for you if living is 18k btu.

Last edited:

TME1977

Reaction score
To TME1977,

Can PM me for contact if required.

Hi Terumo,
I actually just came back from 2 AC seller places, need your advise for the below. (My flat is HDB's, 93 sqft, newly built).

1. Mitsubishi starmex, system 3, 5 Tick.
Seller and installer: Hong Tar (hongtar.com.sg).
Price: 3580 incl. all parts needed (class 0 cable, 16mm pvc pipe, G22 copper etc) and installation.

2. Daikin, system 3, 4 tick, 12K btu.
Seller and installer: passion air/exclusive daikin installer.
Price: 3400 incl. all parts needed (almost same parts as above no 1) and installation.

--Which one should I choose in terms of maintenance cost and electricity bill in the future? Eg. Repair cost, spareparts cost, etc.

--Do I select correct vendors? Passion air and Hong Tar.

Many thanks.
p.s. Now I found Ah boon/Aron (starcool) and Newway system as reference somewhere on the net. Waiting for their quote.
Update;
*Ah boon/Aron (starcool) takes longer time to respond, I wonder if in the future I need urgent post sales services ie. leakage.
*Newway system caters more to industrial/hospitality/education segment, so they suggest and install more Mistubishi Heavy AC, I fret the repair can only be done by few companies as it is not common for residential customer.

Last edited:

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Panasonic inverter system 3,

1 unit has blinking timer led.
I Checked error code H11.
Other rooms working nornally.
What can i do?

fivefive

Reaction score
Hi,

need advise

would like to install mitsubishi system 4 inverter for my resale flat. 3 rooms and living room.(kitchen partition will be hack) What would the configuration need to be? Living room will only be turned on during gathering .only 3 rooms will be used nightly.

Which is the compressor to use;MXY-4A28VA OR MXY-4A38VA, MXY-4G28VA OR MXY-4G38VA

Last edited:

Tyrone

Reaction score
Hi All,

I would like to install aircons in my 2 rooms, one is 14sqm, the other is 28sqm. Both rooms do not have any existing aircon, ie need to install blowers, piping etc.

Any good system 3 inverter to recommend? Prefer Panasonic or similar brands with competitive pricing.

TIA.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Any specific good air-con System for recommendation for 4 room resale flat with the air-con installed in all 3 rooms and living room.

Check out Best Denki and was recommended Fujitsu as parts are from Japan and assembled in Thailand.

2 Choices I have zoom down :

1) Fujitsu
2) Daikin

Any comments?

terumo

Reaction score
To fivefive,

Can consider between the 4A28 or 4G28.
The 38 is slightly oversized considering you dont use all 4 at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.