LG V20

chiaRH

Reaction score
with the expected release of Samsung Note 7 being Aug, all phablet seekers would probably have gone for the Note by then

racer46maut

Reaction score
Other than the typical spec bumbs my other wishlist for the next V series is weight.. Pls bring it down to something bearable.. Everytime I hold other phones I kinda feel the weight. If they want to use something premium pls use Carbon Fiber and not aluminium.. aluminium is not premium!! it is used for making cheap window frames!

chiaRH

Reaction score
Other than the typical spec bumbs my other wishlist for the next V series is weight.. Pls bring it down to something bearable.. Everytime I hold other phones I kinda feel the weight. If they want to use something premium pls use Carbon Fiber and not aluminium.. aluminium is not premium!! it is used for making cheap window frames!

if you say aluminium is not premium just because it's used to make something mundane and ordinary (like window frame), but isnt that the same for carbon fiber too? Do people look at a aeroplane wing and call it a premium wing just because it is made of carbon fiber

dont forget a product is cheap or expensive not just from the cost of material but also the cost of design, manufacturing and craftmanship.

LG can give you your carbon fiber phone but if they coat it in thick primer again and on the outside it looks plastic, it'll still not be well received.

If heavy weight is a issue dont buy phablets buy a smaller phone made of plastic and not metal.

racer46maut

Reaction score
if you say aluminium is not premium just because it's used to make something mundane and ordinary (like window frame), but isnt that the same for carbon fiber too? Do people look at a aeroplane wing and call it a premium wing just because it is made of carbon fiber

dont forget a product is cheap or expensive not just from the cost of material but also the cost of design, manufacturing and craftmanship.

LG can give you your carbon fiber phone but if they coat it in thick primer again and on the outside it looks plastic, it'll still not be well received.

If heavy weight is a issue dont buy phablets buy a smaller phone made of plastic and not metal.

You must be a one very angry man today..:s13:

If I wanted a smaller phone I would have bought it already.. Or I wouldn't have traded it with my G4.. I said "wishlist" it's my wishful thinking in a world of my own.. I never said must give mah.. Using the V10 for sometime now and my only issue is the weight other than that I'm happy with the BIG phone I have.. I rather have a plastic phone like G3 than a "premium" material that makes the phone heavy..

Again, my "wishlist"... Don't be angry ok.... and no need to talk about aeroplane wings that none of us can afford in 10 lifetime...

chiaRH

Reaction score
You must be a one very angry man today..:s13:

If I wanted a smaller phone I would have bought it already.. Or I wouldn't have traded it with my G4.. I said "wishlist" it's my wishful thinking in a world of my own.. I never said must give mah.. Using the V10 for sometime now and my only issue is the weight other than that I'm happy with the BIG phone I have.. I rather have a plastic phone like G3 than a "premium" material that makes the phone heavy..

Again, my "wishlist"... Don't be angry ok.... and no need to talk about aeroplane wings that none of us can afford in 10 lifetime...

lol why i say aeroplane wings cos u also for no reason come and criticise aluminium saying dunno what window frame material that is not fit to be called 'premium', i mean u dont like the weight is one thing lah, that is personal preference mah, but why need to go and talk down aluminium like its some sort of inferior material to make phone? Theres plenty other materials that are widely used and imo deserve more criticism like glass (fragile)

...honestly the V10's heavy weight isnt even due to aluminium, its metal frame is stainless steel which is a heavier metal hence the weight. A lot of other phablets of same size are 20 to 30 grams lighter.

The steel frame actually helped the V10 become much more durable and was praised by many reviewers, in spite of making the weight heavier.

Moving along, that news leak recently i noticed had quoted the camera as 20MP, still dunno if leak is legit or not but if so, maybe LG is finally using a new camera instead of the same 16MP one in their past 3 flagships (G4 G5 V10), I just hope the sensor size is bigger because such a big megapixel jump could make images noisier if the pixels are small

Last edited:

racer46maut

Reaction score
lol why i say aeroplane wings cos u also for no reason come and criticise aluminium saying dunno what window frame material that is not fit to be called 'premium', i mean u dont like the weight is one thing lah, that is personal preference mah, but why need to go and talk down aluminium like its some sort of inferior material to make phone? Theres plenty other materials that are widely used and imo deserve more criticism like glass (fragile)

...honestly the V10's heavy weight isnt even due to aluminium, its metal frame is stainless steel which is a heavier metal hence the weight. A lot of other phablets of same size are 20 to 30 grams lighter.

The steel frame actually helped the V10 become much more durable and was praised by many reviewers, in spite of making the weight heavier.

