[Official] EDMW Cat Owners Thread~ - Part 3

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys which pet shops in singapore sells a variety of cats...? i realised there are very few pet shops and farms that sells cats.. or maybe i havent look enough...

also why are cats in singspore so expensive... more expensive than dogs... some can go for as high as 3000, 4000 or even more...

anyway i love scottish fold... any pet shops selling..? wanna go see see look look...

PLS pls adopt. There are many kitties awaiting earnestly for a forever loving home. Thank you very much!

ChoiSeungHyun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
meowmeow notti :s34:

yR8qh9A.jpg

Parr0t

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Does anyone own a litter robot 2 (automated cat litter)?
I had a problem with mine for the past few weeks. The machine started blinking red light after I washed the machine. I have been trying to adjust the sensor but the machine can't seem to spin by itself.

Now I have to manually scoop the cat poop.
Does anyone know how to fix it? Please help!

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
^sorry never use that before but I have seen this at Mutts n Mittens. You can try google for troubleshooting of the litter robot, may help.

skarfy

Reaction score
not sure if u know, but u know the bus interchange after u cross over 1st bridge from jb checkpoint got this booth there and many taxis, then u go to the booth and tell them the area u are going. they will give u the price and then assign a driver to you.
u have to give the exact address, not just the globalpets name, normally they dunno globalpets but they will know the area, so u must give the exact address.

Nearby there is all those shop houses got a few restaurant and stuff but i would say nothing much ba. and getting taxi back is quite troublesome. so i suggest u go city square walkwalk first buy wad u want,then u go globalpets buy the pet food then take taxi directly to checkpoint n go home from there, otherwise u lug cat food around can die haha dam heavy!

Ok good thats exactly the route i went altho i asked to go aeon permas instead. Taxi costs RM22.4. Then walk2 aeon then go global pets. Walk pass pasar malam! Very good, a lot of stuff. Then finally reach globalpets. Cat food option not a lot but prices :eek: the savings is good and good got with the vet, able to stock up on drontal tabs :D

Decided to try blackwood, hmm....

Last edited:

luloos

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok good thats exactly the route i went altho i asked to go aeon permas instead. Taxi costs RM22.4. Then walk2 aeon then go global pets. Walk pass pasar malam! Very good, a lot of stuff. Then finally reach globalpets. Cat food option not a lot but prices :eek: the savings is good and good got with the vet, able to stock up on drontal tabs :D

Decided to try blackwood, hmm....

actually blackwood is not a good brand. they use a lot of grain which cats cannot digest. :eek:

skarfy

Reaction score
actually blackwood is not a good brand. they use a lot of grain which cats cannot digest. :eek:

:( Thats what i saw too when I bought it but I remembered reading those recommended food list and blackwood was in it so decided to just try

xtornado

Reaction score
Hi guys..juz wanna chk. Is it possible to bring our cats across the causeway and vice versa? Will there be any issue at the checkpoints? TIA.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks but this comm cat had a great life outside. Ruled the schoolyard where every night there were cat fights. She was always the winner.

So, sad news. We had to put her down. Her core temp was dropping, dehydrated, kidneys shot (did a blood test), and she was unresponsive. Vet said we could take her home but would probably not last the weekend. :(

We decided to do it then and there. :(

Sad to hear about the cat.

Similar case at my area. 25th July I saw one cat reappeared after she was missing for a week. Her body was cold and she was breathing very heavily. Brought her to vet. Her body temp was only 32 deg celcius. Extremely low white blood cells and red blood cells. She was like losing blood and had kidney n liver failure. She was very cold and breathless. X-ray revealed that she had so much liquid in her lungs. Almost a litre drained out from both her lungs. I admitted her. But 1 hour later the vet called to say that she passed away.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..juz wanna chk. Is it possible to bring our cats across the causeway and vice versa? Will there be any issue at the checkpoints? TIA.

Too many issues to go into but short answer is no, you cannot just bring cats back and forth.

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
Today (or was it yesterday?) is Grey Grey's "头七“ (7th day after he passed on), so went to the mkt to buy flowers for him.

On my way back saw this poor kitty walking slowly looking for food, so I followed behind until she reached a staircase and started sneezing. She sneezed out a long thick slightly greenish or yellowish mucus then she licked it and swallowed it... Ewwww...

Reckoned the kitty is having flu, I dare not touched her as I am afraid I may bring home the virus and infect my kitties. Quickly watsapp the auntie feeder to see if she knows who is the feeder at the area, and she told me is an old malay auntie. I know I have got to do something as I reckon the old malay auntie will not be able to bring the kitty to the vet anyway, I couldn't leave her like that.

Placed the flowers at Grey Grey's resting place and told him abt this poor kitty,went home took my breakfast and then armed with a carrier and rubber glove, went to trap the kitty. Brought the kitty to my mum's place while waiting for my SO to pick us up to go to the vet.

Was glad that we are able to bring the sick kitty to the vet when her condition is still mild this time round. Hospitalised her for 2 weeks and will release her back when she is fully recovered. We lost Grey Grey a week ago but we saved another today.

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GXGX part 3 liaos..

anyway i read from edmw(newspaper screenshot) that bishan got 11 missing cats. :(:(

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/%5Bgpgt%5D-11-bishan-stray-cats-missing-5448933.html

i used to live around there and know some of the cats in that area..
i have a favourite one, where i always bring her some food when i go over to the prata shop for supper.

let me see if i have pictures of her somewhere when i get home later..

found some pics on my phone. i hope she is fine. young little girl.

lqeUS00.jpg

s6OhGJo.jpg

lVDkTyN.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.