3 of Singapore's Most Popular High-Quality In-Car Camera Brands - BlackVue, iRoad & ThinkWare

Eric A Blair

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So which one did u choose after such extensive research? :o

Yes ... I think that is a good question. After putting out this list of cams and saying so much, what's your point TS?

TS holland liao
Never reply alr

Bros, relax lah. Long weekend leh, cannot everyday stay in front of computer and pcw lah.

Anyway, the rig I have bought is iRoad T10 ($390) + CareCell LiFePO4 Pack ($230)

Now just finding a good installer to hook it to the car's power system.

Am outside now; will explain the rationale + pros and cons of this rig later.

PS: (CareCell has 83.2Wh vs Cellink's Bigger $368 version is only 76.8Wh)

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking for a cheap car dash camera, possibly DIY installation. ideally front and rear recording, or if not just front will do. no need recording in parking mode. any recommendations? :D

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking for a cheap car dash camera, possibly DIY installation. ideally front and rear recording, or if not just front will do. no need recording in parking mode. any recommendations? :D

TS no work on weekends one. U need to wait till Monday :o

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
Using a Goluk brand from taobao. Quite a few of my friends bought the same model. Fhd, can connect via wifi to view video on app, has Lane departure, collision warning, gsensor and frequent firmware update via air as well, Video quality is excellent, even have a wireless button where u can place near you yo press and record event video or take a photo. You can even remove it easily and use it as a sports cam on bikes. Only ard $100. Sg camera are way overprice.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PS: (CareCell has 83.2Wh vs Cellink's Bigger $368 version is only 76.8Wh)
Dey, since you know this you could have shared this in my thread about the Celllink, instead you asked there which one is better :s8: Anyways, since you've brought this up now, I'll probably look out for this CareCell.

There's a bunch of brand new iRoad V9s floating around the Buy/Sell folders of car club forums lately ... I might buy from 1 of these sellers, but my understanding is that you need to look for the 2016 version.

Eric A Blair

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dey, since you know this you could have shared this in my thread about the Celllink, instead you asked there which one is better :s8: Anyways, since you've brought this up now, I'll probably look out for this CareCell.

There's a bunch of brand new iRoad V9s floating around the Buy/Sell folders of car club forums lately ... I might buy from 1 of these sellers, but my understanding is that you need to look for the 2016 version.

Bro, I asked on the 23rd, last Wednesday, boh lang replied me leh.

Then I ownself ownself go find out loh.

Here's what I know now:

- Both are Korean made.
- Both are made from LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate). More stable, longer-lifespan, not sensitive to temperature than Lithium-Ion in common handphone batteries we use nowadays.
- The capacity for the bigger Cellink B6 ($328 one) is about same capacity as the CareCell.
- So CareCell (83.2Wh) is cheaper for a similar amount of batteries.
- But CareCell cannot expand (two x $328) batteries linked to give about 150Wh capacity.
- Cellink B has a built-in port to link two batteries or more together.
- CareCell charges faster than CellLink B. Think is driving 1 hr for full charge vs 1.5 hrs for CellLink B6 ($328, 76.8Wh one).

As for iRoad V9, make sure you get the one with "Season 2, 2016 Version", think released in January 2016 niah. Super duper new!

The new version has better Sony 2.4 megapixel CMOS sensor in both the front and rear cameras and lower-power, faster chip to prevent heating.

But for a similar price, I personally got the T10 for the screen plus wider angle camera.

Last edited:

hellhole

Reaction score
I heard of 24hr recording draining the car battery, is that true??

most of the better models used a 'parking mode' where they will only take a picture/video when they detect motion. this enables the camera to last over the night... till you start your car again the next morning...

so the problem can come when you leave your car un moved for a week or so... the car battery will be flat and the camera will be down.

you can add an extra battery pack to the system so that it does not use the car battery when in idle...

Stupid Idiot

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you think about it, most of these cameras are not recording only when motion is detected, but it is more like saving only when motion is detected~ Most of these cameras are capable of recording 10 seconds before the incident and 20 seconds after the incident~ If recording only starts after motion has been detected, how do they record the 10 seconds prior to the incident~? It is more like they are still constantly recording, only to save the previous 10 seconds and another 20 seconds when motion has been detected~ :crazy:

most of the better models used a 'parking mode' where they will only take a picture/video when they detect motion. this enables the camera to last over the night... till you start your car again the next morning...

so the problem can come when you leave your car un moved for a week or so... the car battery will be flat and the camera will be down.

you can add an extra battery pack to the system so that it does not use the car battery when in idle...

seveneleven

Reaction score
I'm still getting into issues with my Itronics which I had just installed together with a power magic. My cameras were from my previous car.

Usually the front camera will cut off occasionally when the engine cuts off when the car comes to a stop due to engine start/stop. Not sure whether the rear has the same issue as I only upload my front camera videos to my PC. I do notice some missing time frames when I review the video.

But I do know the front camera switches on and off as the front one is the SP version, so the annoying korean lady voice will always come one when it stops and then later start. :s13:

Since the car is new, so shouldn't be a battery issue, right?

shouldn't the dash cam goes into parking mode when your start/stop engine shut off? Does your cam got parking mode?

seveneleven

Reaction score
If you think about it, most of these cameras are not recording only when motion is detected, but it is more like saving only when motion is detected~ Most of these cameras are capable of recording 10 seconds before the incident and 20 seconds after the incident~ If recording only starts after motion has been detected, how do they record the 10 seconds prior to the incident~? It is more like they are still constantly recording, only to save the previous 10 seconds and another 20 seconds when motion has been detected~ :crazy:

i think you are right on that..

Eric A Blair

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's just the thing, I don't want a screen, and I don't want a big-@$$ cam. Cams should be as discreet as possible.

Bro, the footprint of V9 is not very much smaller than T10, even with the screen.

v9_new_main-495x400.jpg

T10_photo_3-495x400.jpg

In fact, V9's 'chocolate-bar' form factor is longer than T10's; while T10 is broader.

T8/T10 form factor was never reported to have heat issues.

In any case, if you think V9 is more your cup of tea, then go for it before the prices hike across the board.

For example,

AA is selling T10 @ $390 this month, the price from 1 April 2016 would be $430 and
V9 (Season 2 /2016 Version) @ $380 this month, new price next month would be $420.

PS: Most discrete dashcams I have come across is BlackVue (heat issues and old technology) and Cowan Aw2.

TheDashcamStore.com_blackvue_dr650gw_2ch_ir_dual_lens_rear_infrared_dash_cam_1__73698.1447204646.1275.850.jpg

cowon-aw2-4.jpg

Last edited:

letdoit

Reaction score
I don't have thinkware, so can't comment on it.

But as for blackvue for 2 years, i was disappointed from their website and youtube show that it can capture car plate during travel. In fact the real case, it can't. But if car is stop or park in carpark, u can clearly see carplate.

Blackvue work fine overall but during parking mode, abit hot.
I was against their advertisement show how clear is their lens and can't archive when come to real-life. ( there is alot of review in youtube by many user, none of them can show as clear as blackvue advertisement)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.