LG V20

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LGV20-AA-exclusive-render-3-840x840.jpg

looks pretty sleek wor....

Drop the module and secondary screen. Its not helping at all. Keep it simple like the gpro 2 and g4 which were both great.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Cqpzw0NVUAA_mIT.jpg

LG AND B&O PLAY COLLABORATE TO BRING
PREMIUM AUDIO EXPERIENCE TO V20 Renowned Acoustic Performance of B&O with Advanced
Smartphone Technology of LG for a Winning Audio Experience

SEOUL, Aug. 24, 2016 ― LG Electronics (LG) revealed today that its upcoming LG V20 smartphone will feature best-in-class audio functions developed in partnership with B&O PLAY. B&O PLAY is a premium audio company making portable audio products and headphones, firmly grounded in 90 years of audio and design excellence, craftsmanship and product innovation from Bang & Olufsen.

LG and B&O PLAY worked closely together to bring the best sound to users by optimizing the audio capabilities of the V20 smartphone. Acoustic engineers collaborated to achieve B&O Play’s philosophy of delivering a natural and balanced sound in a portable package. To enhance the total experience, the V20 set will include a special pair of B&O PLAY earphones and a set of wallpapers designed for V20 which includes the official logo of B&O PLAY, as a certification of B&O PLAY premium audio.

“The collaboration with LG provides a wonderful opportunity to showcase B&O PLAY’s expertise in terms of audio technology, design excellence and user-centered philosophy,” said Henrik Taudorf Lorensen, president of B&O PLAY. “With the new LG V series smartphone, users will experience a new premium sound experience that they have never heard before.”

“I’m pleased about our close partnership with B&O PLAY which started earlier this year with Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY and continues today with the V20,” said Juno Cho, president of LG Electronics and Mobile Communications Company. “A growing number of consumers expect a better audio experience from their smartphones than what has been available in the past and I’m confident that the V20 delivers on these expectations.”

LG-V20-2.jpg

LG-V20-4.jpg

LG-V20-3.jpg

Last edited:

racer46maut

Reaction score
Cqpzw0NVUAA_mIT.jpg

LG AND B&O PLAY COLLABORATE TO BRING
PREMIUM AUDIO EXPERIENCE TO V20 Renowned Acoustic Performance of B&O with Advanced
Smartphone Technology of LG for a Winning Audio Experience

SEOUL, Aug. 24, 2016 ― LG Electronics (LG) revealed today that its upcoming LG V20 smartphone will feature best-in-class audio functions developed in partnership with B&O PLAY. B&O PLAY is a premium audio company making portable audio products and headphones, firmly grounded in 90 years of audio and design excellence, craftsmanship and product innovation from Bang & Olufsen.

LG and B&O PLAY worked closely together to bring the best sound to users by optimizing the audio capabilities of the V20 smartphone. Acoustic engineers collaborated to achieve B&O Play’s philosophy of delivering a natural and balanced sound in a portable package. To enhance the total experience, the V20 set will include a special pair of B&O PLAY earphones and a set of wallpapers designed for V20 which includes the official logo of B&O PLAY, as a certification of B&O PLAY premium audio.

“The collaboration with LG provides a wonderful opportunity to showcase B&O PLAY’s expertise in terms of audio technology, design excellence and user-centered philosophy,” said Henrik Taudorf Lorensen, president of B&O PLAY. “With the new LG V series smartphone, users will experience a new premium sound experience that they have never heard before.”

“I’m pleased about our close partnership with B&O PLAY which started earlier this year with Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY and continues today with the V20,” said Juno Cho, president of LG Electronics and Mobile Communications Company. “A growing number of consumers expect a better audio experience from their smartphones than what has been available in the past and I’m confident that the V20 delivers on these expectations.”

LG-V20-2.jpg

LG-V20-4.jpg

LG-V20-3.jpg

I think this is the only phone in the market with Dual screen, Dual Front Camera & Dual Rear Camera. Which I personally find none is useful..

LG can use 1 wide angle camera on both front and back and use software trickery to adjust the field of view.. And the 2nd screen till today of my daily usage of the V10 I only use it to view date & time. The notification feature which it is supposed to push to the 2nd screen doesn't work on all apps..

Have to say LG is becoming from practical to gimmicky.. I have yet to use a G5 and I don't know how is the modular design is giving an advantage over the other brands.. Again in my opinion is another gimmick.

Trying too hard to be different has it's price and LG is paying a hefty price for it sadly.

