DBS Visa Debit 5% cashback for contactless payment

ice_angel

Reaction score
I thought shld have since it mention: enjoy 5% cashback when you pay using Visa payWave, through your card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay

hmm.. I thought it means the different ways of paywave: paywave by card, paywave by Apple pay, paywave by Samsung pay, paywave by Android pay. I think DBS is not so generous that any VISA transaction will award 5%... if that is the case, this card beats almost ALL other cards in the market..

arigatoast

Reaction score
I don't understand Why are people even comparing live and this card?

Live has min spending and only for online.

This one is paywave meaning you can tap at mcdonald for a few bucks and still get 5% no min spend. Live cant do this.

Both are useful for completely different situation.

So, why are people comparing again?

bcos they don read the tncs before asking questions.
so they think the cards works the same way

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bcos they don read the tncs before asking questions.
so they think the cards works the same way

You supporting gravityz3r0 when he is the one that don't understand Live Fresh can be used for Paywave and get 5% rebate also?

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think it is valid for SAFRA, this seems to be specifically valid only for THE DBS Visa Debit card:

prod-detail-620x216-dbs-visa-debit-card.jpg

For the withdrawal part as long as you have more than one bank account should be no problem. There's nothing stopping you to transfer $$ from your DBS account to OCBC/UOB and then withdrawing multiple times from their ATMs.

What if I use another card to withdraw more than 3 times from the same bank account as the Visa Debit card?

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the 5% discount reflect immediatiely on the bank account, or must wait till month end?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with no min spend on live fresh?

there is min $700 spending requirement for live fresh, live fresh has 1.2miles/$ also, live fresh also has 5% rebate and 1.2 miles/$ for online spending, live fresh repayment is 1 month later. There are pro and cons so that's the point of the comparison between the two cards.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What if I use another card to withdraw more than 3 times from the same bank account as the Visa Debit card?

cannot. To successfully enjoy Cashback on Contactless Spend transactions, Customer must keep to 3 times or less cash withdrawals at local DBS/POSB ATMs across all his DBS/POSB cards and Qualifying Card as well as at local DBS/POSB branches in the month.

Last edited:

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on the description, yeah, paying by normal VISA (not paywave) won't get 5%.

I thought shld have since it mention: enjoy 5% cashback when you pay using Visa payWave, through your card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay

thats y im confused, cos the TNC did state, NETS/flashpay etc transaction EXCLUDE. but nv say VISA ...

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats y im confused, cos the TNC did state, NETS/flashpay etc transaction EXCLUDE. but nv say VISA ...

This promo is for contactless payment so quite sure payment via chip/ swipe not eligible.

Last edited:

ftft58

Reaction score
This promo is for contactless payment so quite sure payment via physical card not eligible.

yup, to be very safe just use paywave or apple/samsung/android pay.

just applied for the debit card via ibanking. no reason not to get it, anw its free and double up as another atm card.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, to be very safe just use paywave or apple/samsung/android pay.

just applied for the debit card via ibanking. no reason not to get it, anw its free and double up as another atm card.

same reasoning why i applied. haha
just have to remember cant withdraw from dbs anymore.

ftft58

Reaction score
its written on the website:

Cashback earned is capped at S$50 per customer per month for local Visa payWave contactless transactions made with DBS Visa Debit Card only when you do not withdraw more than 3 times at DBS/POSB ATMs across all your DBS/POSB Cards as well as local DBS/POSB branches in the same month. The eligible cashback will be credited to your DBS Visa Debit Card the following month. Purchases are directly deducted from your bank account. There arepotential risks of unauthorised signature-based, contactless or card-not-present transactions. Subject to the DBS Debit Card Agreement, the maximum liability for unauthorised transactions not due to your negligence is S$100. Please allow up to 14 daysto process refunds. DBS Debit Card Agreement terms and conditions apply, which can be found at www.dbs.com.sg/tc.

winguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most important qn
A. Any exclusions so far?
B. Will there be exclusions come 1 jan 2017?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Most important qn
A. Any exclusions so far?
B. Will there be exclusions come 1 jan 2017?

Does not look like there are any exclusions now but no one can tell the future.

I'm guessing should not be. Can't do any funny business with pay wave (that I know of)

DBS Bank

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.