samsung pay

xheavenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
try opening your samsung pay app and check....

hope MST works in singapore. if it does, it means we will not be subjected to the $100 transaction limit for nfc payments like applepay users.

iUt6nSpl.png

:( s7 user.

Sent from S7 using GAGT

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
I am not able to add dbs visa debit card
I THINK ONLY OCBC working as of now

Last edited:

hyperx66

Reaction score
Apple comes up with something, Samsung copies it. It's sad to see Samsung losing in competition

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think he is right, samsung still following apple :)

and apple is going to buy and use samsung oled panels as well. this copying issue will not end. end of the day its consumers who will benefit.

google wallet was introduced before applepay. apple took the idea and improvised it..

samsung then took the idea and improvised it further. how is this related to losing in competition?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think he is right, samsung still following apple :)

No leh. First to launch the similar technology doesn't mean anything. Moreover I think MST is something different from what apple has to offer for apple pay..

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
No leh. First to launch the similar technology doesn't mean anything. Moreover I think MST is something different from what apple has to offer for apple pay..
Thats ok but cards like DBS/SC not working and Banks have no information watsoever, when u try calling them, they are like: "we know Apple Pay, wats Samsung Pay - no info" :)

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats ok but cards like DBS/SC not working and Banks have no information watsoever, when u try calling them, they are like: "we know Apple Pay, wats Samsung Pay - no info" :)

because its not officially launched yet? :s11:

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
because its not officially launched yet? :s11:

Then wat Beta testers are supposed to do :)
Thats why ppl are saying there is no proper planning at Samsung side.
If DBS/SC not supported from day one in Beta, they should have not mentioned that !!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

MST does work in local retail outlets despite the magnetic swipe transaction being disabled...

Last edited:

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
aiyo, ok.. perhaps in the email they should include the list of banks eligible for samsung pay.

as i have mentioned before, DBS/POSB will kick in on 2nd June 2016. Now currently only OCBC is eligible.

Yeah, came to know now through this forum :)

This is what Samsung has updated:
The current(CBT) list of Samsung Pay supported cards includes:
DBS(Visa, Master), OCBC (Master),SC(Visa, Master)
Samsung is continually expanding the list of payment cards you can register to Samsung Pay.

earthtk

Reaction score

MST does work in local retail outlets despite the magnetic swipe transaction being disabled...

Actually whst is classified as MST? Anything that uses visa to swipe? How about those credit card terminal that needs to be inserted?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, came to know now through this forum :)

This is what Samsung has updated:
The current(CBT) list of Samsung Pay supported cards includes:
DBS(Visa, Master), OCBC (Master),SC(Visa, Master)
Samsung is continually expanding the list of payment cards you can register to Samsung Pay.

My ocbc card is visa.. hahas!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually whst is classified as MST? Anything that uses visa to swipe? How about those credit card terminal that needs to be inserted?

Google MST and read from there. It's a samsung technology.

lxLionHartxl

Reaction score
Ah I see.. So it wont work if the terminal only accept cards with emv chip...

From the video, it seems to work on an EMV terminal. Well, I think the best way to find out is to go to those self check out counters where you insert your OCBC card and use Samsung Pay instead. That way might convince you, not sure about that.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah I see.. So it wont work if the terminal only accept cards with emv chip...

MST is useful when u don't have the NFC reader to use. All terminals come with emv slot and magnetic card slot for the swipe transactions. As long as the merchant accepts cards transaction, samsung pay kicks in.

The only issue encountered was the weird look from cashier. Cos normally merchants don't expect to pass u their terminal as normally, they take our card and slot into the emv slot for us..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.