My V10 already start to show signs of the bootloop, restarting itself atleast twice a day, if the phone doesn't hold up I think I might be switching to other brands since new LG phones doesn't come with the volume buttons on the back, I don't see a reason to stick to an LG anymore. And the way LG handle the bootloop issue is terrible, it took me twice to replace the motherboard on my G4 and till today still giving problems restarting now and then on a daily basis. Worst was I sold it to my colleague, everyday KBKB complaining abt the phone restarting itself..

Might take me some time to adjust myself to the side volume buttons and without double tap to wake if I change to other manufacturers.

Damn.. gonna miss those features..:(

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Might take me some time to adjust myself to the side volume buttons and without double tap to wake if I change to other manufacturers.

The only feature that you gonna miss will be the rear volume buttons. Even Asus zenfone 3 has also changed from rear to side vol buttons. Double tap to wake/sleep feature is quite common, especially with CM based ROMs. And with FP/iris scanner, this feature become a bit redundant, which of course will depend on own usage pattern.

Last edited:

falcom2002

Reaction score
I think this is the only phone in the market with Dual screen, Dual Front Camera & Dual Rear Camera. Which I personally find none is useful..

LG can use 1 wide angle camera on both front and back and use software trickery to adjust the field of view.. And the 2nd screen till today of my daily usage of the V10 I only use it to view date & time. The notification feature which it is supposed to push to the 2nd screen doesn't work on all apps..

Have to say LG is becoming from practical to gimmicky.. I have yet to use a G5 and I don't know how is the modular design is giving an advantage over the other brands.. Again in my opinion is another gimmick.

Trying too hard to be different has it's price and LG is paying a hefty price for it sadly.

My V10 already start to show signs of the bootloop, restarting itself atleast twice a day, if the phone doesn't hold up I think I might be switching to other brands since new LG phones doesn't come with the volume buttons on the back, I don't see a reason to stick to an LG anymore. And the way LG handle the bootloop issue is terrible, it took me twice to replace the motherboard on my G4 and till today still giving problems restarting now and then on a daily basis. Worst was I sold it to my colleague, everyday KBKB complaining abt the phone restarting itself..

LG as we already observed, dare to take risk.

"Trying too hard to be different has it's price and
LG is paying a hefty price for it sadly."

Perhaps all the innovative ideas are not working right
now among the consumers.

LG must take our feedbacks seriously and look into
what the customers want instead of showing off that
they are different. Of course we know they have
the willingness to take the blow with less sales.

We want at least 5.7" or bigger screen with at least
4GB Ram on the SD820 or faster.

Speed is very important and more Ram to boost
up multi-tasking with removable battery. :s22:

racer46maut

Reaction score
The only feature that you gonna miss will be the rear volume buttons. Even Asus zenfone 3 has also changed from rear to side vol buttons. Double tap to wake/sleep feature is quite common, especially with CM based ROMs. And with FP/iris scanner, this feature become a bit redundant, which of course will depend on own usage pattern.
Very true, using someone else's phone for few minutes already made me want to go back to my phone.:s13:

LG as we already observed, dare to take risk.

"Trying too hard to be different has it's price and
LG is paying a hefty price for it sadly."

Perhaps all the innovative ideas are not working right
now among the consumers.

LG must take our feedbacks seriously and look into
what the customers want instead of showing off that
they are different. Of course we know they have
the willingness to take the blow with less sales.

We want at least 5.7" or bigger screen with at least
4GB Ram on the SD820 or faster.

Speed is very important and more Ram to boost
up multi-tasking with removable battery. :s22:

I respect LG for doing so, such as putting the on/off buttons and volume buttons on the back they were a laughing stock at the time but look now, almost every manufacturers are starting to put their fingerprint sensor on the back with some it doubles as an on/off button. It only shows LG got it right back then..

But, back then they were focus on being practical such as volume and on/off buttons buttons on the back, the flexibility to change recent tab and back button to left or right, wide angle front camera on the V10, SD card slot, user removable battery,etc. Now it's more of being a gimmick, it's like they are more focused on getting good reviews from Youtube Tech reviewers whom use a phone no more than 2 weeks and they forget about the people who pays real money to buy their products. For now, the only phone I can see that is within LG's previous design language is ZTE Axon 7.. Looks very familiar like the LG G3 that I used to love so much. It has every thing I had wished for on the LG G5, a G3 design language, amoled screen,front facing speakers and the latest specs. If only the volume buttons are on the back it would make the "perfect" LG replacement phone for me.

