(*High Risk Investing) CFDS Explained - Beginner's Guide To Contracts For Difference in Singapore

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats precisely the point! They still charge if I use 0 leverage!!!
thats why its a lousy ar5e product

avoid all the other brokers. IB gives a very good financing charge for the lowest tier USD balance at 1.871% (long).

it is a lousy product if you are just focusing on the financing part.

if you think the stock can go up more than i/r, your return is still substantial net of all interest charges.

efreelancer

Reaction score
Anyone tried depositing funds to oanda using scb singpost card? Is it consider online purchase?

Quartz

Reaction score
Hi anyone here on IG platform? What is the adviseable funding for account to cover commission charges?

neolaw

Reaction score
Say i short company x today. Tomorrow, company x ex-rights. How does it settle? I pray cash to broker (like dividend)?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Say i short company x today. Tomorrow, company x ex-rights. How does it settle? I pray cash to broker (like dividend)?

deduct from free equity on gap down

neolaw

Reaction score
Is CIMB CFD Regular Trading Hour only ? My order wasn't entertained in post-market matching.

roflolmao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some questions i'm hoping to answer, copy pasting my questions from another thread.

I understand that there are commission charges for each trade that you make and financing costs for the shares when you long and margin calls etc.

what i don't understand are:

1. why do you get a dividend? and why do you get to participate in stock actions? From my understanding if you trade via CFD, You do don't own the stock and are simply trading on the price movement correct?
  2. How does the counterparty make money other than the Commission/Financing charges from overnight/margins calls? Is it enough to pay off their losses?
  3. for e.g you short noble at $1.00 and it goes down to $0.10 in one day, does the broker pay you out? wouldn't they make a huge loss if this occurs? where does the money come from?
  4. Why do they pay you a daily financing fee on your short CFD? it doesn't make sense because technically you're not giving them an asset and they're giving you free money for taking the risk for the short, which you will profit from if it goes south, it looks like needless upside
  5. Does the broker always take the counterparty position? I.e. you sell a CFD (taking a short positon), does the Broker have the choice to accept it? or will it ALWAYS accept the other position?

Thank you, it's so confusing for a newbie investor.

13luetooth

Reaction score
I would like to ask if only CDP accounts can do CFD? Standard chartered trading account which investors holds a custodian account cannot do CFD right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.