How to enable all ports in Asus RT-AC5300 (For Singtel Fibre Broadband)

terencenhk

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my setup
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/TerenceNHK/Forum/NHK%20Home%20Cloud%20Public.jpg

I don't really want to install another 1G switch if I just need 1 more LAN port.

Currently I am using "Singtel-Others" the ISP Profile under "LAN > IPTV", everything is working fine, I can access internet, number 1-3 ports are working well except for the LAN port 4.

Understand that LAN port 4 will be reserved for "IPTV STB Port" purpose , but due to I am no longer using IP TV, is there a way I can configure port 4 back to the normal, so that I can use it for other equipment (example: PC).

If I set the "ISP Profile" to "None", will it also remove the VLAN Tagging settings that lead to no internet access?

If I use "Manual Setting" ISP profile, what should I set for the below:?
- Internet VID 10 PRIO 0
- LAN port 4 VID 20 PRIO 4
- LAN port 4 VID 0 PRIO 0

Appreciate if anyone here can assist me on this issue.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Terence

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my setup
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/TerenceNHK/Forum/NHK%20Home%20Cloud%20Public.jpg

I don't really want to install another 1G switch if I just need 1 more LAN port.

Currently I am using "Singtel-Others" the ISP Profile under "LAN > IPTV", everything is working fine, I can access internet, number 1-3 ports are working well except for the LAN port 4.

Understand that LAN port 4 will be reserved for "IPTV STB Port" purpose , but due to I am no longer using IP TV, is there a way I can configure port 4 back to the normal, so that I can use it for other equipment (example: PC).

If I set the "ISP Profile" to "None", will it also remove the VLAN Tagging settings that lead to no internet access?

If I use "Manual Setting" ISP profile, what should I set for the below:?
- Internet VID 10 PRIO 0
- LAN port 4 VID 20 PRIO 4
- LAN port 4 VID 0 PRIO 0

Appreciate if anyone here can assist me on this issue.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Terence

don't use telnet command if you are unsure..

in manual profile, set the following:

Internet ID-10 PRIO 0

Port 3 & 4 ID 0 PRIO 0

if the above doesn't work, leave the value in port 3 and 4 blank then save it. do rmb to do a reboot afterwards

terencenhk

Reaction score
don't use telnet command if you are unsure..

in manual profile, set the following:

Internet ID-10 PRIO 0

Port 3 & 4 ID 0 PRIO 0

if the above doesn't work, leave the value in port 3 and 4 blank then save it. do rmb to do a reboot afterwards

Thanks for efficient fast reply~

I have changed the settings as shown below, doesn't work, error message pop out "Please enter a value between 2 to 4094"
- Internet ID-10 PRIO 0
- Port 4 ID 0 PRIO 0
- Port 3 ID 0 PRIO 0

May I know should I enter "10" or "-10" to the Internet VID field?

So then I set, yes, it allowed me to save, router then rebooting.
- Internet ID 10 PRIO 0
- Port 4 ID "empty" PRIO "empty"
- Port 3 ID "empty" PRIO "empty"

Result:
- Internet is working: as I am working in the office, controlling my router remotely, I can still login after 5 mins router rebooted.
- Port 1 and 2 is working: I have configured IEEE 802.3ad for my NAS, and I can access my NAS remotely.
- Port 3 is working: It is connected with my Apple Time Capsule, and I can access it remotely.
- Port 4, not sure: I will check it out and post the result tonight. :)

Anyway thanks so much, renfred89.

Regards,
Terence

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for efficient fast reply~

I have changed the settings as shown below, doesn't work, error message pop out "Please enter a value between 2 to 4094"
- Internet ID-10 PRIO 0
- Port 4 ID 0 PRIO 0
- Port 3 ID 0 PRIO 0

May I know should I enter "10" or "-10" to the Internet VID field?

So then I set, yes, it allowed me to save, router then rebooting.
- Internet ID 10 PRIO 0
- Port 4 ID "empty" PRIO "empty"
- Port 3 ID "empty" PRIO "empty"

Result:
- Internet is working: as I am working in the office, controlling my router remotely, I can still login after 5 mins router rebooted.
- Port 1 and 2 is working: I have configured IEEE 802.3ad for my NAS, and I can access my NAS remotely.
- Port 3 is working: It is connected with my Apple Time Capsule, and I can access it remotely.
- Port 4, not sure: I will check it out and post the result tonight. :)

Anyway thanks so much, renfred89.

Regards,
Terence

yes just a value 10 will do. there was a period of time when asus firmware doesn't recognise an input of 0, so i'm not sure if it works by entering 0. if its left blank, then if it allows u to save, then its likely to work..

terencenhk

Reaction score
yes just a value 10 will do. there was a period of time when asus firmware doesn't recognise an input of 0, so i'm not sure if it works by entering 0. if its left blank, then if it allows u to save, then its likely to work..

I just received reply from official ASUS support.

They sent me the commands which are exactly same as someone posted in this forum.
nvram set switch_stb_x=0
nvram commit
reboot

I will try it out tonight and post the result.

Thanks guy.

Last edited:

terencenhk

Reaction score
I didn't use the telnet commands but only "empty" the LAN 3 and LAN 4 fields, tested and confirmed.

Work like a charm~ :s13::s13:

siczano

Reaction score
I've been having the same exact problem with my asus RT AC5300. Thank you for the tips terencenhk for fixing this issue. LAN 3 & 4 ports work well on my devices. THANK YOU! :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.