Any GrabHitch/RydeShare driver come in to share experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGJoe86

Reaction score
Thanks bro. Just downloaded the Grab driver apps. I read the Q&A and it mention that we can only do 2 trips a day with GrabHitch. .. any bro wanna confirm ?
Singapore transport regulation only allows for 2 trips a day, BUT there is always a way around the system :p

RayOfLight said:
Ryde charges $1 for every match.. how about grab hitch? how much do they charge?
For RYDE, technically you purchase their credits, which equates to $1 per credit. If you buy the unlimited credit, it's $30. Worth it if you are able to pick up passengers regularly.
As for GrabHitch, they take a commission of average $1 per trip, slightly more or less depending on the overall cost.

SGJoe86

Reaction score
Anyway, I've been a regular driver for both RYDE and GrabHitch for quite a while. Initially was picking up a lot of passengers on RYDE, but GrabHitch had been aggressive in marketing, so my RYDE account had been quiet of late while my GrabHitch is on fire :o

4 out of 5 passengers from RYDE will take the front seat, whereas 2 out of 5 from GrabHitch will take the front seat. I guess passengers from GrabHitch assumed that it is like taxi service, except it's cheaper, since it's under the Grab group. It does annoys me a bit when they sit behind, but I've learned to accept it. Those that automatically take the front seat always strike up conversations, which is really good for networking. Those that sit at the back always bury their face in their phone, oh well.

RayOfLight

Reaction score
Singapore transport regulation only allows for 2 trips a day, BUT there is always a way around the system :p

For RYDE, technically you purchase their credits, which equates to $1 per credit. If you buy the unlimited credit, it's $30. Worth it if you are able to pick up passengers regularly.
As for GrabHitch, they take a commission of average $1 per trip, slightly more or less depending on the overall cost.

what's the exact commission that they charge for grab? can't find any info in their website.

SGJoe86

Reaction score
what's the exact commission that they charge for grab? can't find any info in their website.
They don't state the exact commission. I didn't know about it until I spoke to a GrabHitch passenger during one of the ride, and found that the price they paid to Grab is higher than what Grab is paying me. Short distance I know is $1 comm, based on $6 from passenger, and $5 to driver. Anything longer I've yet to verify with my other passengers.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today took one minah she asks my permission to sit at the back.

It was a quiet ride like passenger with a taxi driver.

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nobody say that for carpool, pax have to sit infront
If pax never talk, u can start the talking first if u wanna chat
When i work in grabcar, no matter pax sit infront or behind, i also able to chat with them unless they dun wanna talk

For drivers, dun always have negative thoughts, be neutral
Pax sit behind means treat u like taxi?
So if chiobu sit infront means she have interest in me?
If u keep thinking like this, dun drive la quit better

Sent from zhutou kopitiam using GAGT

RayOfLight

Reaction score
experience on hitch not as good.. just started both ryde and hitch.. people on ryde are generally more friendly.. i think most hitch users treat it as normal taxi..

so far pick up 2 ryde riders and both are friendly and chatty.. pick up 2 hitch riders.. 1 indicated 1 pax in the end 3 pax with kid.. then the kid keep kick my chair.. damn irritating.. the other 1 funny.. cos mine is a 2 doors car.. she like keep searching for the rear door..

conclusion.. never pick up kids.. try to use ryde rather than hitch..

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just wonder if ryde and hitch charge differently on the type of car?

do you pay more on a conti car vs a cherry?

RayOfLight

Reaction score
quite piss off then rider indicated 1 pax but comes in 2-3 pax.. got quite a few times already.. but don't pick them up also bo hua.. if ask them before pick up, some will reply they have stated 1 pax.. zzz

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think those who use ryde just wan pick up pretty ladies

can u imagine drivers of Audi Benz BMW picking up passenagers just for that $10+ buck? i value my privacy anyday

RayOfLight

Reaction score
not many pple use Ryde.. I started about 2-3 weeks ago.. only 3 from Ryde.. 1 from swiftback and 20+ from grab hitch..

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not many pple use Ryde.. I started about 2-3 weeks ago.. only 3 from Ryde.. 1 from swiftback and 20+ from grab hitch..

Same... I found ryde less effective . I have zero ryde so far but many on Grab.

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those on ryde hor, I have a question.

For the trips history, how many it stays there? I wanna delete the trips history but there's no way for me to delete.

Also, those on swiftback, how to delete messages?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.