Moving along, that news leak recently i noticed had quoted the camera as 20MP, still dunno if leak is legit or not but if so, maybe LG is finally using a new camera instead of the same 16MP one in their past 3 flagships (G4 G5 V10), I just hope the sensor size is bigger because such a big megapixel jump could make images noisier if the pixels are small

Did it mention if it's f1.7?

chiaRH

Reaction score
they didnt mention aperture

anyway pointless to try and engage in an arms race with samsung to see whose aperture can be wider, the main factor is still the sensor and currently only apple and Oneplus phones have smaller camera sensors than LG

having the aperture too wide will also make it much more difficult to shoot macro when only a small part of the object is in focus and anything that is even a few cm away gets depth of field blur

i still have hope for LG camera cos the G4 and V10 proved they have what it takes to be on par with the best, just that for the G5 they got sidetracked by modules and wide angle

Last edited:

racer46maut

Reaction score
THOSE FRIENDS , better include a proper camera grip (can attach to tripod) & battery (Lumia 1020) or even better with actual external optical camera lens - :D

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-lg-launch-v20-smartphone-6th-september-san-francisco

"The invite comes with two taglines: "Play More" and "The second story begins." The "Play More" tagline could hint that the V20 will be compatible with some, if not all the companion devices of the LG G5.."

I want to cry already..:sad:

racer46maut

Reaction score
http://www.slashgear.com/lg-v20-leak-hints-at-a-superpower-with-a-disappointing-screen-01450320/

"One perhaps disappointing aspect of the leak is the screen. The LG V10 sported a 5.7-inch QHD panel, on par with late 2015 flagships. The LG V20? A 5.5-inch Full HD screen instead. It's a bit puzzling that LG would not only downsize but also downgrade such an important component. Hopefully it's just a clerical error or, if correct, LG has something better planned. The panel is at least described to be using in-cell technology, making it thinner than most screens.

"The leak doesn't talk about the things that actually made the new LG V series even interesting. As mentioned, no word on dual front cameras. Not even anything about a second always on display strip. Given how LG might actually be changing the display, there's an off chance it's also changing the whole V formula as well. There is also no indication whether LG will brings its modular design from the LG G5 to the V20."

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Specs-for-the-LG-V20-leak-for-the-first-time_id83734

"Out of Korea tonight, we have the first leak of specs for the V20. The phone is expected to come with a 5.5-inch in-cell screen with a 1080 x 1920 display. The LG V10 launched last year with a 5.7-inch display carrying a 1440 x 2560 resolution. Powering the LG V20 will be a Snapdragon 820 SoC with a quad-core CPU and the Adreno 530 GPU. 3 or 4GB of RAM will be inside. Internal storage will be available in both 32GB and 64GB variants with a 256GB capacity microSD slot available. There is no mention of the secondary screen that we saw on last year's V10."

https://youtu.be/k9k2SJTo-GQ

This day is getting worst..
Looks like LG won't be getting my money for the 2nd time of the year..

Last edited:

falcom2002

Reaction score
V20 or whatever in the future, as long as screen size is
below the G Pro 2, it won't be tempting me to have
one in my pocket.

LG may be trying hard to put the "Play more friend" by backing
up the poor sales of the G5 which has a 5.3" screen and
the poor battery compartment.

racer46maut

Reaction score
V20 or whatever in the future, as long as screen size is
below the G Pro 2, it won't be tempting me to have
one in my pocket.

LG may be trying hard to put the "Play more friend" by backing
up the poor sales of the G5 which has a 5.3" screen and
the poor battery compartment.

A logical step as LG probably have poured fortunes in the R&D and production of the "friends".. I think it's time for me to look elsewhere LG has disappoint me twice this year..:s13:

chiaRH

Reaction score
A logical step as LG probably have poured fortunes in the R&D and production of the "friends".. I think it's time for me to look elsewhere LG has disappoint me twice this year..:s13:

if they are smart they will stop pouring, cos the G5 proved that it's essentially nothing more than pouring money down the drain.

if LG is really that stupid to not realise that the market doesnt like the way they implemented modules and they still try to support the same failed thing, then I think they really deserve to lose more market share.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
if they are smart they will stop pouring, cos the G5 proved that it's essentially nothing more than pouring money down the drain.

if LG is really that stupid to not realise that the market doesnt like the way they implemented modules and they still try to support the same failed thing, then I think they really deserve to lose more market share.

Yup! Concur with your views.

Modules are only useful if they are priced affordably, have wide spread availability and ideally have an open architectural platform for developers to work on or great support for its life cycle.

Hype factor wears off quickly and what's left is still essentially the phone which people would carry around.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.