Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900! (Arcadyan)

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here know how to setup a mini nas using the AC1900 router just by plugging a harddisk into the USB port? If it is even possible..

plug in, then in webui there's something else to set. Cant remember exactly, i need to meddle with the firmware first.

btw i think the router can only read up to 1TB with fat32, exFAT cannot. not sure if i'm correct...

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
call 1688 and see what they say lor..

will try, previously tried and they turned down the request, seems like this quantenna issue is quite bad, was reading on the Asus AC87U too and seems like it screwed that router up badly for 5Ghz wifi.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will try, previously tried and they turned down the request, seems like this quantenna issue is quite bad, was reading on the Asus AC87U too and seems like it screwed that router up badly for 5Ghz wifi.

haha quantenna is making a comeback to consumer series routers soon, stay tuned!

dunno is nightmare or not. :D:D

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha quantenna is making a comeback to consumer series routers soon, stay tuned!

dunno is nightmare or not. :D:D

just called them up, they still insist for technician to check, dk how to replicate this issue to them.

will avoid if i can. once bitten twice shy.

tjrsasea

Reaction score
Anws, will be getting this AC1900 next tues. Will update anything interesting when I get it :)

cantopop

Reaction score
collect my set just now from china sq,
set up upon reaching home,
max speed download is 200mb only via wifi, upload 520mb. my plan is the 1gbps home fibre plan.
call 1688, spend almost 45min via phone talking to operator to solve the slow doanload issue,
can't be solve, in the end, singtel sending their tech down to my place this sunday.

sian..

tjrsasea

Reaction score
max speed download is 200mb only via wifi, upload 520mb. my plan is the 1gbps home fibre plan.
call 1688, spend almost 45min via phone talking to operator to solve the slow doanload issue,
can't be solve, in the end, singtel sending their tech down to my place this sunday.

sian..

Hmm but upload also abit slow ah based on your plan. Update us on your progress after ST tech come down. I wanna see how they solve your problem hahaha cos based on experience they will always push blame to other parties 😏😏

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

sian..

Excuse me, how can u use a wireless device to test speed huh? The wireless speed is also dependent on your wireless device leh. :D

I'm curious which device did u use to test?

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
not push blame la, I think most of the time really is user problem or the layout of the house.

nowadays BTO flat layout cmi, damn bad for wifi connectivity.

as for user problem, usually is hardware cannot support that speed. or some setting that limit the download speed.

the user also based his judgement on wifi speeds which are subjected to interferences from the environment.

Hmm but upload also abit slow ah based on your plan. Update us on your progress after ST tech come down. I wanna see how they solve your problem hahaha cos based on experience they will always push blame to other parties 😏😏

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score

sian..
Wifi speed is around 200mbps la... only cable speed can go up to 800~900mbps.

upgrade

Reaction score

sian..

Wifi speed is around 200mbps la... only cable speed can go up to 800~900mbps.

He was specific about indicating "via wifi" and was trying to solve the 200Mbps DL vs the 520Mb UL. I am guessing he knows he is not going to get the max via wifi.

Maybe QoS or WMM the reason. I have seen this affecting DL speed.

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
He was specific about indicating "via wifi" and was trying to solve the 200Mbps DL vs the 520Mb UL. I am guessing he knows he is not going to get the max via wifi.

Maybe QoS or WMM the reason. I have seen this affecting DL speed.

Upload 500+ also wrong already, could be speedtest server playing with him.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.