Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

hotspur_77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried AIS traveller group sharing SIM... it stated unlimited calls between 3 SIM cards... but how about outgoing calls? need to top up?

loveaddict

Master Member
Reaction score
so is it advisable to purchase the thailand simcard from changi recommends before i go to krabi and phuket? i scared that i will kena chop carrot if i wait till i reach the airport haha

and does this mean i can just use one prepaid card for both my krabi and phuket trips? (about 2 weeks apart)

Siaoguy0

Reaction score
Not sure if this is mention before but oh well.

http://tourist.cpn.co.th/tourist-promotion-7-CentralFestivalPattayaBeach

Free!! AIS SUPER WIFI for Tourists
From now – 31 December 2016

Tourists get free!
AIS Super WIFI 2 hours when register for tourist card at information counters.

Special Privilege!
Show tourist card at AIS shop and get free AIS Traveller Sim Card + 10 MB
Internet + 50 Minute Local Call at CentralFestival Pattaya Beach, the Ground Floor.

More information, please visit www.ais.co.th/travellersim

fitzz82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I were to buy a 10 day unlimited data package and I am going on a 11 days trip; is it possible to go to 7-11 to top up just 1 more day of data?:s11:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I were to buy a 10 day unlimited data package and I am going on a 11 days trip; is it possible to go to 7-11 to top up just 1 more day of data?:s11:
yes it's possible. if you are using dtac you can top up and buy the 1 day plan using their app.

6wR0lCS.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Last edited:

Jose8802

Reaction score
May i know which sim card between Dtac & TrueMove can be used in Thailand without activating ? (As in i purchased in singapore and can immediately use switch on in thailand?) Intend to pop into my mifi router.

Does DTAC or Truemove need to set APN as well ?

Can the Truemove extend validity to 1 year as well ?

Which of Truemove or Dtac has a app to use on mobile phone ?

Many thanks for your replies. :)

Confession.pt3

Reaction score
May i know which sim card between Dtac & TrueMove can be used in Thailand without activating ? (As in i purchased in singapore and can immediately use switch on in thailand?) Intend to pop into my mifi router.

Does DTAC or Truemove need to set APN as well ?

Can the Truemove extend validity to 1 year as well ?

Which of Truemove or Dtac has a app to use on mobile phone ?

Many thanks for your replies. :)

You need to register all new sims these days and most of the time apn is auto. Doubt True sim has 1year validity.

gohjlb

Reaction score
Can i check if able to reuse my old SIM card from 2013?

Last time brought it. Heard i can top up and can be use again.
??

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can i check if able to reuse my old SIM card from 2013?

Last time brought it. Heard i can top up and can be use again.
??

read online, 180 days extension for dtac is 50b.
365 days extension for dtac is 100b...

Confession.pt3

Reaction score
You can actually go to any of the phone shop to buy a normal sim. These day alot of free gift like free fb,IM for 30days and the sim only cost 50bucks at most. One day free unlimited internet for less then 20bucks is more then enough for normal surfing.

pohu

Master Member
Reaction score
Where to buy this ais sim card at changi airport huh ? I am inside the terminal one at departure hall already . Is it available there ? Thks

Would it be cheaper to get ais sim card in Changi or at BKK airport? As I be there for 3D2N

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.