What's your favorite moment @ Funan?

xtemujin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still remember going to Funan to buy a computer with my mom in the 1990, the mall was under renovation from the old style Sim Lim Square to the current design mall.

The 1990's computer brands like Ranger.

Crooni

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got some doom competition or show

just remember it playing on the big atrium tv.

clyp1973

Reaction score
Got my first PC there, DataPro 386SX-16mhz

If I remember correctly, it was about $2,400

Eat everyday at Corona chicken rice, add rice add chicken wing. Entered army at whopping 92kg

Creative started from there too.. that time pass by their shop will Siam faraway because paiseh ...

Most shop sell PC by showing some screensaver... that time got monochrome, EGA, VGA and SVGA

Memories

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
working there for 8 years, see lots of weird customer/stupid customer. Have my joy of serving them, best 8 yrs of my life šŸ˜­ is sad to see it gone

jansen chan

Banned
Reaction score
use to work there for 2 years and part time for 2 years

fav was lining up for diablo 3. me and my staff and part timer take turn to line up to collect the item

chiong cab home, server down

Ya, we all queue until kena sun burn, kena rain.

In shop try to create acct first.

Can't play till 3rd day! LOL!

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
bought first Windows 95 pc from challenger and the computer was bulky and expensive.the food court used to be at basement where Harvey Norman is then they shifted up to level 5. Bought many it stuff, camera,games from challenger

nostudyone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember the big big screen in middle of Funan? its made up of 16 Big Tv , when at night Funan door close, occasionally we were tasked to climb to the back of the TV to maintenance. fxxking heavy tv.

Sent from edmwxyz using GAGT

Disincarnate

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
remember buying the cd rw external writer, browsing for pc games, eating at taco bell and games launch~

jadedRomeo

Reaction score
Late 80s. Pirated games galore. Piracy took actual effort in those days. I remember saving up to buy one of the Ultima series and the shop uncle had to photocopy the game manual for me. All 300 pages of it. Lol. Literally heaven for a 9 year old me.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

silviachef

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The old funan of late 80s was my 1st ever visit. The hair salon which span almost an entire floor.

The top floor food court with fried chicken wing rice, not knowing it was Corona then.

Bought my 1st pentium 100mhz from Aeris and Sitoca table in 95. Think almost 3.8k for both. Only 2mb video ram plus a 15 in Philips monitor. 8mb ram. 1.2g hdd if iirc. The after sales service was crap. Ran out of something during delivery. Called 2 weeks later and they refused to honor the productĆ  despite taking note of it on the delivery invoice.

Just went there on Wed and it was crowded during the lunch hour. Also popped by Peninsula plaza for a walk walk. Saw spitfire the skater shop but it wasn't open. Heaps of memories

Sent from gold coast using GAGT

Last edited:

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go there meet blind date

u ask y?

becos meet liao convenient as i wanna go peninsula buy my football boots

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.