Xiaomi Yi dashcam

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought the dash cam, the video quality is excellent, both day night. Has wifi and most importantly heat resistant under hot sun.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
How much u bought~? Nw qoo10 got promo but only available in champagne colour~ had asked the seller on the grey version, he said restocking but will be mre ex~ :s22:

gohlex

Reaction score
Just bought the dash cam, the video quality is excellent, both day night. Has wifi and most importantly heat resistant under hot sun.

how much you bought it? got sample video quality to share? TIA

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi got car cam? :eek:

I had the same reaction, so I went to Google it. Turns out it's just being sold by Xiaomi, but the camera is made by Xiaoyi. No relation to each other. And it's more like a GoPro knockoff, that can also be used as a car camera.

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks good but i dun like suction type of cam
Will drop after some time de

edmund_gan

Reaction score
Bought it more expensive at $89.90, it's a good camera with 165 degrees view. Can connect via wifi, view is good at night. It's a good investment as it's super clear with 2k resolution. Now at $69.90 at qoo10..haha

Sent from Sony C6833 using GAGT

aErOpLaNe911

Reaction score
Am using it now for my drive trip in southern France. It's plugged into the 12v socket of my rental car. Each video is 3 minutes long. At 1080i and 60fps w/o sound, each 3 min clip is about 430MB. I save it onto a Kingston high-speed card of 64GB - the maximum size that the camera accepts. The camera demands read speeds of at least 80MB/s of your microSD card. But get a faster card, just in case.

I save each video onto my portable hard drive, for memories' sake. The video quality is good, considering the $84.90 I paid (for the grey variant). I just leave the camera in the car, even when parked in less desirable parts of notorious cities like Marseille.

Believe the $69.90 on Qoo10 requires an additional $15 top-up, even for the champagne variant.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had the same reaction, so I went to Google it. Turns out it's just being sold by Xiaomi, but the camera is made by Xiaoyi. No relation to each other. And it's more like a GoPro knockoff, that can also be used as a car camera.

You are right. Nothing to do with Xiaomi. Also see some review this model has over heat issue.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Quite impressed with the video quality. but I doubt the suction cup will hold under the hot sun.

FLiNcHY

Banned
Reaction score
Where to buy ah? Qoo 10 got so many sellers, which one is good? I see Camera.com.sg selling for $75, but need to pay $30 for 1 year warranty??

Sensational

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sounds good eh. maybe can buy it already. been looking around for a car cam.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.