Sony Xperia XA Ultra

mcylo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Didn't see any thread on it. Any user review etc? Thinking of upgrading this from my Samsung note 2 since it foc base on my StarHub plan.

Was thinking of z5p but that will cost abt $250. Not sure if it's worth the premium over XA ultra.

omelet

Reaction score
What i think of the XA ultra so far...comparing with my Z3+

The good:
Big and bright beautiful edge to edge display, it may just be 1080p but it has very good black level and neutral colour though a little on the cold side....the display can be soo bright that it is completely legible even under direct sunlight.

Phone performed quite smoothly despite using a mediatek CPU

The front camera was very good, it has both OIS and LED flash. The colour reproduction and sharpness was so good you can literally see your skin pores/pimples so becareful...:s13:

Back camera was well, with good colour and exposure thought i feel it isn't sharp.

The speaker was plenty loud, so loud that the people in my surrounding and myself was often shocked by it.

The phone was surprisingly cool, no sign of heating up most of the time even when charging...the only time it became hot was when I was in the hot sun playing Pokemon Go for more than 30 min:s13:

The bad:
Battery life was average, similar to any other smart phone out there...

Pretty bare-bone OS, many Sony features are not included, like PS4 remote play, dualshock 4 support, Smart connect...etc are not included.

GPU performance may not be good, many games may flag it as low end and refuse to let you choose higher graphic settings/ or simply refuse to run.

Loud speaker despite very loud, sounds sharp and tin. Not very good for music playback, if you are coming from a phone with dual front firing stereo speakers and play music game...you may not like it as you can easily block the speaker as well.

Video recording does not let you choose 1080p 60fps :( only 30fps

It also lack water resistant and fingerprint reader if you are comparing to Z5P

My conclusion is that it is a solid midrange phone. The focus on this phone seem to be on the display, OS optimization and camera.

Wessleh

Reaction score
Hmm started using it since yesterday. Battery life is surprising for me though. For a relatively small batt of 2700 for a 6-inch phone, it can give you more than 4 hours of SOT on pure 4G!

Yep, the display is big and bright, and the camera is fantastic too, only that sometimes the shutter speed isn't as fast as it usually is.

Pretty happy with the phone though, no complaints.

Samurai Blues

Reaction score
will like to read more comments over the next few days. Esp on the rear cam and batt life.

Was really contemplating this this but the midget battery capacity and the non OIS rear camera turned me off.

I am a Sony ***** but their products of late have been steadily making my potential betrayal to Samsung very easily. At least the A9 has a 5000mah batt and OIS.....

k6466k

Reaction score
Any accessories for this Xperia XA Ultra?

Just got this phone yesterday. Went round Sim lim sq cannot find a single accessory on this. Get Sony original accessory?:s22:

omelet

Reaction score
Just got this phone yesterday. Went round Sim lim sq cannot find a single accessory on this. Get Sony original accessory?:s22:

Well, what kind of accessory are you looking for? Did yours came with the clear transparent case? Sony Stores do have some non-Sony case if that's what you are looking for...

Crexzz

Master Member
Reaction score

Been searching on qoo10 and there's this seller that sells a decent selection of accessories Xperia devices including full cover tempered glass protector. Not sure about the quality though, order just placed and have yet receive the items

try searching revelion on qoo10

on a side note, anyone know of any place selling film type matt screen protector that covers the whole screen?

All along been against the idea of using glass to cover glass,which doesn't make any sense to me :s22:

still prefer PET film type that's matt, non-refelctive and smudge proof

mcylo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used glass sp for my note 2. It protected my screen when I dropped it. The glass sp broke instead.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how much was it?

i didnt realised it was being sold here already

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been searching on qoo10 and there's this seller that sells a decent selection of accessories Xperia devices including full cover tempered glass protector. Not sure about the quality though, order just placed and have yet receive the items

try searching revelion on qoo10

on a side note, anyone know of any place selling film type matt screen protector that covers the whole screen?

All along been against the idea of using glass to cover glass,which doesn't make any sense to me :s22:

still prefer PET film type that's matt, non-refelctive and smudge proof

its not my shopp, not advertising...

http://list.qoo10.sg/s/SONY-XA?keyword=sony+xa&keyword_auto_change=

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SONY-NEW-STOCKS-IN-SG-SONY-XPERIA-X-XA-XA-ULTRA-Z5-Z5-PREMIUM-Z3/415177270

jelly casings...
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SONY-XPERIA-L-SP-V-X-XA-ULTRA-SCREEN-PROTECTORS-CASES/411004464

silcosilva

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is dual sim, same as for my XA...

So guessed only dual sim versions sold here...

But then, yet to test the 2nd sim slot... Anybody used/using it, does the 2nd sim slot support LTE as well..?

mcylo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The handle of my dual Sim tray broke :( after I force it out when I insert it the wrong way :(

Crexzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope

10char

Mine is dual sim, same as for my XA...

So guessed only dual sim versions sold here...

But then, yet to test the 2nd sim slot... Anybody used/using it, does the 2nd sim slot support LTE as well..?

mcylo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Called up Sony helpline. $10.70 available at 313 Somerset

Ludwig

Reaction score
Hi, does this phone comes with LED notification lights? ie, charging & sms light indicator when screen is off.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, does this phone comes with LED notification lights? ie, charging & sms light indicator when screen is off.

Yes, all Xperia smartphones come with the LED notification. =:p

You may not notice its existence as it is flush in with the front face plate of the phone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.