OCBC Credit Cards Annual Fee waiver (Ridiculous)

BlessRK

Reaction score
OCBC Credit Cards SUCK

OCBC is really the worst local Singapore bank ever.
They tried to attract customers over from other banks, but have the worst customer service among the 3 top local banks (i.e. DBS, UOB & ...),
Reading from all the -ve feedback from the forum, all should know how rigid and arrogant OCBC bank is.
They can keep their credit cards to themselves.... get their staff to sign all the credit cards as i think only the staff get free waiver.
I've my 365 OCBC since 2014 and have been clocking in on average of 600 - 1000 spending (it's spending hor not even on insurance payment transactions), and I'm just being charged 192 this month for annual fees. Called the customer service and after about 10 days, a stupid automated reply saying that I don't meet the spending requirements and ask me to promptly make payment to avoid late charges. It's really bloody sucking bank man.
Called the hotline and finally managed to speak to some staff after 20-30 mins waiting time and was told that the spending limit is 10K.... mind you guys out there..... 10 K hor..... why because I've hit the 5K annual spending. So their review is to ensure you fail to meet their ceiling..... IT IS NEVER going to be in favour of the customer. I'm sure if my spending is 10K, they will still ask me to pay for the annual fee as after reviewing they will tell me the card requires 15K spending.....
Judge for yourself what type of bank .... GOOD luck guys if you choose OCBC.
I have another UOB card, hardly use the card for merchant but sign for recurring insurance payment which comes to about 600 on average monthly, NEVER need to call for annual fees waive. Auto waive by bank and if you hold the ONE card with ONE account, they pay almost same interest rate as OCBC upto 50K, sweet, less problem.
If OCBC so unwilling to absorb the annual fee, please stop offering credit card. That stupid 365 card is not even a platinum or what GOLD member with no privilege except 6% rebate on dining, require spending of 10K, must be a joke man.... calculate yourself how much rebate you can earn with $100 spend on food .... is it worth paying that stupid $192 annual fees?
OCBC you can have your stupid 365 back .... keep safe in your shelves and let it rot.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
They tried to attract customers over from other banks, but have the worst customer service among the 3 top local banks (i.e. DBS, UOB & ...),
Reading from all the -ve feedback from the forum, all should know how rigid and arrogant OCBC bank is.
They can keep their credit cards to themselves.... get their staff to sign all the credit cards as i think only the staff get free waiver.
I've my 365 OCBC since 2014 and have been clocking in on average of 600 - 1000 spending (it's spending hor not even on insurance payment transactions), and I'm just being charged 192 this month for annual fees. Called the customer service and after about 10 days, a stupid automated reply saying that I don't meet the spending requirements and ask me to promptly make payment to avoid late charges. It's really bloody sucking bank man.
Called the hotline and finally managed to speak to some staff after 20-30 mins waiting time and was told that the spending limit is 10K.... mind you guys out there..... 10 K hor..... why because I've hit the 5K annual spending. So their review is to ensure you fail to meet their ceiling..... IT IS NEVER going to be in favour of the customer. I'm sure if my spending is 10K, they will still ask me to pay for the annual fee as after reviewing they will tell me the card requires 15K spending.....
I have another UOB card, hardly use the card for merchant but sign for recurring insurance payment which comes to about 600 on average monthly, NEVER need to call for annual fees waive. Auto waive by bank and if you hold the ONE card with ONE account, they pay almost same interest rate as OCBC upto 50K, sweet, less problem.
If OCBC so unwilling to absorb the annual fee, please stop offering credit card. That stupid 365 card is not even a platinum or what GOLD member with no privilege except 6% rebate on dining, require spending of 10K, must be a joke man.... calculate yourself how much rebate you can earn with $100 spend on food .... is it worth paying that stupid $192 annual fees?
OCBC you can have your stupid 365 back .... keep safe in your shelves and let it rot.

Hi BlessRK,

We are sorry to learn that your waiver requests was unsuccessful.

With effect from 1 June 2016, the bank has revised the minimum spend requirement for automatic waivers of Annual Fee for the 365 card to $10,000. This information is available on our website.

We could help you to put up an appeal, but do note that it will still be subject to review and approval.

If you would like to proceed with the appeal, do drop us a PM with your contact details.

^DG

TnT1

Reaction score
wah after reading, guess i also want to cancel my 365 card before my annual fees kick in

mcylo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah......$10000 per year. But the rebates are pathetic.

Very funny concept bank. When I call in to ask for waiver just 6 months ago, they refused. So I cancelled my card. Then 2 months later sent me another pre approved card :p lol

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah......$10000 per year. But the rebates are pathetic.

