Ink Tank System Printer

Kennedy

Master Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying the Canon G2000. it's good or not ? or get other brands equivalent like Epson L210 ?
Thanks.

ericccc

Reaction score
ink tank printer ink pad very fast full, frequently use one year already full, then you have to change.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im using L210 since 2013. Print all notes in color almost every day using third party inks ($12 for 4 CYMK 100ml bottles). Never had ink pad full. Maybe he is confused

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
Im using L210 since 2013. Print all notes in color almost every day using third party inks ($12 for 4 CYMK 100ml bottles). Never had ink pad full. Maybe he is confused

Actually, the more often you print, you should get less ink into the ink pad. Cos one of the main reasons for ink to get there is from printhead cleaning in between jobs.

The other reason is if you print a lot of borderless. If you don't print borderless much, this will reduce ink getting onto the ink pad also.

Kennedy

Master Member
Reaction score

if low usage, will get bad clogging or not ? ink dry up ? the L210 can roughly print how many black pages with a full tank ?

leaning towards Canon because using their printers all along, familiarity preference. not sure whether to change brand or not ?

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
if low usage, will get bad clogging or not ? ink dry up ?

I can say the most modern inkjets unlikely to get clogging if you stick with genuine ink. I have two canons, on average print once a month, but sometimes can go 2-3 months without printing. Never had a clog in years, but I do use only genuine ink. The downside is that your ink is wasted on cleaning cycles to prevent clogging. Not sure if 3rd party ink will be just as effective in cleaning to prevent clogs.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if low usage, will get bad clogging or not ? ink dry up ? the L210 can roughly print how many black pages with a full tank ?

leaning towards Canon because using their printers all along, familiarity preference. not sure whether to change brand or not ?

Canon quote 2000 pages. In practice around 1000 before need to topup. The longest i didnt print was 3months and no clog

If clog does happen, ink tank printers have ink flushing. Use 5% of your ink to remove clog. So its not a problem for dedicated printers.

U hear ppl say use third party inks get clog. Well i never used any original inks after it ran out, and still works fine. Could be because i use dye instead of pigment

If u only print black get laser.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
U hear ppl say use third party inks get clog. Well i never used any original inks after it ran out, and still works fine. Could be because i use dye instead of pigment

This one I really not sure, cos long time nvr use 3rd party already. Good to know it works just as well.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the Epson L355, need to print weekly to prevent head clogging.

Kennedy

Master Member
Reaction score
Canon quote 2000 pages. In practice around 1000 before need to topup. The longest i didnt print was 3months and no clog

If clog does happen, ink tank printers have ink flushing. Use 5% of your ink to remove clog. So its not a problem for dedicated printers.

If u only print black get laser.

1000 pages ? Canon G2000 claims 6000 pages and Epson L210 claims 4000 pages. there's a big difference between advertising and practice.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
1000 pages ? Canon G2000 claims 6000 pages and Epson L210 claims 4000 pages. there's a big difference between advertising and practice.

Actually, manufacturers follow ISO standardized tests for getting print speed and page yield. I don't know if they are required to follow it, but I think most do it.

Page yield is usually quoted based on 5% page coverage per colour, most likely continuous printing one shot (no gaps in between so less ink used for cleaning, etc) so obviously YMMV depending on actual usage. If you're printing a lot of full pageimages, you can expect a lot lower yield since it differs from the test. It's useful for comparing products.

pRb012N.png

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/04/campaigns/dell-iso-page-yield

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Does it matter?

With $4 can buy 1 bottle print 1000 pages. If use normal cartridge need at least 10 x$22

Also cheaper than buying third party black toner

Last edited:

mnemo_05

Reaction score
I am using the Epson L220, got it for 199 at the last IT Show + 20 NTUC Voucher =)

a very decent printer IMO, I can print photos a A4 size without having to worry about the ink since they are dirt cheap.. print quality is very good too

coolnhappy

Banned
Reaction score

I sent my Epson l210 for repair only 4 months into the purchase and it's all because I seldom print. I would advise you to print regularly.

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
I have the epson l655, yea need to print regularly to prevent clogging

The printer head has warranty for 2 years, right ? Can change if clogged ?

The brochures say that it has duplex printing via ADF. Can I ask if it's possible to scan duplex to a PDF file to the PC, thumbdrive or memory card ?

Thanks.

JakeTeddy

Reaction score
erm does anyone know if the new Canon authentic ink bottles be used with other models of canon printer? Like other older Canon printer but modded with CISS / modded cartridges?

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm does anyone know if the new Canon authentic ink bottles be used with other models of canon printer? Like other older Canon printer but modded with CISS / modded cartridges?

Why not? Both needs to be same type (dye/pigment)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.