Going SPAIN? Ask this amdk ah beng!

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hola!
Friendly amdk ang moh here will help chiu with your inquires, questions about ESPAÑA. Moi not anton casey stupiak type so dont be pai seh and ask all type of questions if u want! :s13:

ping56

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are u Spanish ? Have been to Barcelona and planning to go Madrid next year. Any must go places and food to try?

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are u Spanish ? Have been to Barcelona and planning to go Madrid next year. Any must go places and food to try?

Yes I am from Madrid. Good choice u make for next year haha! your plan how many days in madrid ah...going around europe cities or spain, or just a fast trip to Madrid only...?

Last edited:

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are there nice beaches near Madrid or Barcelona?
Able to get into the ocean there?

Tks!

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are there nice beaches near Madrid or Barcelona?
Able to get into the ocean there?
Tks!

Spain full of beaches....from madrid nearest beaches are 3-4 h drive (valencia province). From Barcelona you will have an easy go since u orredy near the sea...u will have the "costa daurada".
There are so many beaches nice but far....like balearic islands with Mallorca (never go to el arenal, i know is cheap but full of british/germans ah bengs haha)...then Menorca...woah sibeh naise! same size as singapore and around 100.000 people only. South Spain oso good choice, with nice food and tapas.
Oso u can go south portugal (algarve), amazing area...... or fly to canary islands haha!

Darwinson

Banned
Reaction score
Hey amdk ahbeng

Share more about San Sebastián leh. Which part in Spain are you from and what's your fav Spanish food

And your fav sinkie food for comparison

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey amdk ahbeng

Share more about San Sebastián leh.

San sebastian is a nice place to visit and makan! From Madrid is a bit more than 4h drive. I think is aboout 450km. U oso can take bus to go there. Is quite easy to move around to see things like the beach, the old town, panoramic view from monte igueldo, etc... and then makan pintxos! Actually is a bit ex if u start to do calculations about how many u eat and how much you pay but is quite worth it. Pintxos are very elaborated and very tasty and you have so many places there to stop, eat, go to another one... San sebastian oso haf great restaurants if u want more than just pintxos.

Which part in Spain are you from and what's your fav Spanish food

This amdk lives in Madrid and my fav is JAMOOOOOOOON!!!! and gambas from huelva!!! that´s why in singapore my fav street is gambas avenue! (lame joke ha). I haf so many more but with this two i can live!

If u want I can explain more about jamon and spanish food ...jamon like durian la...the mao shan wang of jamon is the wan u need to eat. Sound like atas comment but in jamon (like durian) really matters.

And your fav sinkie food for comparison

wahhh Now you mention i would Love to eat rite now wanton mee!!!! I sibeh miss char siew!!! :s12:

Last edited:

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
halo spangaporean can identify this place
hint very common tourist attraction in barcelona

29261268673_b007842ae6_b.jpg

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
halo spangaporean can identify this place
hint very common tourist attraction in barcelona

29261268673_b007842ae6_b.jpg

hahah of cos la! is the avenue where all u asian sotong tourist get robbed! :D

Is really packed these days barcelona....and generating a big polemic around this massification and how affects the locals.

Actually, rambla you better walk from the top and then finish at the sea like the natural course of the rain water.. Rambla is an arab term for creek so this avenue is just following that path :)

Last edited:

Darwinson

Banned
Reaction score
San sebastian is a nice place to visit and makan! From Madrid is a bit more than 4h drive. I think is aboout 450km. U oso can take bus to go there. Is quite easy to move around to see things like the beach, the old town, panoramic view from monte igueldo, etc... and then makan pintxos! Actually is a bit ex if u start to do calculations about how many u eat and how much you pay but is quite worth it. Pintxos are very elaborated and very tasty and you have so many places there to stop, eat, go to another one... San sebastian oso haf great restaurants if u want more than just pintxos.

This amdk lives in Madrid and my fav is JAMOOOOOOOON!!!! and gambas from huelva!!! that´s why in singapore my fav street is gambas avenue! (lame joke ha). I haf so many more but with this two i can live!