Very funny concept bank. When I call in to ask for waiver just 6 months ago, they refused. So I cancelled my card. Then 2 months later sent me another pre approved card :p lol

Lol. They seem to like wasting time and effort to process the card cancellation and approval, hoping to earn annual fee from a few customers but cause unhappiness to lots more customers. Not forgetting their card benefits are no longer attractive.

bbbbbw

Reaction score
Just cancel their cards.
Their rewards and privileges suck
Customer service like **** so long to speak to cso
Pay what annual fee
Not worth it

Suleyman

Reaction score
If it wasn't for 360 account, I wouldn't bother with their credit cards.

Now that I have moved to BOC Smartsaver, bye bye OCBC credit cards!

SpringCleaner

Reaction score

I ran into the same issue as you. So I cancelled all my accounts with OCBC. It is a lousy bank indeed with little care towards their customers. Screw the 360 account! I'd rather move to a bank with better customer service.

candychng

Reaction score
I ran into the same issue as you. So I cancelled all my accounts with OCBC. It is a lousy bank indeed with little care towards their customers. Screw the 360 account! I'd rather move to a bank with better customer service.

I echoed the feelings of TS.
Today I just cancelled by one and only credit card with OCBC.

I went through the same sh*t with their customer service officer just to get my annual fees and late charges (24 hours late) waived.

Now I am putting in plans to close off my family's OCBC accounts within the next two weeks.

OCBC needs to reflect on its customer service policies.

BlessRK

Reaction score
DON'T MAKE US A BEGGER

Hey OCBC,
You must be kidding me for asking for me to ***appeal AGAIN to get the annual fee waive and be *** SUBJECTED FOR BANK APPROVAL..... Please STOP treating us like begger. :mad:

It's my biggest mistake to move to OCBC 2 years back, and not only did I make the move myself but also get my family members and friends into this miserable transactions (all 8 affected now and all in process to get out). It was really stupid of me to do free advertisment for OCBC without any advantages but getting myself, my family and friends into this misery. My apologies to my family members and friends for trusting me and opened accounts with OCBC. Well, all of us are making our exit soon :s12:

You can read and see for yourself that I'm not exaggerating my claims about OCBC (if you search and read from OCBC facebook there are more complaints than you can imagine, on average of 1 cancellation/complaints everyweek). :s16:
Whoever that intend to sign up with OCBC, please think again before making yourself another 'BEGGER' of OCBC.
They've no mercy to waive anything .... be it late charge, finance charge, annual fee .... UNLESS you're big spender (i.e. 10 K which only entitle auto anuall fee waive still no late charge or finance waive should you ever forget to pay on time)... And if you spend >10K, don't b too happy thought, coz they've all the right to revise this spending amount as and when they like, read the earlier reply of my post, they revised the T&C since Jun 2016). My very 1st encountered was 1st month into using the 365 CC, and forgot to make payment on 23rd due date, by the time i realized it was after 30 mins past the due date and immediately I make online payment. Nothing help, once you hit the due date you're condemn. True enough I was charged late fee and payment, and thinking that it was my 1st offend I called to plead and highlighted to them it was just a 30 mins late...
Whoever called before would know, this is their popular phrase with OCBC ** DO make payment by due date to avoid inccuring further charges.*** No mercy, no understanding....
*** OOOHHH, this is so different from all other banks..... Honestly, which saints out there never missed the due date before (not that we do it intentionally, ... oversight, overlooked do happen once a while). Why other banks are sooo understanding.... not a single reason asked, they would happily arrange to waive unless you repeat the same offence many times.... then hey something is wrong with us not the bank...but if it's a 1st or 2 offences, what is the fuss??? OCBC doesn't believe in giving chance, they will leech you every single chance they can get on you.
Anyway, today, thanks OCBC for shutting its door on me, I found a better bank that offers better/similar benefits as OCBC 360 account as well as it's 365 Credit card.
For the same amount of $$ I've parked in OCBC 360 account + the 3 conditions to earn the extra bonus interest (i.e. Salary credit, CC spending, 3 payments), I'm getting ADDITIONAL $50 in interest per month from BOC. Pse do the sum yourself, BOC offers 1.55% (CC spending), 1% (Salary credit), 0.6% (3 paymens) on 60K + 0.4% interest on total saving (OCBC gives only 0.05%)... SWEET, and bcoz of this stupid experience I'd with OCBC, now i started to ask question like how much is annual spending is required to qualify for annual fee waiver... which puzzle the customer service (guess not many people ask this type of question).... the CSO politely replied, generally if you spend using the card and is a good credit payer, generally there is no reason the bank will not waive the fee for you, which this has been the case for all my others cards (all local + foreign banks except OCBC) for the past many decades.
And you think OCBC 365 Credit card is great??? Check again, the only perks i remembered from OCBC 365 CC is 6% rebate for dining over weekend and 3% on weekday.... and 3% online & grocesier, with all other spending rebates 0.3%.... how pethatic... didn't know it was so pethatic until I learned about BOC Family card that rebates 7% on dining any day, 5% online & groceries, telecomm, hospital bills, + many more.....
Gosh, this phrase is really true, When a DOOR closes on your, another door opens ..... SOOOO TRUE..... don't take tooooo long and regret upon the closed door.... just be thankful, for the closed door.... else we will not be able to find a better deal elsewhere.... ;):D

