[Official] EDMW Cat Owners Thread~ - Part 3

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Visited gal gal last evening since today the vet is closed.
She is on subcut instd of IV from this week onwards, so we were able to let her out to stretch n roam ard the room abit...:D

746C6175-2D7C-44ED-8524-3DB5A081E016.jpg

Not sure if it is the lighting or bec' of her liver, she looks kinda yellow (jaundice?). Will know how her liver n kidney reading on her next blood test in early Oct, cross finger the values have improved or at least stable.
Till date we are still unable to find a fosterer, so she will continue to be hospitalised.:(
I dunno why, but now its extremely difficult to get any fosters for sick/injured stray cats.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My tabby gal say Hello...

C3E672A5-6C9B-48C8-8739-3E73B7870B0D.jpg

A year or 2 ago, she was initially a stray diagnosed wif liver cancer and estimated to have only 5 months left... But was thankful we seek 2nd opinion wif Dr GH, we were able to nurse her back to health by givin her prescription diet, med n supplements recommended by GH. And in the process we adopted her.:D

She look like my eldest cat who passed away early this yr

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
I dunno why, but now its extremely difficult to get any fosters for sick/injured stray cats.

Guess there is jus not enuff fosterers n they are oredi at full capacity le...
Not easy task to care for the sick ones esp... Very heart wrenching to see them pass on de :sad:

Thankful that the vet is willing to work something out for us to help defray some of the cost.
Gonna get some snack to show appreciation for them taking care of gal gal.:D

Last edited:

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup one of the pretty face sisters.

Vet cleaned the wound... It was an abscess. The vet also drained off the pus and gave her antibiotics injection.

O dear... Hope her wound will recover soon. Showed Poppy's wound to GH, she suspect is a fight wound. She prescribed Silvin cream to apply, so far the wound seems to be recovering/drying up, will monitor a week.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not easy task to care for the sick ones esp... Very heart wrenching to see them pass on de :sad:

Yeah, we've done it before and it's a VERY difficult task. Unless you are willing to devote a huge part of your day/night to them you simply cannot take in more than one or two. And some of the animals are in for the long term.

jacko123

Master Member
Reaction score
first time cat owner reporting in :s12::s12:
collected him yesterday afternoon and kept in toilet overnight
this morning try to intro him to the rest of the house and he's exploring and climbing around liao =:p=:p

my 10 weeks old boy
xxXz9WE.jpg

jad0Woe.jpg

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Thankful that the vet is willing to work something out for us to help defray some of the cost.
Gonna get some snack to show appreciation for them taking care of gal gal.:D

Yeah, we've done it before and it's a VERY difficult task. Unless you are willing to devote a huge part of your day/night to them you simply cannot take in more than one or two. And some of the animals are in for the long term.

1) I think its also due to irresponsible people. I have heard of ppl asking for fosters to take care of sick community cats. Then they only paid for 1 month and after 1 or 2 months they go missing. Then the poor person who foster, had to fork out money to get the cat treated and keep them at home till their last :s22:..

2) There has been an increase in sick cats being abandoned by irresponsible owners. The fosters are already occupied and cannot take in anymore.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
this morning try to intro him to the rest of the house and he's exploring and climbing around liao =:p=:p

my 10 weeks old boy
xxXz9WE.jpg

jad0Woe.jpg

Welcome to the club. Cute little boy you have there

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

my 10 weeks old boy
xxXz9WE.jpg

jad0Woe.jpg

nice little boy. 10 weeks old no scared humans.. easy for him to adapt to your family..

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
:vijayadmin:
1) I think its also due to irresponsible people. I have heard of ppl asking for fosters to take care of sick community cats. Then they only paid for 1 month and after 1 or 2 months they go missing. Then the poor person who foster, had to fork out money to get the cat treated and keep them at home till their last :s22:..
:eek::eek: the fosterer dun hve the contact no. of the requester ma? So poor thing la the fosterer... Really black sheep sia these ppl.:mad:

2) There has been an increase in sick cats being abandoned by irresponsible owners. The fosters are already occupied and cannot take in anymore.
Haiz, vet bills ain't cheap so for them the easiest way is abandonment. Even tho abandonment is punishable by law but how many times they are being caught red handed?

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hah! I'd love to see abandoners being punished according to the law but it will never happen.

skarfy

Reaction score
I remember there being a list of where to buy pet food in msia... Can anyone sic the link? Looking for solid gold/totw

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
Gal gal seems to be a lap kitty, she climbed up to my lap and slept... Lol!!
She vomitted again last nite according to the nurse, 2nd bout eversince she has been warded. Hope it is jus eating too fast n isolated instances.
Furball...:D
image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.