Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro (Quantie ) Hybrid Earphones

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Definitely lacking. The piston 2 had earphone pouch but the hybrid only came with earphones and the ear buds. I would think they are trying to keep the cost low :s22:

I forgot how the piston 2 sounded but they're definitely better than the piston 3 that I have.

Just got this, since i am in BJ.
Been using the Pistons for a long time, which i think is amazing.

For the new Quantie ..
Pros:
1. Heavier bass yet i feel its projecting a bigger sound stage
2. Fitting. I love how it fits very very well into the ear. Helps to isolating noise well

Cons:
1. The bass. I for one, do not like heavy bass.
2. Packaging .. geese. Being spoilt by the nice rubber case with the Pistons ... the Quantie does not come with anything cept the packaging box.

obichacha

Reaction score
How we know which is piston 3 on mi.com/sg?

Is this piston 3?

http://store.mi.com/sg/item/3154500015

This look
13B32C96-4A5B-4252-9D40-8FA0F3CCC90C_zpscn0rw8p2.jpg

Different mic & volume controller
CBDD3416-64A6-44E9-BA0B-F2168641A481_zps38ntxrqr.jpg

B4BAF192-1B6A-4F8E-BE2D-0F6AB9B84307_zpshjmzj4lm.jpg

chiaRH

Reaction score
How we know which is piston 3 on mi.com/sg?

Is this piston 3?

http://store.mi.com/sg/item/3154500015

that one is commonly referred internationally as the piston 'youth edition'. the main difference with the standard piston 3 are:

- youth edition has flat cables, standard piston is braided cable

- youth edition's inline remote is plastic with single button, standard piston has volume control and the remote is metallic

As far as I know standard piston 3 was never available in SG

tonylee5566

Reaction score
that one is commonly referred internationally as the piston 'youth edition'. the main difference with the standard piston 3 are:

- youth edition has flat cables, standard piston is braided cable

- youth edition's inline remote is plastic with single button, standard piston has volume control and the remote is metallic

As far as I know standard piston 3 was never available in SG

this is standard piston 3 http://www.nextbuying.com/original-new-xiaomi-piston-black-earphone-p000326.html

ahber79

Reaction score
Is the Xiaomi Quantie earphones the best budget earphones one can get at this price range?

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
even though i'm something of a xiaomi fan, i would suggest that you try before buying

sound preference is quite subjective

personally found the quantie too bassy, but it could also be overly high expectations of a hybrid BA+dynamic combination

there a few other models around this price range [S$30], maybe you can visit the usual suspects [e.g. stereo, jaben] to listen before buying

also depends on your user scenario, e.g. where you will use the earphones; IEMs more suitable for noisy environments, e.g. mrt/bus commute, earbuds more suitable for quiet places, e.g. in office, when you want to hear your colleagues or incoming phone calls

couldn't get used to the piston 2 or quantie sound, but i liked the 1more [xiaomi headphones are made by 1more] earbuds [金澈耳机] for office use. as mentioned, sound preference is subjective, depending on each person's taste

obichacha

Reaction score
Xiaomi piston 3 try fit with comply foam the sound totally different and noise cancelling too

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really dont like the default sound. using viper4android and changing the Viper-DDC to ATH ES700 makes it sound better

ahber79

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies. Unfortunately Xiaomi got no retail store and can't try before buying. Got to buy and try.

Any reasons to get from Nextbuying instead of getting from the official Xiaomi Singapore website?

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies. Unfortunately Xiaomi got no retail store and can't try before buying. Got to buy and try.

Any reasons to get from Nextbuying instead of getting from the official Xiaomi Singapore website?

it cost only $28..just buy and try...i bought mine from mi sg direct during the redmi note 3 launch..

musicsg_com

Reaction score
it cost only $28..just buy and try...i bought mine from mi sg direct during the redmi note 3 launch..

Got mine from GearBest during pre-order last year Nov. Changed eartips and got my preferred audio balance.
http://musicphotolife.com/2016/01/xiaomi-mi-in-ear-headphones-pro-review/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.