HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my personal opinion,
to maximise this, should register and put 100k ADB, and use 500$ debit card, so this 100k gets min 2.2%
any excess above this 100k will only get 1.55% max, so no point.
put all others in esaver for 1.7%

above applies only after whichever can and already utilise at BOC Smartsaver 60k ( 3.55% ), MB Save-up 50k ( 3% ), UOB One 50k ( 2.43% ) , OCBC 60k ( 3.25% with increment, 2.25% without ) and/or Stanchart Bonussaver 100k ( btw 2.05 to 3.05% )

thought if want the free air tickets, need to deposit $200k min.?

savinmax

Reaction score
thought if want the free air tickets, need to deposit $200k min.?

only new Premier customers qualify, and you need to keep that minimum amount there for 90days.
besides, tix not so worth ( http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/104039123-post34.html), unless u always go hk n need find accomodation etc

Doesn't HSBC Advance Accounts also qualify? You don't need $200k for Advance.
I totally agree, difference only 0.05%, so get 2.2% instead of 2.25% for 100k when card use is achieved
and only need maintain 30k, and drop below fee is only $10.
besides, if you keep zero, I think they dont charge, as indicated by oceanicmanta

savinmax

Reaction score
How you get salary crediting for so many account?

I think you asked before, and another forumer mentioned he did it for 3 accounts ( BOC, OCBC and MB )

possible depending on nett salary, and good assistance from payroll staff of your company. if 4k, can do 2 accounts ( BOC and MB ), if 6k, can do 3 accounts ( BOC, MB and OCBC ). need min 9.5k to do Bonussaver as well.

UOB, esaver and HSBC stepup not necessary for salary credit to get, as you would know too.

hence as indicated, whichever can be done. If your own company also easy to do. But must be legit salary of course, as CPF is payable on whatever is declared.

SoulEraser

Master Member
Reaction score
adding on, alternate ocbc 360 to maximise. dbs multiplier also 2.08% eir pa. can also leave 10k inside citi maxi don't touch for backup.

average(3.55%, 3.13%, 3.25%, 3%, 2.43%, 2.08%) ~ 2.9% just near enough to combat inflation

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking back now, Advance would have worked better for me, with just 100k
air tics not so impt ... anyways, it is what it is.

splitting salary quite hard to get HR's nod in reality

Reaction score
artician, for hsbc if initial deposit date was 2 Aug, would you withdraw out on 1 Nov or 31 Oct? does hsbc calculate interest till end of mth basis or beginning from the date of deposit? Thks.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
artician, for hsbc if initial deposit date was 2 Aug, would you withdraw out on 1 Nov or 31 Oct? does hsbc calculate interest till end of mth basis or beginning from the date of deposit? Thks.

1st nov before 2pm, and drop cheque before 3.30pm on same day to other high yield acct..anything from 1st nov onwards zero interest

Reaction score
1st nov before 2pm, and drop cheque before 3.30pm on same day to other high yield acct..anything from 1st nov onwards zero interest

Ok thanks very much. I am using FAST out, and thot I have to hold it past 1 Nov midnight (3 mths, falling to 2 nov).

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We left $1 in my SO's premier account for Sep.
The system auto deducted $1 as Prem Svc fee.
FYI. You know what to do.

beautyseek

Reaction score
I am planning to move funds out on 1 Nov and need to move to SO's (to continue to benefit from the bonus rate).

I can FAST out of HSBC but the problem is that most banks have daily transf limit of $50K. So my receiving bank cannot FAST everything into SO's acct on same day.

How do u all move everything quickly? I am thinking of writing a chq from my receiving bank on 1 Nov and bank into SO's HSBC before 2pm. There will be loss of 1 day. Any faster way?

Also, i checked the interest crediting dates and other than the basic interest which is usu on 24 every mth, the step up and spend bonus interests all fall on different dates for the past 2 months..and my SO's and my acct also diff dates. How do u guys clear out interests on same day (since we cannot tell which day interest will be credited)? Anyway to set notification sms? Cannot be everyday log in to check right?

Last edited:

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am planning to move funds out on 1 Nov and need to move to SO's (to continue to benefit from the bonus rate).

I can FAST out of HSBC but the problem is that most banks have daily transf limit of $50K. So my receiving bank cannot FAST everything into SO's acct on same day.

you can FAST out of HSBC into multiple banks. Most bank priority account have daily xfer limit of $100k. eg if u have 3 receiving banks, you can move upto $300k into your SO acct on the same day.

How do u all move everything quickly? I am thinking of writing a chq from my receiving bank on 1 Nov and bank into SO's HSBC before 2pm. There will be loss of 1 day. Any faster way?

If u had FAST into one receiving bank on 1st Nov, u can issue a cheque from your receiving bank on 1 Nov to HSBC. The value date for HSBC shld be 1 Nov as long as it is not a late cheque, in other words, no loss of 1 day.

Also, i checked the interest crediting dates and other than the basic interest which is usu on 24 every mth, the step up and spend bonus interests all fall on different dates for the past 2 months..and my SO's and my acct also diff dates. How do u guys clear out interests on same day (since we cannot tell which day interest will be credited)? Anyway to set notification sms? Cannot be everyday log in to check right?

Set sms notification alerts when $ is credited.

beautyseek

Reaction score
SO and I did not receive the Step Up Bonus 0.7% for Debit Spend (which usually come in on last day of month -31 Oct) altho we charged online air ticket purchases to the card.

Sianz of monitoring. HSBC has a weird unpredictable way of crediting interest.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my bonus interest credited today (for Oct) is totally off :s11:
anyone in same shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.