NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

marigoldhl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All admission related questions specifically related to AY2017/18 (NUS, NTU and SMU only) are welcome in this thread. Ask away! Create a HWZ account if you need to ask a question or to contribute to the discussion.

For other universities e.g. SUTD, SIT and UniSIM/SUSS, please look up for their respective threads in the Degree subforum.

THREAD GROUND RULES: STRICTLY NO OUT-OF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS, ARGUMENTS OF ANY KIND, ABUSIVE/ INSENSITIVE/ SARCASTIC/ CONDESCENDING LANGUAGE AND XENOPHOBIC COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD, AS PER HWZ TERMS OF SERVICE. OFFENDERS MAY BE INFRACTED FOR FORUM NUISANCE. This thread strives to welcome everyone, regardless of nationality and background; the least one can do is to be nice and harmonious to everyone, and exercise sensitivity on certain issues.

Seeing a lot of new members in this thread.

Please take note on a few things:

• No spamming just to hit the min post count for PM.
  • Folks who originate from EDMW, please refrain from using the lingo and bringing in the culture from EDMW.
  • Stay in topic.

Thanks.

University Admission thread in Reddit (r/Singapore):
2017 University Application Season Megathread

Previous year threads:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2016-2017-intake-5205927.html
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2016-2017-intake-part-2-a-5433972.html
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2015-2016-intake-4854297.html
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2014-2015-intake-4315732.html

Historical IGP Freshmen AY2008/09 to AY2016/17
for both A Level (in numerical rank points) and Poly applicants (in CGPA)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MPEDZpw26TjN7dTsQzsbnXHZa47og0qSrdHrlT7nLKc/pubhtml

Historical GES Class of 2008 to 2016
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tVlxRwv5mSaGIdsdxMDcxpuAHZfgyJ20mWVVVkYuPc8/pubhtml

Appeal Chance Rater (ACR) AY2017/18
Listing of all current offers made in this thread
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DpiI1Lo6wV4cp9H5Zyike-rL8SchQDD8WgyNylVcb2o/pubhtml

All confirmed admission results (from this year's admission exercise, whether offered or rejected) posted on this thread will be used to compile the Appeal Chance Rater. If you have been offered, please assist your peers who are waiting for their offer.

To post your offers/ rejections in this thread, please include:

- A Level total rank point OR Poly CGPA (6sem) with O Level raw L1R4
(For rank points, please do calculate one with MT, one without MT and take the higher one for reference. Use this calculator if in doubt. For Poly CGPA, I accept only 6sem from now onwards, and please give it in 2 decimal places, do not round up)
If from PFP or ITE prior to poly, do state N Level results, PFP phase or ITE GPA.
- List ALL your choices for each university application (up till the offered course, or else all choices if you're rejected)
- Offered course/ Rejected status, and whether the offer is made under DA or borderline interview (if any) (must be confirmed offer). If you have DAed, briefly state your achievements and accomplishments
- Singaporean/ PR/ Foreign Student (foreigners studying local schools are still counted as international students, and as such subject to the 18% quota)

I cannot accept any input via PM. All inputs must come from this thread only.

Thank you for your help.

Appeal Dates:
NUS: 24 to 31 May
NTU: 13 to 28 May
SMU: 2 May to 18 July

May the odds be ever in your favour.
:s12:

Last edited:

jash96

Reaction score
Got into NUS Comp. Sci. AY 2017/2018 but still waiting for ORD. :vijayadmin:

Does anyone know when we can start applying for hostels?

And is PGP easy to get into? :O

NPNTBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got into NUS Comp. Sci. AY 2017/2018 but still waiting for ORD. :vijayadmin:

Does anyone know when we can start applying for hostels?

And is PGP easy to get into? :O

You can refer to this site or this site for more information on the application process and dates.

