3 of Singapore's Most Popular High-Quality In-Car Camera Brands - BlackVue, iRoad & ThinkWare

ethanyeo

Reaction score
iRoad (by Corvit)

- Flagship Models - T10 & V9 (V7 is the older model)
- Most popular and cheapest hi-end brand.
- Has firmware updates via the air
- Built-in car power management system; previous models had heating and power draining issues.
- 2016 models supposedly uses low-power chips and better heat-management system (haven't seen 2016 reviews yet)
- Excellent Cameras - Sony 2.4 megapixel 1080p (front) / Sony 2.4 megapixel 1080p (rear) [T10 & V9, V7 has a 720p rear camera)
- Widest Viewing Angle
T10: 155-degrees
V9: 142-degrees
V7: 132-degrees
- iRoad models is also known to have wifi interference issues with the cell-phones 4G/3G

Best Features:
+T10 has in-built LCD, convenient feature after parking mode to check on recorded video if an event happened during parking time.

Price:
T10: $470 with installation
V9: $350 + $50 installation
V7: $250 + $50 installation

Wah very detailed research! Thanks for all the info. This really helped a lot.

Do you mind PM me where you got the pricing of the different cameras from? Especially for the iRoad.

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used blackve wifi model for awhile n stopped since
Car batt flat with 2 days if nvr drive
Now I totally stop using n I hv parked my car for 9 days straight without driving but batt still ok

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think ware seems good but it's abit bulky compared to blackvue and itronics...itronics n blackvue best in terms of size and sleekness

bape85

Reaction score
think ware seems good but it's abit bulky compared to blackvue and itronics...itronics n blackvue best in terms of size and sleekness

Theres a reason why blackvue and iroad has overheating issues because of the size and components . components more expensive so is the price . you pay for what you get =)
Thinkware has ambarella A7LA85 chipset + Sony IMX122 sensor. this allows low power consumption, high quality video output. Thinkware at the moment has the highest bitrate amongst the rest .

If looking for price , just go for iroad.
If looking for high quality components and state of the art engineering, then go for thinkware.

Hope this helps =)

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
an accessories shop in jb quited me iroad, 2ch at like 900rm with installation. cant remember its v7 or something. seems like its quite worth it?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
.....$60 worth car camera can do the job liao. got g-sensor, motion sensor all. enough already....

Agreed. Recent Xiaoyi car cam is as good. Can connect via WiFi too. Less then S$90 and easy enough to self install.

joncnobody

Reaction score
an accessories shop in jb quited me iroad, 2ch at like 900rm with installation. cant remember its v7 or something. seems like its quite worth it?

you have to check with them whether the installation include the 24/7 recording one. They will be another step in the installation process for those done in sg and of course it will cost more.

magneto23

Reaction score
Last pricing I saw online was $568 for the Thinkware F750 front and rear camera +installation.

Is this still valid? Anyone know of a reliable installer?

Online reviews seem to point to ZMC Automotive. Appreciate any advice you guys might have.

CuteBeaver

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last pricing I saw online was $568 for the Thinkware F750 front and rear camera +installation.

Is this still valid? Anyone know of a reliable installer?

Online reviews seem to point to ZMC Automotive. Appreciate any advice you guys might have.

nam huat audio at toh guan
they do a lot vag cars there

magneto23

Reaction score
nam huat audio at toh guan
they do a lot vag cars there

Thanks for the introduction. Just called them and they are quoting $658 for the F750 front and rear, including installation.

Seems a bit pricey based on the other quotes on the forum.

magneto23

Reaction score
Got another quote for the Thinkware F750 front and rear. SGD 700 including GST and installation and a 64GB memory card.

Anyone know if the price quote during the recent promotion ($568) includes a memory card?

dazehead

Reaction score
Dear TS, good info. thanks so much. How is your iroad t10 and carecell doing?

new one from Thinkware F770.

chuacheeyang

Reaction score
dashcam with parking mode

HI

Can someone share their experience using dashcam with parking mode for 24/7 ?

I am trying to get a dash cam for my car.Most important is that it can support 24/7 during
parking mode.

It seem that most is using Blackvue, Iroad and Thinkware. It either connect directly to
your car battery or use an external battery.

I see some post that both method is bad for your car battery and it will shorten the
life of your battery to less than 6 month. Is this truth?

Another problem is that your cam running 24/7 will not last more than 1 year?

My friend also advise the cam need to does at least 64G memory because
resolution today is high and it cannot record 24hr with 32G memory.

I am not sure how truth is all the above?

Can someone share their experience what car camera you using for 24/7 parking mode?

This is my first time buying dash cam and not much experience.

Thanks

Ken

dazehead

Reaction score
HI

Can someone share their experience using dashcam with parking mode for 24/7 ?

I am trying to get a dash cam for my car.Most important is that it can support 24/7 during
parking mode.

It seem that most is using Blackvue, Iroad and Thinkware. It either connect directly to
your car battery or use an external battery.

I see some post that both method is bad for your car battery and it will shorten the
life of your battery to less than 6 month. Is this truth?

I'm looking into these as well. Hard to find information and data on this. I have to point out that, if using external battery like Cellink, I think it does not touch the car battery. But to spend $200 to $300 for external battery, I am tempted to just test the limits I am comfortable with and if needed, just change car battery should be same or cheaper?

Any advice on these thoughts very much welcome.

Newbie here too

linzw00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am using v9, before that was using itb. i find that v9 at times can just stop recording even while on movement, no reboot, camera recording as per normal but just cannot find the footage anywhere. happened a few times already. :o

dazehead

Reaction score
i am using v9, before that was using itb. i find that v9 at times can just stop recording even while on movement, no reboot, camera recording as per normal but just cannot find the footage anywhere. happened a few times already. :o

Still warranty? Can try firmware upgrade if really a problem.

linzw00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still warranty? Can try firmware upgrade if really a problem.

ya still under warranty. i think its quite difficult to prove to the vendor my case lei. btw, what's the latest firmware you are having now? i do try to check for updates, my is the latest liao.

seveneleven

Reaction score
I'm looking into these as well. Hard to find information and data on this. I have to point out that, if using external battery like Cellink, I think it does not touch the car battery. But to spend $200 to $300 for external battery, I am tempted to just test the limits I am comfortable with and if needed, just change car battery should be same or cheaper?

Any advice on these thoughts very much welcome.

Newbie here too

i am also thinking of using external battery to connect to parking mode, but i see the speed my phone is being charge up inside my car, i don't think the external battery will be charge up alot unless you drive like 45mins a trip?

Anyone using external battery can share your experience?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.