SUSS Law Programme 2017 (Formerly UniSIM)

skydew83

Reaction score
oh! so u graduated already? naise.... does your friend have high hopes?

my friend's interviewers was quite aggressive with him. asking if he is going to overcommit himself if he was selected... a lot of questions was about his community work, arbitration and mediation accreditation

Crazylaw

Reaction score
my friend's interviewers was quite aggressive with him. asking if he is going to overcommit himself if he was selected... a lot of questions was about his community work, arbitration and mediation accreditation

Aiyah your friend applied for the Juris one right? Mine is LLB leh.

skydew83

Reaction score
Aiyah your friend applied for the Juris one right? Mine is LLB leh.

i think is the same because there was no clear distinction on the amount of student admitted to LLB program and the amount admitted to the JD program.

Crazylaw

Reaction score
i think is the same because there was no clear distinction on the amount of student admitted to LLB program and the amount admitted to the JD program.

I meant the questions asked were different. They gave me info rather than bombard me with Qs. Or are they tougher towards guys? Waiting is painful! :(

hazard89

Reaction score
They also asked me why a certain race tend to commit a certain criminal offence. Geez..

Crazylaw

Reaction score
What exactly did they ask you? We're all still waiting for the results I guess there's still hope.

I can’t really recall cos I was feeling damn nervous. Their Qs towards me were generally to see if I have interest in fam law.

skydew83

Reaction score
What exactly did they ask you? We're all still waiting for the results I guess there's still hope.

i believe as long as the results are not out .. there is chance... don't get discourage.

my friend was asked, how do you intend to fund your studies if you are selected? had you taken any tuition grant from the government? so for one moment he got excited... then one of the District Court Judge stated to ask him on his commitment to community law ... etc. why choose community law etc..

he also asked him, after he is called to the bar, what he intend to do.

Crazylaw

Reaction score
i believe as long as the results are not out .. there is chance... don't get discourage.

my friend was asked, how do you intend to fund your studies if you are selected? had you taken any tuition grant from the government? so for one moment he got excited... then one of the District Court Judge stated to ask him on his commitment to community law ... etc. why choose community law etc..

I really wasn't asked any of this. I just kept smiling at them like an idiot. haha, then they asked if I did any community work and I said no cos I didn't think of that and he said "fair enough". My interview time was as short as 5 to 7 mins. I AM A GONER. T_T

hazard89

Reaction score

Yeah I got asked those as well. They also asked for assurance that I'll stick to crim and fam once called.

Let's all hope for good news. Personally I'm not optimistic.

skydew83

Reaction score
Yeah I got asked those as well. They also asked for assurance that I'll stick to crim and fam once called.

why not optimistic ? you are applying for LLB or JD? i do understand that there were different criteria for JD and LLB program.

your LNAT was more than 23 ?

Crazylaw

Reaction score

If they ask u for assurance then u sure will have one leh. Do you do voluntary work?

hazard89

Reaction score
I really wasn't asked any of this. I just kept smiling at them like an idiot. haha, then they asked if I did any community work and I said no cos I didn't think of that and he said "fair enough". My interview time was as short as 5 to 7 mins. I AM A GONER. T_T

Chill chill let's wait and see how ya.

skydew83

Reaction score

chill .. no one knows what they are looking for. so all you can do is to wait. so long as there is no news .. maybe they are really considering .

hazard89

Reaction score
why not optimistic ? you are applying for LLB or JD? i do understand that there were different criteria for JD and LLB program.

your LNAT was more than 23 ?

LLB. My LNAT was 28. I dunno I just felt my lack of community involvement didn't impress them. I'm just gonna type below the breakdown of what happened during my interview.

- the usual "why you?"
- describe the process and papers involved for a simplified divorce and a criminal offence, from interviewing of client up till case conclusion.
- why does a certain race tend to commit a certain offence.
- give us assurance that you will stay in fam and crim practice once called.
- give us your family background.
- tell us about your area of work and your boss' experience.
- tell us about any community work.
- are you willing to take up mandarin if selected.

That's about it I think.

Crazylaw

Reaction score
LLB. My LNAT was 28. I dunno I just felt my lack of community involvement didn't impress them. I'm just gonna type below the breakdown of what happened during my interview.

- the usual "why you?"
- describe the process and papers involved for a simplified divorce and a criminal offence, from interviewing of client up till case conclusion.
- why does a certain race tend to commit a certain offence.
- give us assurance that you will stay in fam and crim practice once called.
- give us your family background.
- tell us about your area of work and your boss' experience.
- tell us about any community work.
- are you willing to take up mandarin if selected.

That's about it I think.

oh ya, whats your area of work?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.