Fitbit Charge 2 - Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm on day 3 with the fitbit charge 2 now. So far so good.

nzbgcBZ.jpg

You can receive call notifications.
Text notifications ( sms , messenger, hangouts , WhatsApp)
Calendar notifications

I used to own a fitbit one then jawbone up 3. Currently syncing with my BlackBerry Priv.

Last edited:

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score

nzbgcBZ.jpg

Calendar notifications

I used to own a fitbit one then jawbone up 3. Currently syncing with my BlackBerry Priv.
any sample of what WhatsApp notification looks Like on it?

Possible to set notifications for other apps besides those you mentioned?

Sent from Samsung SM-N930F using GAGT

Rickosw

Reaction score

nzbgcBZ.jpg

Amazon set / US set?

or local Sinkie set?

vengence_angels

Reaction score

nzbgcBZ.jpg

Calendar notifications

How does it compare to UP3? UP3 is really cheap now.

Used to have the 1st charge HR but now spoilt.

So thinking of getting just the UP3 for activity tracking.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
How does it compare to UP3? UP3 is really cheap now.

Used to have the 1st charge HR but now spoilt.

So thinking of getting just the UP3 for activity tracking.

I used up3 for about 11 months. Battery life was great initially, about 7 days. Now I only get about 5 days.

The heart rate measurement contacts ( if it makes sense?) on the up3 can be uncomfortable on my wrist if I am on the com using the keyboard. It digs into your skin. Fitbit charge 2 is much more comfortable.

The up3 locking mechanism has been getting quite loose lately ( maybe due to prolong use ) , recently unlocking on its own ( I nearly lost it on some occasions). I don't have such issues when I just got my up3 though. Fitbit charge 2 is quite snug , just like the charge HR.

I bought the up3 because I was attracted to the smart coach features. But I feel it wasn't useful at all, just recommending me to take more steps today , drink more water because my resting heart rate is higher etc .

I feel up3 has better sleep tracking feature as it tracks light sleep , rem sleep, deep sleep. I am still testing out charge 2's sleep tracking feature. Currently it only shows awake and restless mins/time during your sleep.

Coming from fitbit one previously , I really appreciate having the distance travelled tracking now on charge 2. Up3 doesn't have distance travelled tracking.

If you don't need a screen for your next fitness tracker and want a cheaper option ( carousell bnib about 200 sgd ?), then up3 is the way to go. Otherwise I will definitely recommend fitbit charge 2.
P.S I am not a hardcore gym goer/ runner.

Last edited:

Rickosw

Reaction score

Cool!
thanks for your review,

about the whatsapp notification, do I need to do any thing special ? aka steps to syn / Bluetooth it ? or it is auto?

can I read the full message? or just part of it ?

any other messenger apps can syn / wechat / Skype / Viper / Telegram?

I am waiting for local set, cos I wana try the actual size, (should be Large for me) ...

hopefully next week -

http://www.axtrosports.com/fitness-...it-charge-2-heart-rate-fitness-wristband.html

will be buying some third party watch strap & tempered glass tonite / weekend (amazon seems to have more selection compare to taobao)

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Cool!
thanks for your review,

about the whatsapp notification, do I need to do any thing special ? aka steps to syn / Bluetooth it ? or it is auto?

can I read the full message? or just part of it ?

any other messenger apps can syn / wechat / Skype / Viper / Telegram?

I am waiting for local set, cos I wana try the actual size, (should be Large for me) ...

hopefully next week -

http://www.axtrosports.com/fitness-...it-charge-2-heart-rate-fitness-wristband.html

will be buying some third party watch strap & tempered glass tonite / weekend (amazon seems to have more selection compare to taobao)

For the WhatsApp notifications you will have to setup initially in the app, as posted in the ss above under text notifications. Have your Bluetooth switched on at all times , like how you would use your regular smartwatch/ Fitness trackers , the message will pop up.

Currently I can read all the words in the messages. I have yet to test the word count limit though. I doubt wall of text can get through entirely on the charge 2 :p

I do not use any of those apps you have mentioned. Apologies if I can't test them out. I do use LINE and BBM, but they are not showing as an option ( as also posted in the ss above)

Rickosw

Reaction score
For the WhatsApp notifications you will have to setup initially in the app, as posted in the ss above under text notifications. Have your Bluetooth switched on at all times , like how you would use your regular smartwatch/ Fitness trackers , the message will pop up.

Currently I can read all the words in the messages. I have yet to test the word count limit though. I doubt wall of text can get through entirely on the charge 2 :p

I do not use any of those apps you have mentioned. Apologies if I can't test them out. I do use LINE and BBM, but they are not showing as an option ( as also posted in the ss above)
Thanks for your reply.... The dealer just message me. Local stock is here.

xfJMw4Xl.jpg

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

Last edited:

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to get the screen protector. Please let me know if I can tompang on your order . Thanks !

Rickosw

Reaction score
I'm interested to get the screen protector. Please let me know if I can tompang on your order . Thanks !

sure, I will go amazon tonite / 2molo, and make a list of straps / tempered glass, any Bro want can chip in ....

Rickosw

Reaction score

nzbgcBZ.jpg

Calendar notifications

Bro,
do u know how to use the GPS thingy? aka I have switch on my GPS / Location on my LG V10 and syn Bluetooth to Charge 2

where can I see how much I walk or travelled? aka the map?
do I need to set a particular execise? or auto?

how can I share that information on FB ? -
aka how many steps I taken today / what distance I covered ? etc

thanks

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro,
do u know how to use the GPS thingy? aka I have switch on my GPS / Location on my LG V10 and syn Bluetooth to Charge 2

where can I see how much I walk or travelled? aka the map?
do I need to set a particular execise? or auto?

how can I share that information on FB ? -
aka how many steps I taken today / what distance I covered ? etc

thanks

You need to manually start an exercise. Like run or cycling. Go to your charge 2 switch to run then hold on the button until the GPS connected is shown. Then proceed to run with your phone. End the run thereafter.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will try 2molo.
Need to find how to post results to fb

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

Sorry I missed that part.

Go to your fitbit app. Tap on the top left corner - tap friends - tap the + icon - connect your facebook there.

Once connected, go to the workout/exercise activity . Click on it then there is a share button with options to take a selfie photo with it.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.