Lastly, I truly belief it was not the fault of the OCBC staff that OCBC is so mean to the customers .... and my sympathy to OCBC owner who employ the great CEO or who ever that implement this decision to make OCBC's customer a begger. What does OCBC have today??? BAD names among most Spore household..... :D:D... truly a back fired plan for trying to attrack household customer over from other local banks but too bad they do NOT know how to maintain the customers ...

It's true that OCBC does auto fee waive for CC spender that hits > 10K per annun. Good luck to those big spender who stick with OCBC thought you'd your annual fee waived....

I'm definately making my exit from OCBC include Great Eastern policies.... The dependant insurance policy will be my 1st exit.... :s12:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey OCBC,
You must be kidding me for asking for me to ***appeal AGAIN to get the annual fee waive and be *** SUBJECTED FOR BANK APPROVAL..... Please STOP treating us like begger. :mad:

It's my biggest mistake to move to OCBC 2 years back, and not only did I make the move myself but also get my family members and friends into this miserable transactions (all 8 affected now and all in process to get out). It was really stupid of me to do free advertisment for OCBC without any advantages but getting myself, my family and friends into this misery. My apologies to my family members and friends for trusting me and opened accounts with OCBC. Well, all of us are making our exit soon :s12:

You can read and see for yourself that I'm not exaggerating my claims about OCBC (if you search and read from OCBC facebook there are more complaints than you can imagine, on average of 1 cancellation/complaints everyweek). :s16:
Whoever that intend to sign up with OCBC, please think again before making yourself another 'BEGGER' of OCBC.
They've no mercy to waive anything .... be it late charge, finance charge, annual fee .... UNLESS you're big spender (i.e. 10 K which only entitle auto anuall fee waive still no late charge or finance waive should you ever forget to pay on time)... And if you spend >10K, don't b too happy thought, coz they've all the right to revise this spending amount as and when they like, read the earlier reply of my post, they revised the T&C since Jun 2016). My very 1st encountered was 1st month into using the 365 CC, and forgot to make payment on 23rd due date, by the time i realized it was after 30 mins past the due date and immediately I make online payment. Nothing help, once you hit the due date you're condemn. True enough I was charged late fee and payment, and thinking that it was my 1st offend I called to plead and highlighted to them it was just a 30 mins late...
Whoever called before would know, this is their popular phrase with OCBC ** DO make payment by due date to avoid inccuring further charges.*** No mercy, no understanding....
*** OOOHHH, this is so different from all other banks..... Honestly, which saints out there never missed the due date before (not that we do it intentionally, ... oversight, overlooked do happen once a while). Why other banks are sooo understanding.... not a single reason asked, they would happily arrange to waive unless you repeat the same offence many times.... then hey something is wrong with us not the bank...but if it's a 1st or 2 offences, what is the fuss??? OCBC doesn't believe in giving chance, they will leech you every single chance they can get on you.
Anyway, today, thanks OCBC for shutting its door on me, I found a better bank that offers better/similar benefits as OCBC 360 account as well as it's 365 Credit card.
For the same amount of $$ I've parked in OCBC 360 account + the 3 conditions to earn the extra bonus interest (i.e. Salary credit, CC spending, 3 payments), I'm getting ADDITIONAL $50 in interest per month from BOC. Pse do the sum yourself, BOC offers 1.55% (CC spending), 1% (Salary credit), 0.6% (3 paymens) on 60K + 0.4% interest on total saving (OCBC gives only 0.05%)... SWEET, and bcoz of this stupid experience I'd with OCBC, now i started to ask question like how much is annual spending is required to qualify for annual fee waiver... which puzzle the customer service (guess not many people ask this type of question).... the CSO politely replied, generally if you spend using the card and is a good credit payer, generally there is no reason the bank will not waive the fee for you, which this has been the case for all my others cards (all local + foreign banks except OCBC) for the past many decades.
And you think OCBC 365 Credit card is great??? Check again, the only perks i remembered from OCBC 365 CC is 6% rebate for dining over weekend and 3% on weekday.... and 3% online & grocesier, with all other spending rebates 0.3%.... how pethatic... didn't know it was so pethatic until I learned about BOC Family card that rebates 7% on dining any day, 5% online & groceries, telecomm, hospital bills, + many more.....
Gosh, this phrase is really true, When a DOOR closes on your, another door opens ..... SOOOO TRUE..... don't take tooooo long and regret upon the closed door.... just be thankful, for the closed door.... else we will not be able to find a better deal elsewhere.... ;):D

