New iPad Pro OR Ipad Air 2

bitsoffish

Master Member
Reaction score
the decision made by me was to buy the ipad air 2. ordered the 64gb cellular at 738. im upgrading from a mini 2.

was hoping for a direct replacement of the air 2 to be announced but instead the ipad pro 9.7 is more expensive. given that there are air 2 refurbs available now, and suppose u are using a first gen air and below, it only makes sense to go to the pro 9.7 only if u wan the absolute best. else the refurb air 2s are a great buy at the new prices.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
the decision made by me was to buy the ipad air 2. ordered the 64gb cellular at 738. im upgrading from a mini 2.

was hoping for a direct replacement of the air 2 to be announced but instead the ipad pro 9.7 is more expensive. given that there are air 2 refurbs available now, and suppose u are using a first gen air and below, it only makes sense to go to the pro 9.7 only if u wan the absolute best. else the refurb air 2s are a great buy at the new prices.

That's actually a good buy. I had an Air 2 and Pro 12.9" this year. Air 2 is enough for media consumption. the Pro was reallly powerful but overkill too. I am still deciding. Lol.

chris888222

Reaction score
I think the 2GB RAM won't hurt as bad because the 9.7 inch iPad can't run 2 iPad apps simultaneously? But in the Long run it could be bad.

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they put 4gb of ram on ipad pro 9.7", it's going to hurt the sale of 12.9" big brother, the sale of which I suspect is not in the league of regular ipads or iphones. This is marketing strategy. They need to have something exclusive about the bigger toy to move it.

dlubis

Reaction score
I don't care on the 2GB RAM, I have the 12.9", enjoy the pencil but too big for me, so size does matter for me, not the RAM. Tried to buy the 9.7" earlier this morning, but still cannot buy it yet, they lied on pre-order starting today.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

dingdung

Reaction score
As usual u need to wait till 3pm for pre-order.

I don't care on the 2GB RAM, I have the 12.9", enjoy the pencil but too big for me, so size does matter for me, not the RAM. Tried to buy the 9.7" earlier this morning, but still cannot buy it yet, they lied on pre-order starting today.

BlueBull

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using and Air. Skipped the Air 2. My Air still runs everything ok so no need to upgrade. Skipping the Pro 9.7 too.

My previous ipad was the Ipad 2. Was slow and laggy by the time Air was released. Seems like only need to upgrade after 3 or 4 new models.

Pandule

Reaction score
I agree. I change from iPad 2 to iPad mini 2.

For me. I'll only change my iPad mini 2 only when it's really super sluggish. Since now I keep my iPad mini 2 at home( don't really bring it out to use). So wait for it to spoil before I get a new iPad I guess. Save some $$

I'm using and Air. Skipped the Air 2. My Air still runs everything ok so no need to upgrade. Skipping the Pro 9.7 too.

My previous ipad was the Ipad 2. Was slow and laggy by the time Air was released. Seems like only need to upgrade after 3 or 4 new models.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's actually a good buy. I had an Air 2 and Pro 12.9" this year. Air 2 is enough for media consumption. the Pro was reallly powerful but overkill too. I am still deciding. Lol.

After I use iPad pro 12.9", iPad Air is like a mini to me. Haha! Damn shiok and one of the best ipad I have ever use. I have to say it is a bit heavy

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Keep the 12.9 for home use n 9.7 for bringing out.

Best of both worlds

kmkimlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u just using one for media, get the refurbished air 2 when the new range of ipads are out. Actually, that was my plan when i sold my ipad 3. But now wanna save $$

tomasulu

Banned
Reaction score
For me it's the ram thingy and most importantly, the extra cost. If you compare the iPad Pro 9.7 with Air 2, the major upgrades are processor and cameras which are just like the yearly upgrade of iPad series, supposedly due in Air 3. The four speakers and some gimmicky true tone panel whatever they call, are neither spectacular nor substantial. To pay extra $210 (comparing Air 2 at $1148 vs iPad Pro 9.7 at $1358, both at 128gb cellular sets) simply doesn't add up to the cost for these upgrade. They should just label it as Air 3 with the same Air series price point.

Support for pencil is the main selling point. I'm thinking whether it helps with taking notes during meetings. Some how it feels weird typing during a meeting.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the 2GB RAM won't hurt as bad because the 9.7 inch iPad can't run 2 iPad apps simultaneously? But in the Long run it could be bad.

iPad Pro 9.7" can run 2 apps side by side.

Pre-order starts at 1501 SG time. Use the apple store app to access the pre-order page more quickly.

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
iPad Pro 9.7" can run 2 apps side by side.

Pre-order starts at 1501 SG time. Use the apple store app to access the pre-order page more quickly.

iPad Air 2 can run 2 apps side by side too.
iPad mini 4 as well.

As long as it runs A8 chip and above, it can run 2 apps side by side. Those with A7 and below, you cant.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPad Air 2 can run 2 apps side by side too.
iPad mini 4 as well.

As long as it runs A8 chip and above, it can run 2 apps side by side. Those with A7 and below, you cant.

Yes you are right. I was just quoting on what the previous poster had mentioned ;)

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After I update to ios9 iPad Air 2 wifi like very slow...anyone experience this??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.