Gear S3 is announced.

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/7YUI2WQGO-M

Maybe the Frontier model is targeted at people who like the Tag Heuer Connected?

It looks quite similar to the Tag.
Yes, I immediately thought of the Tag Heuer Connected when I saw the S3 Frontier. I think I prefer how the bezel looks on the Frontier. More subdued as compared with the large digits of the Connected. And I definitely prefer the price of the Frontier :).

But I think the killer feature on the S3 is its Always On Display that is capable of showing the full colour range (16million) and even a live ticking second hand. And if the large battery allows the S3 to last 1 to 2 days with the Always On Display activated, I'm sold!

A watch is meant to be both function and form, sometimes more of the latter. A smartwatch spends most of its time in power saving mode. It's quite pointless to have the nicest watch face on this planet if you cannot see it when the watch is in power saving mode. The S3 looks set to change that!

Sent from Sent from Sony Xperia using GAGT

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently wearing Urbane 2 and got the Moto 360 v2

The S3 classic looks similar to Urbane 2 so the Frontier would be better for me

But the price sure damn ex.. Gear S2 Classic already $548.. without LTE

This one maybe $648 onwards

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bag_man

Reaction score
The ss gear s3 looks so good in the picture, the first smart watch i really want to own one, hopefully it wont be affected by the note 7 saga

meet_nanda

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Gear S3 Frontier LTE version uses eSIM (Embedded SIM), which none of the SG telcos offer/support. So, LTE version will not be available in SG.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gear S3 Frontier LTE version uses eSIM (Embedded SIM), which none of the SG telcos offer/support. So, LTE version will not be available in SG.

Indeed, no mention of "LTE" at all :o

Samsung SG website never mention abt LTE... maybe SG edition never have LTE at all??

http://www.samsung.com/sg/news/local/samsung-expands-smartwatch-offerings-with-gear-s3/

According to an internal source, the LTE version will be announced at a later date. thus only the bluetooth version will be available in the coming weeks..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.