Lastly, I truly belief it was not the fault of the OCBC staff that OCBC is so mean to the customers .... and my sympathy to OCBC owner who employ the great CEO or who ever that implement this decision to make OCBC's customer a begger. What does OCBC have today??? BAD names among most Spore household..... :D:D... truly a back fired plan for trying to attrack household customer over from other local banks but too bad they do NOT know how to maintain the customers ...

It's true that OCBC does auto fee waive for CC spender that hits > 10K per annun. Good luck to those big spender who stick with OCBC thought you'd your annual fee waived....

I'm definately making my exit from OCBC include Great Eastern policies.... The dependant insurance policy will be my 1st exit.... :s12:

Hi BlessRK,

We are sorry to learn about your decision to terminate your accounts with OCBC, but we respect it.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Should you wish for us to review your waiver, do drop us a PM.

^DG

789asd

Reaction score
Hi BlessRK,

We are sorry to learn about your decision to terminate your accounts with OCBC, but we respect it.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Should you wish for us to review your waiver, do drop us a PM.

^DG

you suck ocbc

SpringCleaner

Reaction score
I echoed the feelings of TS.
Today I just cancelled by one and only credit card with OCBC.

I went through the same sh*t with their customer service officer just to get my annual fees and late charges (24 hours late) waived.

Now I am putting in plans to close off my family's OCBC accounts within the next two weeks.

OCBC needs to reflect on its customer service policies.

After I cancelled my credit card with OCBC, they didn't send me the bank statement for the last balance. Then, they charged me late fee and insisted that I pay or else they will take legal action. I have appealed 2 times and they refused to waive the late fees. I've never encountered such terrible bank service before. I don't understand why people even stick to them. Their products aren't exactly great.

If you are cancelling your cards, MAKE SURE that you keep bugging them till they send you the statements or else you will end up in the same predicament as me.

SpringCleaner

Reaction score
@BlessRK: When it comes to CC fees waiver (late fee, annual fee etc.), DBS is really good. You just have to call and they have the automated feature that waives your fees immediately. :s13:

vince123123

Reaction score
If no bank statement was ever sent, it may not be easy to impose late fees on something that was never notified to the customer.

Also, late payment fees (which are not the same as late interest fees) may not be legally enforceable as they could be considered as penalty clauses. I usually ask the bank officer to refer to their legal advisers as they may not know the correct position. Alternatively, you can offer to pay the late interest and ask for a waiver of the late charges.

Did you do your appeal by phone or in writing?

After I cancelled my credit card with OCBC, they didn't send me the bank statement for the last balance. Then, they charged me late fee and insisted that I pay or else they will take legal action. I have appealed 2 times and they refused to waive the late fees. I've never encountered such terrible bank service before. I don't understand why people even stick to them. Their products aren't exactly great.

If you are cancelling your cards, MAKE SURE that you keep bugging them till they send you the statements or else you will end up in the same predicament as me.

Last edited:

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emailing to OCBC was a breeze. All that was needed was patience. Be good to others as you would like to be. No need to throw tantrums, no need to feel frustrated.

7 days after requesting for fee waivers via secured email, an SMS came in.
"We have reviewed your request carefully. Sorry, but we are unable to waive the annual fee as you did not meet the minimum spending requirement. Do make payment by the due date to avoid incurring further charges..."

7 days after requesting for card cancellations via secured email, an email came in, informing, amongst other things, that card cancellation takes 7 days; annual fees will be credited to the card account; a termination letter will be sent to billing address; and best of all, it asked if the credit balance should be transferred to an OCBC Account.

A very impressive coup de grace service by OCBC, far different from those experienced here.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@BlessRK: When it comes to CC fees waiver (late fee, annual fee etc.), DBS is really good. You just have to call and they have the automated feature that waives your fees immediately. :s13:

DBS is simply first class when it comes to fee waivers. Amazingly, no other banks come close.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.