Acer XB271HU

raysusan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i called their customer service and they say they will get back to me after they have verify things on their end. if no actions are taken within 1 week i will lodge a complain

Model name............... XB271HU
Manufacturer............. Acer
Plug and Play ID......... ACR0490
Serial number............ #ASMmpagl2MLd
Manufacture date......... 2015, ISO week 47
Filter driver............ None
-------------------------
EDID revision............ 1.4
Input signal type........ Digital (DisplayPort)
Color bit depth.......... 8 bits per primary color
Color encoding formats... RGB 4:4:4
Screen size.............. 600 x 340 mm (27.2 in)
Power management......... Not supported
Extension blocs.......... 1 (CEA-EXT)
-------------------------
DDC/CI................... Supported
MCCS revison............. 2.2
Display technology....... TFT
Controller............... Unknown
Firmware revision........ 4.95
Firmware flags........... 0x0002FFFF
Active power on time..... 1669 hours
Power consumption........ Not supported
Current frequency........ 222.54kHz, 144.00Hz

that is almost 70 days on without off

wyx03_2002

Reaction score
your die temp so low? mine is 60deg...in aircon room sia.... :s22:
u can google for a tool call moninfo and run on your windows for the monitor details...
Thks bro. Not sure about the die temp. My aircon was not on when I took the picture in the morning ~10am. It could be the monitor was just on for less than 30mins hence the low die temp.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks bro. Not sure about the die temp. My aircon was not on when I took the picture in the morning ~10am. It could be the monitor was just on for less than 30mins hence the low die temp.

interesting.... mine was on for around 1hr... though we both using acer monitor, my model is different from yours - not sure if thats one of the reason..

wyx03_2002

Reaction score
interesting.... mine was on for around 1hr... though we both using acer monitor, my model is different from yours - not sure if thats one of the reason..
Yours is a larger screen which probably run hotter...
My 70" sony LCD TV run hotter than my 40" sony LCD TV too

wyx03_2002

Reaction score
Good for you. Acer didnt gave me any option and just sent me a refurbised. They even claim that my monitor had problem thats why they gave me this. When asked why it was used for over 1000 hours they just said that the data was burned in when updating pf firmware
My monitor has quite a bad blb if view from photo taken by camera. Not obvious if view by naked eye though. I can live with this rather than changing to another one with dead pixel. I don't play games with room light off anyway :)

All settings in factory default, except Brightness=28 ; Contrast=50 ; Refresh=144 ; RGB=98/100/95

Front:
29181887776_135515505a_m.jpg

Top:
29181888516_2cc1c82a09_m.jpg

Right:
29181889756_420c4f59cb_m.jpg

Left:
29181886806_0ea793dbc8_m.jpg

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
i sent the monitor for updating of firmware on tues and they returned the monitor today. but when i checked it it was the new firmware however they said there was a problem with my brand new monitor and gave me a used monitor as a replacement. i checked it using moninfo and the app said it has been used for 1667 hours

Wow. If I get yours, I'll be more than happy. Mine has over 3388 hours since I last bought it in late December of last year. :s13:
What are the chances that my monitor's serial number has my nickname in the way that it is supposed to be displayed. "ASN" :s12:

b8yonuYl.jpg

lohzongyuan

Reaction score
Wow. If I get yours, I'll be more than happy. Mine has over 3388 hours since I last bought it in late December of last year. :s13:
What are the chances that my monitor's serial number has my nickname in the way that it is supposed to be displayed. "ASN" :s12:

but the problem is that i was not told that i will get a refurbised set and was only told that my monitor will get a firmware update only. and then when i asked the engineer which sent the monitor to my place why has he given me a used monitor with 1600+ hours he avoided the question and said that time was burned in when updating of firmware. i rather stick with my brand new monitor which has only been utilize for a few hours then get another one with BLB visible.... i might as well buy a refurbised monitor instead of buying new and get a old one after that.

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score

but the problem is that i was not told that i will get a refurbised set and was only told that my monitor will get a firmware update only. and then when i asked the engineer which sent the monitor to my place why has he given me a used monitor with 1600+ hours he avoided the question and said that time was burned in when updating of firmware. i rather stick with my brand new monitor which has only been utilize for a few hours then get another one with BLB visible.... i might as well buy a refurbised monitor instead of buying new and get a old one after that.

But how come u wanna send in your new monitor for a firmware upgrade? Got issue with it b4 the update?

wyx03_2002

Reaction score
Wonder if report this to CASE will help?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score

True. My monitor's BLB is kept to a minimal and there are no dead pixels. Am not interested in getting a refurbished unit and risking it having a lot of problems.
Mine is not only split screen but the screen shifting downwards and the screen below being seen at the top too.

wyx03_2002

Reaction score
Checked the die temp again after keeping the monitor on for more than an hour, it shows 65C. In non-aircon room.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Checked the die temp again after keeping the monitor on for more than an hour, it shows 65C. In non-aircon room.

Thanks for checking bro... then I reckon the operating temperature for these Acer predator monitors are around the same...throughout.

moodless

Reaction score
Xb271hu going 1149 at qoo now from gamepro.. with 100 off and shop coupon worth to hoot for whoever is interested :D

If not can wait till comex :D

Last edited:

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
Xb271hu going 1149 at qoo now from gamepro.. with 100 off and shop coupon worth to hoot for whoever is interested :D

If not can wait till comex :D

The shop coupon is only $1 off..or am I missing some option?

Thinking of getting the bigger brother x34

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.