Guide: How to create US/UK/JP PSN accounts

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I've put together a little guide for those who want to create an account on Japan PSN. I don't read Japanese, so please let me know if I made any mistake.

(The process for creating account on US or Europe PSN is similar, except that they are in English, so no translation necessary. See post #2 below for addresses you can use in US, Canada and UK.)

Creating Japan PSN Account

1. Go to Sony Entertainment Network account sign-in page (here). Click "Create New Account".

2. Change "Country/Region" to "Japan". Once you do that, the whole form should change to Japanese language. Fill in the details:
サインイン ID : e-mail ID
生年月日: birth date
性別 (任意): gender (optional)
国または地域: country/region (this is now Japan)
都道府県: state (pick any, you can use "東京都" for Tokyo, it's the 13th from the top)
言語: language (defaults to Japanese, you can't change this)
パスワードの作成: create password
パスワードの確認: confirm password
Then enter the reCAPTCHA code.​
Click on the black button at the bottom ("I agree. Create my account").

3. Now you are in the Account Management page. At the top, there are 3 tabs (Devices, Media, Account). Click the last tab ("アカウント" Account). Click the second option on the left (" アカウント詳細") to update your account details.

a) The first section on the right ("アカウント") is your Account info. You have entered some earlier, but there are a couple missing. Click the black button below ("編集") to edit.
名前: Name. This field expands to 姓 (last name) and 名 (first name). You can enter in English.
オンラインID: online ID (PSN account name)​
Click the black button ("保存") to save.

b) The second section ("セキュリティー") is Security info. Leave them as is.

c) The third section ("登録住所") is the Address. You already have the country and state entered earlier. Click the black button below ("編集") to edit. You need to fill in:
郵便番号: ZIP code (I use "143-0001")
The rest just enter "xyz" or whatever.
Click the black button ("保存") to save.

4. And that should be all. Go to the PSN store on the web (here). Sign in using a Japan account and the Japan store will be shown. The layout is similar to the web store of other regions. Explore! Or you can access it from PS4 or PS3.

Creating Germany PSN Account

● Go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
● Click "Create New Account", click "Start"
● Enter sign-in ID (email) and password you want to use, "next"
● In country/region drop-down list, select "Germany". Once you do this, the interface switches to German language.
- Leave "Sprache" (language) as "Deutsch" (German).
- Under "Geburtsdatum" (date of birth), set up "Tag" (day), "Monat" (month) and "Jahr" (year). The date of birth is a security question, you need to remember this if you want to reset password later.
- Click "Weiter" (next) to proceed. You can click "Zurück" (back) to go back.
- Scroll through the privacy policy statement to the bottom.
- Optionally, you can click "Ändern" (change), then in the next screen, uncheck the 2 boxes (for customised purchase recommendations and advertising), click "Bestätigen" (confirm). Otherwise just click "Fortfahren" (continue).
- In the next screen, at the center is a checkbox on whether you want to receive information from Sony, check it if you want. Click "Zustimmen und Konto erstellen" (confirm and create). At this point, your account will be created.
● If you encounter any error after this, go back to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com. You should be able to continue with some of the steps below.

● Before you do anything with the next screen titled "E-Mail-Adresse bestätigen" (e-mail address verification), go to your e-mail account (the one you entered as sign-in ID). There should be an e-mail from Playstation <Sony@email.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com>. (If you don't have it, click "E-Mail erneut senden" to resend). In the e-mail there is a button "Jetzt verifizieren" (verify now), click it.
● Back at the "E-Mail-Adresse bestätigen" screen, click the top button "bereits verifiziert" (already verified).
● In the next screen "Zweistufige Verifizierung" (two-step verification), click the left button "berspringen" (skip). Same for the next screen "Mobiltelefon" (mobile phone), click "Überspringen" (skip).
● Now the account is ready. You will be logged in and at your account page. On the left panel, click "PSN-Profil" (PSN profile). You will see a blank panel on the right with "Du musst dein Konto aktualisieren, um fortzufahren" (you need to update your account to continue). Click the "Weiter" (next) button to continue.
● In the "Konto aktualisieren" (update account) screen, click "Weiter" (next).
● In the "Adresse" (address) screen, enter the fields "Ort" (place, type anything), "Bundesland/Provinz" (state/province, eg. "Berlin"), and "Postleitzahl" (postal code, eg. "12107"). Click "Weiter" (next).
● In the next screen, enter the "Online-ID" you want to use. Also enter your name (can just type anything) - "Vorname" (first name), "Nachname" (surname). Click "Weiter" (next).
● In the next screen "Aktualisiere dein Profil" (update your profile), scroll to the bottom, click "Fortfahren" (continue). All done.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Tips on Creating Multiple PSN Accounts

