Going SPAIN? Ask this amdk ah beng!

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been to Barcelona(and Tarragona, Montserrat and Girona). Loved it! Food is amazing too.

Considering a trip on the south... So around Madrid and below. Any cities particularly you think is worth checking out?

Darwinson

Banned
Reaction score
I've been to Barcelona(and Tarragona, Montserrat and Girona). Loved it! Food is amazing too.

Considering a trip on the south... So around Madrid and below. Any cities particularly you think is worth checking out?

A Spanish girl told me her favourite is Granada ....also the canaries islands is often talked about having a different vibe and culture.

Of course Basque Country has the most unique culture in all of Spain which some say is dry unspanish....basque is definitely one place to check out but it's north

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

U can do day trips to toledo and segovia... cuenca and salamanca oso can but a bit more far...

if u haf more days check going andalucia places like sevilla, granada...

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A Spanish girl told me her favourite is Granada ....also the canaries islands is often talked about having a different vibe and culture.

Granada is an awesome place to see and to enjoy the tapas style of eating. Granada girls chiobu wan but character vely strong (granada famous for "malafolla" attitude....hah)

Of course Basque Country has the most unique culture in all of Spain which some say is dry unspanish....basque is definitely one place to check out but it's north

Basque contry a lot of things to offer ...vely nice place. In general cliche terms, south spain is more chinchai and open while north is more dry people. t´s quite true, specially with humour and jokes but in the north once they accepted u they are very warm. :)

wj1984

Master Member
Reaction score
the usual touristy places in Barcelona / Madrid! Kind of miss the Spanish laidback life style!

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the usual touristy places in Barcelona / Madrid! Kind of miss the Spanish laidback life style!

Yeah man...we work for living and not living for work

There's a saying "vas a ser el mas rico del cementerio" (u are gonna be the richest in the cementery)....meaning no point to get money for looking at it only and not spending to live your life...hah

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can do day trips to toledo and segovia... cuenca and salamanca oso can but a bit more far...

if u haf more days check going andalucia places like sevilla, granada...
Thanks! Do you recommend travelling to Spain in December? I'm in the UK atm, so want to get out of here in December haha

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Do you recommend travelling to Spain in December? I'm in the UK atm, so want to get out of here in December haha

Haha ya la...go out from brexitland! December should be good! I mean is cold but nothing like north europe...specially if u go south. Actually u should visit granada and take two days to ski at sierra nevada ski resort :p

Last edited:

droozy

Master Member
Reaction score
Any good hiking areas in Spain ? Which month in Summer is nice to travel? Is 2-3wks too much for just Spain ? Any itnerary ? Thanks!

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to go Barcelona and Madrid.

Should plan for how many days. Looking at 12 days at the moment. Too much?

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good hiking areas in Spain ? Which month in Summer is nice to travel? Is 2-3wks too much for just Spain ? Any itnerary ? Thanks!

Spain quite big leh... 2-3 weeks is ok if u plan to visit many places. Summer as in july/august is quite hot and dry (except of course, coast areas like barcelona, valencia, balearic islands, etc). June is a good month to travel, no so crowded since the school holidays are about to start. In spain the summer holidays for schools are moreless from mid june to early september.

Hiking in Spain quite nice la...many mountains. U can go many areas...some ideas can be

- Camino de santiago.....amazing expericence (u can walk, or by bike)
- Picos de Europa... la ruta del cares
- Selva de irati.....in Navarra area
- Ordesa
- Caminito del rey

Yor main interest is hiking or cities oso?

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to go Barcelona and Madrid.

Should plan for how many days. Looking at 12 days at the moment. Too much?

With 12 days u can go more places than just barcelona and madrid. U can visit oso segovia and toledo cause quite near madrid....or take the bullet train to sevilla and other places in andalucia. Pais vasco nice, galicia nice with awesome seafood, san sebastian oso great place....Check for the renfe ave spain pass...maybe good option to move fast. Or rent car la, if u dare to drive in the normal side and not in the brexitland amdk bast_tard side :s13:

maggoth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spain can do road trip? which areas do you recommend? fyi i have zero knowledge on spain. i just want to do a road trip but thinking of which country to go to.

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spain can do road trip? which areas do you recommend? fyi i have zero knowledge on spain. i just want to do a road trip but thinking of which country to go to.

can! road trip quite naise wan here.
roads in spain are quite good and easy with the gps.
with a car u can go everywhere....is more a question of how many days u haf and how much u like to drive. Spring and autumn should be good. Summer is oso naise but all here doing holidays so sibeh crowded places (anyway u sinkie so compare to sg all countries empty ha! ) .. If u need more info just tell me. :s22:

ping56

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is driving safe in Spain? Read the travel advice from UK government website that it's not as safe ? Seems to be having some crimes that prey on tourists driving

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Going to spain now

Hola , hola, hola

:s13::s13:

27384743960_c4ed6fe54d_b.jpg

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worth going Malaga end Nov? Too cold?

november good month to visit malaga, still got naise weather and is low season so cheap cheap and not crowded. People still sun tanning in the beach and some will swim hah

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.