NTU Electives Thread

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hais dunno which one to take lei for UE

CS8100 into to communication studies (have weekly online test now)
CS8060 into to ads (2 project)

EE8086 astro (1 test)
ES8005 earth science (2 test)

---

looking for MCQs actually

cause CS modules have SAQ etc sia

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hais dunno which one to take lei for UE

CS8100 into to communication studies (have weekly online test now)
CS8060 into to ads (2 project)

EE8086 astro (1 test)
ES8005 earth science (2 test)

---

looking for MCQs actually

cause CS modules have SAQ etc sia

Hmm my experience with Astro (final grade: A)

-2 MCQ test, 1 MCQ final
-first lecturer is pretty good, second one comes off to me as being pretty dry
-content for first half is ok, gets really heavy later on
-yes got question banks available, some say might be outdated, but I think it might help to some degree
-the first lecturer will give some sample questions every week, take pictures, cause I think it might be helpful
-best way to study would be to study consistently (though frankly speaking I crammed the last few chapters)

In the end, it really is YMMV. I got A but my friend ain't so lucky cause it pulled his grades down.

A lot of people say don't take astro, and maybe I will say no too :s13:
But you see what I describe fits you or not... if don't like then don't take ba :s13:

Last edited:

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

-2 MCQ test, 1 MCQ final
-yes got question banks available, some say might be outdated, but I think it might help to some degree
-the first lecturer will give some sample questions every week, take pictures, cause I think it might be helpful
-best way to study would be to study consistently (though frankly speaking I crammed the last few chapters)

In the end, it really is YMMV. I got A but my friend ain't so lucky cause it pulled his grades down.

But you see what I describe fits you or not... if don't like then don't take ba :s13:

Cause every1 say easy ma.. Than end up all go take...bell curve like fug lol

Wolfneck179

Reaction score

-2 MCQ test, 1 MCQ final

Eh psps! I heard Astro they no longer using the qn bank alrd right? Got some ppl say out of the 60 qns finals, less than 10 from qn bank. True or not ah?

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Eh psps! I heard Astro they no longer using the qn bank alrd right? Got some ppl say out of the 60 qns finals, less than 10 from qn bank. True or not ah?

frankly speaking no idea...

I haven't looked through the question bank completely (I only read 3 of the many pdfs, there are just too many to read) so I can't make any conclusion, sorry about that

But yes, I tiagong from a number of people astro no longer using qn bank (though I think in the CA, I kinda spot a few questions that popped up from question bank, which means it kinda helped)

but for Astro, as long as you revise the content, should be fine :o

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can explain Graded AU in more details ah?

Lets say my min Graded AU is 69. However say if I take 72 Graded AU (Meaning I don't utilize my SU), will the extra 3 AU be factored into GPA calculation?

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can explain Graded AU in more details ah?

Lets say my min Graded AU is 69. However say if I take 72 Graded AU (Meaning I don't utilize my SU), will the extra 3 AU be factored into GPA calculation?

Yes, the extra 3 AU will be factored in.

Minimum graded AU is the threshold you need to meet to be able to graduate.

In theory, after reaching 69 graded AU, you can clear everything on exchange on PASS/FAIL basis.

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Changed since 2.5 years ago.

But the question bank is still a good source to test your understanding of subject material.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.