[AMA] with Cat Welfare Society [ENDED]

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, I'm on Android...

Off topic slightly -

You can download Imgur and then upload your pictures there before copying here! :)

But stay tuned for the Official Hardwarezone App for Android.
It's in the works.

zul99z

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Off topic slightly -

You can download Imgur and then upload your pictures there before copying here! :)

But stay tuned for the Official Hardwarezone App for Android.
It's in the works.

I see. But that seems too much of a hassle as I would need to change my HWZ mobile version to desktop right? The desktop version on mobile isn't user-friendly at all haha

Oh and that's good to hear! Can't wait! :D

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I see. But that seems too much of a hassle as I would need to change my HWZ mobile version to desktop right? The desktop version on mobile isn't user-friendly at all haha

Oh and that's good to hear! Can't wait! :D

You can copy the
codes from there.

or just copy the .jpg link and add the
tags instead. :)

fallen1

Banned
Reaction score
For a fund to return a steady few hundred k every yr to fund cws, u'll probably need a seed money of $10million at least.
Whos gonna come up with the $10million???
No need to go thru consulting firms. They basically suck a lot of yer money as consulting fees.
Invesment manager for the fund also have to provide the service as part of charity work, means no fees charged.
Biggest obstacle is raising the seed money la.

I have a question for @catwelfare.

You guys seem to run fairly regular donation drives due to cashflow issues. I myself donated $200 late last year.

Have you considered consulting with an investment advisory service to set up and endowment fund with seed money from your fundraising activities to enable you to tap on a more sustainable source of income rather than subsist from fundraising effort to fundraising effort?

Cheers

fallen1

Banned
Reaction score
FD?
Taking a very good rate of 2% pa, u dun even get to beat inflation with that.
How do u think this would be sustainable?
No dun tell me MAS saying we are under deflation now.
Cats dun drink oil

Honest opinion (unqualified), put aside whatever you need for 6 mths as cash, rest of it as FD. those principal guaranteed types.

RobinTeoHood

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All in all... just live and let live... why must we kill? -.-

There's always people complaining about cat feeders. And it's true some of them mess the place. However, these feeders tend to be misguided people with good intentions. We can always approach them to advise to do it properly.

Many of our estates are dirty because of human litter. Foodstuff and rubbish left behind all over the place or thrown out the windows. We can see it for ourselves. If people are really concerned about the environment, they should be tackling these problems. And not pick on cat feeding which is insignificant in the scheme of things.

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FD?
Taking a very good rate of 2% pa, u dun even get to beat inflation with that.
How do u think this would be sustainable?
No dun tell me MAS saying we are under deflation now.
Cats dun drink oil

so can you propose something with no risk (because if they lose money and have to seek funding or donations, imagine the PR fallout) and "beat inflation" ?
oh "sustainable" too

Stellalaaa

Reaction score
Hi I recently saw a stray cat posted via some lady in Ang mo kio. She said she wanted to get the cat sterilised & she wants to tipped the cats ear before giving it up for adoption.
However I really want to adopt the cat so I tell her I'm willing to bring the cat to my vet & let her witness the sterilization process but I will not tipped the cat's ear. She insisted she wants to tipped the cat ear so in future if it's lost people will not think its a stray.

Problem is I'm going to give the cat a collar (if lost people can find my contact number) & I'll microchip the cat (if anyone wants to sterilised it again the vet would have notice the microchip) but she kept insisting no!

Anybody can advise me what to do? She say I have to give her a token for the fosterer like pay for the sterilization fee. Why can't I bring it for sterilization then?? Hope someone can help me!!! :(

I've tried talking to her to no avail :(

Mummtaz

Reaction score
Hi I recently saw a stray cat posted via some lady in Ang mo kio. She said she wanted to get the cat sterilised & she wants to tipped the cats ear before giving it up for adoption.
However I really want to adopt the cat so I tell her I'm willing to bring the cat to my vet & let her witness the sterilization process but I will not tipped the cat's ear. She insisted she wants to tipped the cat ear so in future if it's lost people will not think its a stray.

Problem is I'm going to give the cat a collar (if lost people can find my contact number) & I'll microchip the cat (if anyone wants to sterilised it again the vet would have notice the microchip) but she kept insisting no!

Anybody can advise me what to do? She say I have to give her a token for the fosterer like pay for the sterilization fee. Why can't I bring it for sterilization then?? Hope someone can help me!!! :(

Dont have to be so hard on. You can always adopt alot of adorable kittens and cats from Pasir ris farmways; ie muts & mittens.

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cats with clipped ear means??

I saw this cat that day. Didn't appear too friendly with the slow purr, rubbing of body against my feet etc but after a while it did allow me to touch its head for a while

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cats with clipped ear means??

I saw this cat that day. Didn't appear too friendly with the slow purr, rubbing of body against my feet etc but after a while it did allow me to touch its head for a while

If it is rubbing against your feet and purring it's already very friendly.

Clipped or tipped ear means that it has been sterilized.

AyanoWalkenz

Master Member
Reaction score

Tell the stubborn lady. Either the cat remains a stray Or leave everything to to you since u are the New pawrent

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.