DBS Visa Debit 5% cashback for contactless payment

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so not need to register or anything, just use the card and can get rebate end of next mth?

not sure why ppl are comparing with online and stuff. isn't this for paywave and hence only limited to places who used that, and only for $100 payment per transaction, and cap at $50 rebate for a spending of 1k per calender month?

pls correct me if i am wrong.

the current cards i had for paywave, in terms of ranking,
1. uob one: 3.3% of 500 + 2.43% of 50k
2. dbs debit card: 5% of any spend
3. uob preferred platinum: 4 miles, but in $5 units

any other better cards for paywave?

Dbs live fresh card 5%+1.2miles/$ min $700
Uob delight 3% min $400
Uob yolo vis apple pay/uob mighty 3% min $600

ice_angel

Reaction score
so not need to register or anything, just use the card and can get rebate end of next mth?

not sure why ppl are comparing with online and stuff. isn't this for paywave and hence only limited to places who used that, and only for $100 payment per transaction, and cap at $50 rebate for a spending of 1k per calender month?

pls correct me if i am wrong.

the current cards i had for paywave, in terms of ranking,
1. uob one: 3.3% of 500 + 2.43% of 50k
2. dbs debit card: 5% of any spend
3. uob preferred platinum: 4 miles, but in $5 units

any other better cards for paywave?
I am shocked by the number of ppl who doesn't know the basic cashback caregory of live fresh.

Live fresh has 5% cashback and 3x points for BOTH online AND paywave. and min 700 spend requirement.

My 2nd post mentioned live fresh is my main online card SO 700 spend is not an issue for me. Therefore for people like me there is no reason to use this dbs debit card. We will just stick to live fresh card since it gets more benefit with paywave...

winstonoyy

Reaction score
Only until 30 Sep. And not everyone wants to be bound by the min 700 criteria. Not an issue for you doesn't mean not an issue for other people. You made your point in an earlier post so there is no need to be shocked.

I am shocked by the number of ppl who doesn't know the basic cashback caregory of live fresh.

Live fresh has 5% cashback and 3x points for BOTH online AND paywave. and min 700 spend requirement.

My 2nd post mentioned live fresh is my main online card SO 700 spend is not an issue for me. Therefore for people like me there is no reason to use this dbs debit card. We will just stick to live fresh card since it gets more benefit with paywave...

ice_angel

Reaction score
Only until 30 Sep. And not everyone wants to be bound by the min 700 criteria. Not an issue for you doesn't mean not an issue for other people. You made your point in an earlier post so there is no need to be shocked.

I made a point in a earlier post but still get people saying don't understand why....

And I am actually perfectly OK if people saying live fresh not good because of the 700 min spend... but people is saying don't understand why I compare online with paywave... that is just not getting the facts straight..

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to confirm, if I use this card for paywave itself (not apple pay), I will still get the 5% rebate?

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is nothing to be shocked of. Never use before of cos not aware. I think the min requirement of 700 may be the reason that some or many not aware of its mechanism.

Anyway like to ask does dbs live fresh have 5% cash back for online grocery, telco, uber and grab?

jentang

Reaction score
Yes for grab, online grocery. Telco if pay directly by singtel and m1 site is counted, not sure abt the rest.

There is nothing to be shocked of. Never use before of cos not aware. I think the min requirement of 700 may be the reason that some or many not aware of its mechanism.

Anyway like to ask does dbs live fresh have 5% cash back for online grocery, telco, uber and grab?

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
is uber payment by apple pay included in this promo?

or must it be a card / phone present paywave/apple pay txn?

feralslash

Reaction score
I think my debit card doesnt have paywave. I got it in 2013. Can i request DBS to send me a new card? Will there be charges?

frustrateddude

Reaction score
My brother went tiong bahru branch to apply and was told to pay $5 for the card:s22:
Of course I told him to apply online

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My brother went tiong bahru branch to apply and was told to pay $5 for the card:s22:
Of course I told him to apply online

I applied online, 31 Jul (Sun). Approved immediately. Some more eligible for the $20 cashback for $100 spend :s12:

now waiting for the card

benlau1

Reaction score
I applied online, 31 Jul (Sun). Approved immediately. Some more eligible for the $20 cashback for $100 spend :s12:

now waiting for the card

I applied on 30 July night...Sat night... How to know if the card was approved immediately ar?

If you use ibank to apply means approved immediately?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I applied on 30 July night...Sat night... How to know if the card was approved immediately ar?

If you use ibank to apply means approved immediately?

Yes, seems like it. U can check your ibank under "Debit Card", you will see a new Debit number.
i also emailed CSO to confirm eligibility.
PS just got cards today ... CFO & mine :)

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes for grab, online grocery. Telco if pay directly by singtel and m1 site is counted, not sure abt the rest.

Yes for all. Telco must pay at the telcoweb site.

sounds gd, but 700 hard to reach, unless can include taxi. need to do some calculation to see if can meet. then wait for new promo after sep see how.

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is uber payment by apple pay included in this promo?

or must it be a card / phone present paywave/apple pay txn?

uber can apple pay? they got the sensor (or watever u call) on their car?

benlau1

Reaction score
Yes, seems like it. U can check your ibank under "Debit Card", you will see a new Debit number.
i also emailed CSO to confirm eligibility.
PS just got cards today ... CFO & mine :)

Good idea... I shall copy you and email to ask if I am eligible also then... =)

benlau1

Reaction score
uber can apple pay? they got the sensor (or watever u call) on their car?

Uber accepts Paypal and Apple Pay in SG.

You can see it under payment in the Uber app..

No need fingerprint authorisation when paying since this is an IN app purchase.

Just have to do some authorisation when you link for the 1st time.. same as when u first link a credit card.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.