[News] Xiaomi’s first notebook is the Mi Notebook Air, a svelte machine with a discrete GPU

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It actually looks great and specs wise is quite decent. Just wondering how it handles the heat.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are already equivalents on the market... the Asus UX305 is equally good, same price... I'm comparing the Asus to the 12.5 inch model.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
waiting for both to reach shore, intend to buy both to play with and do a tear down to see how serviceable the laptop battery, RAM, SSD are.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The prices are unbelievable , need to see the unit screen to know the quality.

If you put the apple logo on the lip, this is the exact copy of MacBook

yosemi

Reaction score
they also have another expansion slot for pcie ssd.

you can run raid =D

jefftan88

Reaction score
There are already equivalents on the market... the Asus UX305 is equally good, same price... I'm comparing the Asus to the 12.5 inch model.

I have the ASUS UX305, while a nice machine only if there is no problem. Less than 3 months, keyboard not working (1 key), now using external key when necessary. Their service and policy just sucks :s22::(. To me, they could not care less about customer... Did not repair my machine till now because I cannot leave my machine with them for the roughly 5 days period for changing the defective part.
Good luck,

wlun228

Reaction score
I have the ASUS UX305, while a nice machine only if there is no problem. Less than 3 months, keyboard not working (1 key), now using external key when necessary. Their service and policy just sucks :s22::(. To me, they could not care less about customer... Did not repair my machine till now because I cannot leave my machine with them for the roughly 5 days period for changing the defective part.
Good luck,

Agreed, since there'll be no local warranty, best to see how's the reliability 1st before bitting the bullet.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Are we in sync here? One talking about Asus. One talking about no local warranty.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Oic. My angmo not so good. It's kinda sad that pre-order limited to 12.5" not fully extended to 13". But that price is ready a killer for MacBook 12.5" since they uses also usb-c power which we can add a 20,000mAh power bank for full long usage a day with high power mode. XM really kills market with their price

yosemi

Reaction score
don mind spending 1k to get the 13inch one to try..
spec looking good too

Ang Moh Dua Ki

Reaction score

Which model are you comparing it with exactly? There's like 4 different "UX305" models but I don't see something that closely matches the announced 12.5 Xiaomi specs.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you watch some of the close up pictures during the launch , it seems to me the workmanship is not very refined on this notebook.

My suggestion is to see the actual unit before commiting a purchase .

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qoo10 has a seller for the 12.2" model. But after looking at a close-up of it in YouTube, it didn't look that slim as expected. And it only has one USB 3 port unlike the 13.3 which has 2.

anyone saw any links up to buy? can't find in q10/taobao yet o.o too early?

f4ll3n

Reaction score
Qoo10 has a seller for the 12.2" model. But after looking at a close-up of it in YouTube, it didn't look that slim as expected. And it only has one USB 3 port unlike the 13.3 which has 2.
I'm OK with the thickness and all but the USB ports :o

2nd august was their China sales date, hopefully somehow SG gets distro..

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.