New iPad Pro OR Ipad Air 2

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
People rarely take photos with an iPad. If anyone wants full horsepower, 12.9" is the way to go. 9.7 pro feels like the platinum edition of Air 2..

The camera on the iPad wont be as good as the one on iPhone. Even though it shares the same megapixels, im sure its not the same.

Just like iPad Air 2, the camera is not the same as the one in iPhone 6. Its a iPhone 4s or iPhone 5 camera.

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People rarely take photos with an iPad. If anyone wants full horsepower, 12.9" is the way to go. 9.7 pro feels like the platinum edition of Air 2..

I have Air 2 since released, I don't think I have ever taken any photo with it so the upgrade in Pro 9.7 camera is completely useless to me, I would rather have 4Gb of RAM.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
I have Air 2 since released, I don't think I have ever taken any photo with it so the upgrade in Pro 9.7 camera is completely useless to me, I would rather have 4Gb of RAM.

Yeah that was what I thought. But then again, to each his own. I prefer taking photos with my iPhone. But the problem with the bigger ipad pro is that it is bigger. Hahaha.

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was what I thought. But then again, to each his own. I prefer taking photos with my iPhone. But the problem with the bigger ipad pro is that it is bigger. Hahaha.

I ever saw people used iPad to take photo while on holiday, somehow it just looked stupid because it's so BIG.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The camera on the iPad wont be as good as the one on iPhone. Even though it shares the same megapixels, im sure its not the same.

Just like iPad Air 2, the camera is not the same as the one in iPhone 6. Its a iPhone 4s or iPhone 5 camera.

It's the same camera module for sure. Just wait for more reviews to confirm this.

chris888222

Reaction score
Wanted to get an iPad Pro 9.7 with smart keyboard but man... 128GB Wifi only plus keyboard will be close to 1.4k. Ouch.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now using iPad Air 1, seems like not worthwhile to get either the Air 2 or the 9.7 inch Pro :(

x3imPerFecTi0n

Reaction score
Forget about repairing. Just look at the refurbished Air 2 prices. 16GB Wifi $478. 16GB Cellular $618. Both options have 1 year warranty. Buy second hand 64GB with or without cellular and have remaining warranty will cost close to a refurbished 16GB.

It seems like an idiot to change my air 2 for an air 2 again:s13:. Forget it i am an idiot anyway for thinking to repair .. how about android tablet(Tab S2)?

dingdung

Reaction score
Apple shouldnt call it iPad Pro 9.7 but iPad Semi-Pro, Intermediate or simply iPad Air 3! Now that i know it having 2gb ram, i shall give it a miss in getting one. I'm still waiting for a justifiable reason to upgrade from an iPad Air.

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple shouldnt call it iPad Pro 9.7 but iPad Semi-Pro, Intermediate or simply iPad Air 3! Now that i know it having 2gb ram, i shall give it a miss in getting one. I'm still waiting for a justifiable reason to upgrade from an iPad Air.

That's why I think Apple blew it on this one despite sagging sales of iPad. I really was looking for an excuse to spend the money to upgrade from Air 2.

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seems like an idiot to change my air 2 for an air 2 again:s13:. Forget it i am an idiot anyway for thinking to repair .. how about android tablet(Tab S2)?

If you like the ease of use of an iPad, you may not like an android tablet. This is my experience, others may have a different opinion. :(

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
But frankly speaking, ram management is no issue in an iOS device right? I think the 9.7' will still be a good buy only for those who wants the pencil and keyboard setup. For me, I love it when it's powerful. the 12.9" is really too big for me.. Even when I am waiting in the car, it's like carrying a tray everywhere I go. But the screen and speed was really perfect. So honestly, who is still buying the new 9.7"? Either from online or from the physical stores.

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
But frankly speaking, ram management is no issue in an iOS device right? I think the 9.7' will still be a good buy only for those who wants the pencil and keyboard setup. For me, I love it when it's powerful. the 12.9" is really too big for me.. Even when I am waiting in the car, it's like carrying a tray everywhere I go. But the screen and speed was really perfect. So honestly, who is still buying the new 9.7"? Either from online or from the physical stores.

iPad Air suffer quite a lot on the ram capacity issue (1GB) ,especially it is the first iPad which utilize 64 bit OS. The browser crashes a lot until Apple releases a patch, it get better but still crash sometime. so yea, more ram is always better as the apps size does get bigger and bigger day by day...

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think Apple blew it with the iPad Pro 9.7". This is to cater for those who wants a smaller screen. Apple will never release a 2 products with the same specs with only difference in screen size. Buy what you need the most. Small screen with better camera or large screen with better productivity. Apple is not forcing you down the throat to buy their products.

If you don't buy, someone else will still buy. Won't make any difference to them anyway. As for declining sales for the iPad, the specs of the iPad has nothing to do with it. It's the upgrade cycle of the consumer who uses an iPad. Most people who uses an iPad will not upgrade yearly even if Apple release a very powerful iPad. It's unlike an iPhone.

dingdung

Reaction score
Woah, i guess u need to wait for at least half a year for the release of Air 3. I am not going to pay more for an iPad Pro 9.7 that is supposed to be in iPad Air pricing since the specs are not in the same league with iPad Pro 12.9. I rather wait for Air 3 and even if it turns out to have 2gb ram, i am still paying for the right amount. Or the worst scenario is to get the iPad Pro 9.7 after apple drop its pricing.

That's why I think Apple blew it on this one despite sagging sales of iPad. I really was looking for an excuse to spend the money to upgrade from Air 2.

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I gotten a Tab S2 8 inch, cant be happier to jump to the iPad Mini 4.
And just gotten the iPad Pro 12.9 today :s13:

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woah, i guess u need to wait for at least half a year for the release of Air 3. I am not going to pay more for an iPad Pro 9.7 that is supposed to be in iPad Air pricing since the specs are not in the same league with iPad Pro 12.9. I rather wait for Air 3 and even if it turns out to have 2gb ram, i am still paying for the right amount. Or the worst scenario is to get the iPad Pro 9.7 after apple drop its pricing.

You can bet there won't be an Air 3 after Apple move to Pro range. And in which area does the iPad Pro 9.7" doesn't stack up with the 12.9" iPad Pro other than the RAM? Both devices are cater to different users. Why people just don't get it!?

dingdung

Reaction score
For me it's the ram thingy and most importantly, the extra cost. If you compare the iPad Pro 9.7 with Air 2, the major upgrades are processor and cameras which are just like the yearly upgrade of iPad series, supposedly due in Air 3. The four speakers and some gimmicky true tone panel whatever they call, are neither spectacular nor substantial. To pay extra $210 (comparing Air 2 at $1148 vs iPad Pro 9.7 at $1358, both at 128gb cellular sets) simply doesn't add up to the cost for these upgrade. They should just label it as Air 3 with the same Air series price point.

You can bet there won't be an Air 3 after Apple move to Pro range. And in which area does the iPad Pro 9.7" doesn't stack up with the 12.9" iPad Pro other than the RAM? Both devices are cater to different users. Why people just don't get it!?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.