1)
If your email account is MyMainAccount@gmail.com, then any mail sent to MyMainAccount+anything@gmail.com will also be delivered to the same account. You can have anything after the "+" and you don't have to pre-define them in gmail or create sub-accounts.

This is very handy for creating PSN accounts. You can use MyMainAccount+SG@gmail.com, MyMainAccount+US@gmail.com, MyMainAccount+UK@gmail.com, MyMainAccount+JP@gmail.com and so on, without having to keep making new dummy e-mail accounts. To gmail, they are all the same account (MyMainAccount@gmail.com). To PSN, they are different accounts.

This trick should work with some other e-mail providers too, but I have not tested them.

2)
When creating a US PSN account, choose a state where there is no tax on digital transactions, otherwise you will be charged more when buying things from US PSN store. We commonly use Oregon, where vPost and Comgateway are located.

3)
Some common addresses you can use when creating other accounts. Address line fields can be anything.

Address line 1: 17146 NE Sandy Blvd
City: Portland
State: Oregon
Zip Code: 97230
Country/Region: United States

Address line 1: Unit 4 Alpha Way, Thorpe Industrial Park
City: Egham
County: Surrey
Postcode: TW20 8RZ
Country/Region: United Kingdom

Address line 1: anything
City: Toronto
County: Ontario
Postcode: M2H 3R6
Country/Region: Canada

4)
To make purchases on a foreign PSN store, you will need to buy the corresponding PSN card and redeem the code on your foreign account to add the amount to your wallet.

See this post for info on where you can purchase the PSN cards online. There are sources for instant delivery (ie. the code is shown to you on screen and/or sent via email immediately after a successful transaction).

(PSN stores accept Paypal too but generally a foreign PSN store will not accept a Singapore Paypal account.)

Pls refer to this map for US states that do not tax on digital purchases (accurate as of July 2016):
Digital-Product-Taxability.png

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States

Last edited:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Pierce,

It's nice to see an soon to be ex gameaxis member here.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Tips on Creating Multiple PSN Accounts

1)
If your email account is MyMainAccount@gmail.com, then any mail sent to MyMainAccount+anything@gmail.com will also be delivered to the same account. You can have anything after the "+" and you don't have to pre-define them in gmail or create sub-accounts.

This is very handy for creating PSN accounts. You can use MyMainAccount+SG@gmail.com, MyMainAccount+US@gmail.com, MyMainAccount+UK@gmail.com, MyMainAccount+JP@gmail.com and so on, without having to keep making new dummy e-mail accounts. To gmail, they are all the same account (MyMainAccount@gmail.com). To PSN, they are different accounts.

This trick should work with some other e-mail providers too, but I have not tested them.

2)
When creating a US PSN account, choose a state where there is no tax on online transactions, otherwise you will be charged more when buying things from US PSN store. We commonly use Oregon, where vPost and Comgateway are located.

3)
Some common addresses you can use when creating other accounts. Address line fields can be anything.

Address line 1: 17146 NE Sandy Blvd
City: Portland
State: Oregon
Zip Code: 97230
Country/Region: United States

Address line 1: Unit 4 Alpha Way, Thorpe Industrial Park
City: Egham
County: Surrey
Postcode: TW20 8RZ
Country/Region: United Kingdom

Address line 1: anything
City: Toronto
County: Ontario
Postcode: M2H 3R6
Country/Region: Canada

4)
To make purchases on a foreign PSN store, you will need to buy the corresponding PSN card and redeem the code on your foreign account to add the amount to your wallet.

See this post for info on where you can purchase the PSN cards online. There are sources for instant delivery (ie. the code is shown to you on screen and/or sent via email immediately after a successful transaction).