From what I've heard from my friends who got into PGP, it is relatively easier to get in as compared to other residences.

glorydays

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to retake certain poly modules even though i didn't fail them? I'm on my final semester now and my cgpa is really lousy so i was thinking if i could retake the C-grade modules from past semesters. Is it possible?? I'm from ngee ann poly btw. Thanks!!

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Not possible...

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to retake certain poly modules even though i didn't fail them? I'm on my final semester now and my cgpa is really lousy so i was thinking if i could retake the C-grade modules from past semesters. Is it possible?? I'm from ngee ann poly btw. Thanks!!

Shirley Heng

Reaction score
Hi I just got my 5th semester result n my GPA is 3.53, is that any chance to get into NTU EEE. I'm from aerospace electronic.

suessya

Reaction score
Hi. Please rate my chance.
I am studying business and just got my 5th semesters results too.
I got a CGPA of 3.73 and want to go to NTU biz.
but i fall short from igp 10th percentile of 3.80
Is there still a good possibility for me to get in?
my CCA is not good enough to boast but i can get referral letters from lecturers and employers for internship, part time jobs etc. will that be any help? and can i actually use work experience under the discretionary admission exercise?

agent_719

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Please rate my chance.
I am studying business and just got my 5th semesters results too.
I got a CGPA of 3.73 and want to go to NTU biz.
but i fall short from igp 10th percentile of 3.80
Is there still a good possibility for me to get in?
my CCA is not good enough to boast but i can get referral letters from lecturers and employers for internship, part time jobs etc. will that be any help? and can i actually use work experience under the discretionary admission exercise?

Quite difficult. Whats ur o lvl results? A math and english grades

agent_719

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! :)
i got L1R4 14 raw
English C5 A Math B3 E Math A1

English need at least B4, if not:
If you manage to get an interview opportunity, you will be given 15 minute to write an essay on a topic before being interviewed by 2 profs.

Your math grade is okay, so they probably won't probe you in this area. However your L1R4 quite weak.

Wish you the best of luck

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you manage to get an interview opportunity, you will be given 15 minute to write an essay on a topic before being interviewed by 2 profs.

Your math grade is okay, so they probably won't probe you in this area. However your L1R4 quite weak.

Don't spoil ppl hopes rah
My R4 19 points. Eng c6 no add maths also got accepted by all 3 uni accounting courses.
Whatever it is, just apply. Won't die.

suessya

Reaction score

hmm.. is there anything I can do to appear better in terms of language?
Thanks for the feedback regardless cos it tells me where i stand. :)

suessya

Reaction score
Don't spoil ppl hopes rah
My R4 19 points. Eng c6 no add maths also got accepted by all 3 uni accounting courses.
Whatever it is, just apply. Won't die.

That's great! Really happy for you.. :)
I actually did read up some of the previous conversations and i know u got a 3.88 GPA. that's really hard to do
What did u go for out of the three?

suessya

Reaction score
I am actually quite confused about this and would appreciate it if u can shed some light.
I still have a semester to go and I have hopes to pull up my CGPA, even if it is slightly.
Currently i got 3.70, 3.85, 4.00, 3.40, 3.70 for 5 semesters. CGPa is 3.73
does that mean if i get 4.00, i can pull it up to 3.78?
But again, I am not sure if it will be of any help cos when the application window opens in Feb, we are supposed to apply with 5 sem results right?
So my question is whether the IGP is reflective of 6 semesters results or just 5 semesters?

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Highest it can go is 3.775 provided u get 4 for final sem

I am actually quite confused about this and would appreciate it if u can shed some light.
I still have a semester to go and I have hopes to pull up my CGPA, even if it is slightly.
Currently i got 3.70, 3.85, 4.00, 3.40, 3.70 for 5 semesters. CGPa is 3.73
does that mean if i get 4.00, i can pull it up to 3.78?
But again, I am not sure if it will be of any help cos when the application window opens in Feb, we are supposed to apply with 5 sem results right?
So my question is whether the IGP is reflective of 6 semesters results or just 5 semesters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.