My current V10 is ticking bootloop time bomb, if it does happens I don't see a reason not to switch to other brands.

chiaRH

Reaction score
For now, the only phone I can see that is within LG's previous design language is ZTE Axon 7.. Looks very familiar like the LG G3 that I used to love so much. It has every thing I had wished for on the LG G5, a G3 design language, amoled screen,front facing speakers and the latest specs. If only the volume buttons are on the back it would make the "perfect" LG replacement phone for me.

haha i thought the axon 7 was more of a HTC classic design, I mean... front speakers, that familiar antenna bands and metal body...

i would actually love using the axon 7 as a future replacement to my G4 but its camera isnt that good for low light and the nav buttons being so near each other is a usability hassle (seriously once you have used one of those phones that are good for low light, like the S7 or G4/G5 you will be spoiled for choice in future)

I think whatever design language LG used to have with the G2 till V10 has already ended, this year they seem to be kind of in a transition stage to a bold new design (like 2015 Samsung) except the G5 was already 1 round of flop and still dont know if the V20 can save LG yet but im not too optimistic.

The V20 actually now does feel like its selling to the same people the Axon 7 is targeting: those audio enthusiasts who can really appreciate that DAC and amp within.

Last edited:

racer46maut

Reaction score
haha i thought the axon 7 was more of a HTC classic design, I mean... front speakers, that familiar antenna bands and metal body...

i would actually love using the axon 7 as a future replacement to my G4 but its camera isnt that good for low light and the nav buttons being so near each other is a usability hassle (seriously once you have used one of those phones that are good for low light, like the S7 or G4/G5 you will be spoiled for choice in future)

I think whatever design language LG used to have with the G2 till V10 has already ended, this year they seem to be kind of in a transition stage to a bold new design (like 2015 Samsung) except the G5 was already 1 round of flop and still dont know if the V20 can save LG yet but im not too optimistic.

The V20 actually now does feel like its selling to the same people the Axon 7 is targeting: those audio enthusiasts who can really appreciate that DAC and amp within.

I agree with you.. As mentioned the axon 7 is what the G5 I expected it to be which never came..Camerawise I agree with you, ever since using the G4 it's hard not to notice bad pictures taken from other phones.

chiaRH

Reaction score
I agree with you.. As mentioned the axon 7 is what the G5 I expected it to be which never came..Camerawise I agree with you, ever since using the G4 it's hard not to notice bad pictures taken from other phones.

to be fair i feel like the G4 (and even the G5 in some cases) does have its camera shortcomings, notably the lens quality and the chroma noise in low light, even when the ISO isnt that high (100-400)

The chroma noise in particular can make the G4 camera sometimes noisier for indoor shots compared to other phones, even non flagship ones.

But I would say the G4/G5 probably has the best stock camera app for manual mode.

teruanse

Reaction score
yesterday was at my telco at tampines and was told that V20 may not even be coming to singapore after all. V10 coming here was only a last minute decision. anyone can confirm?

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yesterday was at my telco at tampines and was told that V20 may not even be coming to singapore after all. V10 coming here was only a last minute decision. anyone can confirm?
V10 is popular in local as alot early adopters brought in from oversea. Suspect LG take this opportunity to sell locally.

Hope V20 continues V10 solid built and it's excellent user experience.

Sent from OnePlus 3 using GAGT

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score

The LG staff or Telco staff probably got their info from here as well.. :s13:
Last year when I got my v10 from Korea, similar news is not coming SG. 4 months later the phone come... :s22:

chiaRH

Reaction score
The LG staff or Telco staff probably got their info from here as well.. :s13:
Last year when I got my v10 from Korea, similar news is not coming SG. 4 months later the phone come... :s22:

yea they are pretty blur over here

this year the G5's initial launch didnt inclue SG and when it was finally confirmed launch, the guys didnt even give a specific date (they gave a month, and that's all we got). The G5 had a media-invite-only launch event at universal studios which nobody in the general public even knew took place (compare with the Samsung S7 launch at vivo which was very public)

Rickosw

Reaction score
1 more day

apparently LG V20 - dun like "FRIENDS" :vijayadmin:

well, we shall know 2molo

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should be more than that considering to the day our telco starts selling.
It's alright. Just nice I got to exchange my time bomb 7, sell it then get V20. I missed removable battery! I remembered my note 4 battery up lorry, I easily get one to replace and until now song song gao jurong.

teruanse

Reaction score
i think removable battery will be a thing of the past soon as most modern phones now comes with non-removable ones.

It's alright. Just nice I got to exchange my time bomb 7, sell it then get V20. I missed removable battery! I remembered my note 4 battery up lorry, I easily get one to replace and until now song song gao jurong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.