(PSN stores accept Paypal too but generally a foreign PSN store will not accept a Singapore Paypal account.)

how do i add sub email account to my main account ? where do i input the plus plus thing.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
how do i add sub email account to my main account ? where do i input the plus plus thing.
To gmail, you have email account MyMainAccount@gmail.com, MyMainAccount+CA@gmail.com, etc. They are all going to a single email account. You only created one account with gmail.

To PSN, each PSN account will use one email account. So MyMainAccount@gmail.com can be one PSN account, MyMainAccount+CA@gmail.com can be another PSN account.

If you already have a gmail account MyMainAccount@gmail.com, then you can go PSN and create a Canada PSN account, when PSN prompts you for email address, you just type MyMainAccount+CA@gmail.com (without actually having to pre-define this in gmail). You can also create Japan PSN account using MyMainAccount+JP@gmail.com, US PSN account using MyMainAccount+US@gmail.com and so on. (Of course you can use any chars you want behind the +). This saves you effort as you don't actually need to create multiple gmail account.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
To gmail, you have email account MyMainAccount@gmail.com, MyMainAccount+CA@gmail.com, etc. They are all going to a single email account. You only created one account with gmail.

To PSN, each PSN account will use one email account. So MyMainAccount@gmail.com can be one PSN account, MyMainAccount+CA@gmail.com can be another PSN account.

If you already have a gmail account MyMainAccount@gmail.com, then you can go PSN and create a Canada PSN account, when PSN prompts you for email address, you just type MyMainAccount+CA@gmail.com (without actually having to pre-define this in gmail). You can also create Japan PSN account using MyMainAccount+JP@gmail.com, US PSN account using MyMainAccount+US@gmail.com and so on. (Of course you can use any chars you want behind the +). This saves you effort as you don't actually need to create multiple gmail account.

thanks i get it.

so when i create psn account i then add the + + thing.

all emails from each different psn account will go my main gmail account.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks i get it.

so when i create psn account i then add the + + thing.

all emails from each different psn account will go my main gmail account.
Yup, that's right. When creating each psn account, just add +whatever. Any mail going to a + account will appear in the main gmail account's inbox.

MasterChief86

Reaction score
Thanks

Nice... although, it's a little late for me now. :p i know a little bit of katakana which i used to make an account over psn japan along with some help from some post i saw.

Made me wonder... did it never cross Sony Japan's mind that there could be gaijins and foreigners living in Japan. People who know nothing about Nihongo :/

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Made me wonder... did it never cross Sony Japan's mind that there could be gaijins and foreigners living in Japan. People who know nothing about Nihongo :/
Probably not. Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia (SIEJA, note Asia reports to Japan organisationally) seems to live in an alternate universe where Japan won WWII. They assume everyone in Asia understands Japanese language, that's why they keep giving us Japanese games in Asia PS Plus :(.

And then there's Bandai Namco (and other developers, probably Sony too as PSN store owner) who thinks that no one in Hong Kong speaks English (so they don't sell English version of their games there), and no one in Singapore speaks Chinese (even though 77% of Singaporeans are Chinese, yet they don't want to sell Chinese version games here).

On a calmer note, if a gaijin living in Japan doesn't understand Japanese, then there's really nothing on the Japan PSN store for him, cos practically everything there is Japanese only. The foreigner might as well just use the PSN store of his home country.

MasterChief86

Reaction score
Probably not. Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia (SIEJA, note Asia reports to Japan organisationally) seems to live in an alternate universe where Japan won WWII. They assume everyone in Asia understands Japanese language, that's why they keep giving us Japanese games in Asia PS Plus :(.

And then there's Bandai Namco (and other developers, probably Sony too as PSN store owner) who thinks that no one in Hong Kong speaks English (so they don't sell English version of their games there), and no one in Singapore speaks Chinese (even though 77% of Singaporeans are Chinese, yet they don't want to sell Chinese version games here).

On a calmer note, if a gaijin living in Japan doesn't understand Japanese, then there's really nothing on the Japan PSN store for him, cos practically everything there is Japanese only. The foreigner might as well just use the PSN store of his home country.

There you go, that was exactly what i meant. You're stuck if you get posted there for a job and buy a ps there. it could be worse for a kid who would have no idea what hes playing, assuming he ever makes it to payment confirmation. Xbox one was a disaster in Japan and HK, so i'm really not sure if they work the same way, but i'm sure a lot of gamers who are unaware of regional languages would appreciate this if they can offer one more language (preferably English).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.