*OFFICIAL* Standard Chartered Bank Online Equities Trading

kehyi4

Reaction score
I can't share because I had promise not to share... Anyway dbs is having 50% OFF on commission for trades till Aug or Sept.. It's almost same as scb min comm
:sad: I'm sad... /cries

otoh, I think we cannot rely on promotions, special offers, sign-up deals etc - those things don't last. where will we be when the promo ends?

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't share because I had promise not to share... Anyway dbs is having 50% OFF on commission for trades till Aug or Sept.. It's almost same as scb min comm

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT

Probably referring to POEMS. There are 2 conditions for that price one; firstly, your trade (buy or sell) can't exceed $3500 in value (which isn't much of an issue) &/or secondly, you can't purchase more than 1000 units of 1 counter within 1 trade. Its good for buying the large caps like banks but that's about it.

kehyi4

Reaction score
Probably referring to POEMS. There are 2 conditions for that price one; firstly, your trade (buy or sell) can't exceed $3500 in value (which isn't much of an issue) &/or secondly, you can't purchase more than 1000 units of 1 counter within 1 trade. Its good for buying the large caps like banks but that's about it.
This one? It's a promotion leh...

POEMS: Enjoy S$10* minimum commission for online trades in Singapore listed stocks.
Terms & Conditions:

1. The above promotion is only valid for online trades done through POEMS trading platforms. This includes CPF and SRS trades
  2. Only online orders of total quantity less than 1,000 shares of the same counter and ticker name, traded on the same day (regardless of settlement mode: Cash/CPF/SRS) will enjoy the above promotion
  3. The contract value must be less than $3,500 for each settlement mode (Cash/CPF/SRS)
  4. Broker-assisted orders are not eligible for this promotion
  5. The above promotion applies to orders done till 31 December 2016 inclusive
  6. Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (PSPL) reserves the right to substitute or change the promotion, amend any terms and conditions without prior notification. Where a dispute involving the interpretation of terms and conditions arises, PSPL reserves the right to have the final say

In any case, other than CDP, this is not better than SCB what...

henryscy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

POEMS: Enjoy S$10* minimum commission for online trades in Singapore listed stocks.
Terms & Conditions:

1. The above promotion is only valid for online trades done through POEMS trading platforms. This includes CPF and SRS trades
  2. Only online orders of total quantity less than 1,000 shares of the same counter and ticker name, traded on the same day (regardless of settlement mode: Cash/CPF/SRS) will enjoy the above promotion
  3. The contract value must be less than $3,500 for each settlement mode (Cash/CPF/SRS)
  6. Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (PSPL) reserves the right to substitute or change the promotion, amend any terms and conditions without prior notification. Where a dispute involving the interpretation of terms and conditions arises, PSPL reserves the right to have the final say

Better if you intend to use CPF OA & enter in small quantities lah.

FieldName

Reaction score
I can open up Standard Chartered Bank Online Equities Trading acc with esaves at any of their branch or only at plaza sing? There's is customer account review quiz. What if i got no experience at all? Will they still allow me to open an account?

Last edited:

pickboys

Reaction score

Terms & Conditions:

they somehow keep extending the promotion... it has been quite a while liao

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can open up Standard Chartered Bank Online Equities Trading acc with esaves at any of their branch or only at plaza sing? There's is customer account review quiz. What if i got no experience at all? Will they still allow me to open an account?
Bluff your way thru......they just want you to declare u have shares n stocks background.
Can open any branch.....i open mine at Clementi mall.

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT

turbin95

Reaction score
Anyone using SCB because it is very convenient? Like money can easily transfer in and out from settlement account instantly, not like poems need working day to process...plus buy limit only depends on your purchasing power. Only downside is not CDP but i think SCB should still be quite safe ba?

NicoNicoNii

Reaction score
Anyone using SCB because it is very convenient? Like money can easily transfer in and out from settlement account instantly, not like poems need working day to process...plus buy limit only depends on your purchasing power. Only downside is not CDP but i think SCB should still be quite safe ba?

i use it because it is cheap. nothing else.

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For SCB the buy limit also depends on your purchasing power lah. There's not T+3/5 settlement period; you have to transfer the money into the trading account before the system will let you buy.

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They want me to claim that i did at least 3 investment in the past 6mths. How? Anyone who was a newbie can advice??

There is no alternative other than to say yes. Answering no to that will void your application immediately as you are deemed to be inexperienced to invest in stocks. Hence, the lie is inevitable. Don't worry lah, they wont ask you to supply any documents to prove it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.