If u want I can explain more about jamon and spanish food ...jamon like durian la...the mao shan wang of jamon is the wan u need to eat. Sound like atas comment but in jamon (like durian) really matters.

wahhh Now you mention i would Love to eat rite now wanton mee!!!! I sibeh miss char siew!!! :s12:

Hahaa. I got eat jamon(hamun)la. Even the higher grade black color one. Beyota is it called?

I think it was nice. I wouldn't compare it to Durian cos I myself hate durian. There are so many peeepur hate pungent food. jamun will be eaten by wider variety of people

But do share more about jamun

Darwinson

Banned
Reaction score
Wow good. I also like wanton mee a lot. I give my recommendations. You tell me more Spanish food and cities.

To begin with ...my favourite wanton mee is at Sam Leong street at Jalan besar. It's called 'famous wanton mee' .its part of a coffee shop

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But do share more about jamun

Jamon is spanish ichi ban food. U will find very little spanish amdk who doesnt like it. Cutting jamon is like an art. At the end is just a cured pig leg so u can´t cut it thick thick. Not naise wan.
Donch attempt to bring whole leg to sinkieland as the weather will totally ruin it unless u atas and can put it in your dry room. If u bring jamon back home is in vacuum packs only.

A sibeh simple guide to buy:

• jamon serrano..... this the cheap wan. not so great but u can find some that is actually good.
  • jamon iberico.....the good wan, with iberian pigs..naaaaiseeeee. In jamon iberico we haf 3 categories: cebo, recebo, bellota

Basicaly cebo is that they feed them with processed food, recebo is that they feed them with accorn and later on with processed food to reach the optimal weight and then bellota (top top wan) where the pigs only eat accorn and things from the grassland.
Sometime u will hear the spanish expression "pata negra" for good quality as the iberian pig normally have black hoof

Jamon areas are extremadura, huelva and salamanca. Famous brands are 5 jotas, joselito but sometimes i find them overpriced for what u get....

Oh! If u happen to go in singapore to a "spanish" restaurant with a displaying jamon and u see it with not a straight cut but with an "U" shape means is badly cut and u can laugh at them. Don´t worry, here oso happen :s13:

Last edited:

Darwinson

Banned
Reaction score
Jamon is spanish ichi ban food. U will find very little spanish amdk who doesnt like it. Cutting jamon is like an art. At the end is just a cured pig leg so u can´t cut it thick thick. Not naise wan.
Donch attempt to bring whole leg to sinkieland as the weather will totally ruin it unless u atas and can put it in your dry room. If u bring jamon back home is in vacuum packs only.

A sibeh simple guide to buy:

• jamon serrano..... this the cheap wan. not so great but u can find some that is actually good.
  • jamon iberico.....the good wan, with iberian pigs..naaaaiseeeee. In jamon iberico we haf 3 categories: cebo, recebo, bellota

Basicaly cebo is that they feed them with processed food, recebo is that they feed them with accorn and later on with processed food to reach the optimal weight and then bellota (top top wan) where the pigs only eat accorn and things from the grassland.
Sometime u will hear the spanish expression "pata negra" for good quality as the iberian pig normally have black hoof

Jamon areas are extremadura, huelva and salamanca. Famous brands are 5 jotas, joselito but sometimes i find them overpriced for what u get....

Oh! If u happen to go in singapore to a "spanish" restaurant with a displaying jamon and u see it with not a straight cut but with an "U" shape means is badly cut and u can laugh at them. Don´t worry, here oso happen :s13:

First time I heard about jamon was at the 'the little Spanish place' in boat quay.

They had 4 legs and my friend went to explain to me the whole process
Of making the jamon. It was interesting and now I understand every Spanish amdk love talking about jamon.

Then when I was at barca ,I made sure I tried it. It was good... I will take note of 5jotas and joeselito brands.

Brexiter

Reaction score
Have you been to caminito del rey?
Is it easy to go if I dont speak spanish and Im not travelling with a tour group?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.