Sony Xperia XZ

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just came back from China and for some reason, my China Mobile sim doesn't work on my XZ - here's no 3G/LTE.

My subscription definitely comes with 3G and 4G. Previously no issue with my Note. Anyone knows what happened or got solution?

Can you check Settings, More, Mobile Network, preferred network type and check the selection.

1-wind

Reaction score
yes, it took me more than an hour to transfer it manually. i lost about 2-3 messages but it's okay. guess that's how they "lock in" ppl for the ios camp/android camp :s22:

How did you manually transfer?

The Xperia Transfer did not work so I bought the Wazzap Migrator app... Not 100% though.

DblMint

Reaction score
Ahhh, i only have the xperia perf and yes, same issue faced also but for me i use smartlock more with my smartwatch which is more reliable
I think location based might require your location to be set at high accuracy which would cause battery drain?

Am already at high accuracy for location. I just tried location unlock in various parts of my house and it's a hit and miss haha.. Guess I'll feedback to my friend and maybe Sony will do a update

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought the XZ today. Damn it feels good. Tried transferring stuff from my note 7 using the Xperia Transfer Mobile. Seems like apps don't get transferred over. Only pictures, video and messages. I also find the display too cold to my liking. What are the white balance settings you guys using? Is there any "blue light filter" or "night mode"?

Sent from Sony F8332 using GAGT

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought the XZ today. Damn it feels good. Tried transferring stuff from my note 7 using the Xperia Transfer Mobile. Seems like apps don't get transferred over. Only pictures, video and messages. I also find the display too cold to my liking. What are the white balance settings you guys using? Is there any "blue light filter" or "night mode"?

I think you are used to the Bright Colours from your Samsung so find Sony colours too dull but you will get used to it after a while as it is more natural and not over saturated. =:p

omelet

Reaction score

Where did you bought your XZ from and what colour did you chose? My XZ display was too warm for my liking that I had to add blue...:eek:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you are used to the Bright Colours from your Samsung so find Sony colours too dull but you will get used to it after a while as it is more natural and not over saturated. =:p
Haha yeah I'm too used to AMOLED. But the screen of XZ is really "blue" :s13:
Where did you bought your XZ from and what colour did you chose? My XZ display was too warm for my liking that I had to add blue...:eek:
No need to say shop name you also can guess which one it is. It's at Far East. Those standard 3 to 4 shops that everyone is familiar with haha. Too warm!? I can't tahan the cold display. Wad phone were u using previously? I've set the white balance to R-180 G-120 B-0. Now it seems like the screen isn't as bright as before.

Sent from Samsung SM-T815Y using GAGT

omelet

Reaction score
Haha yeah I'm too used to AMOLED. But the screen of XZ is really "blue" :s13:

No need to say shop name you also can guess which one it is. It's at Far East. Those standard 3 to 4 shops that everyone is familiar with haha. Too warm!? I can't tahan the cold display. Wad phone were u using previously? I've set the white balance to R-180 G-120 B-0. Now it seems like the screen isn't as bright as before.

Sent from Samsung SM-T815Y using GAGT

Looks like we got different batch of XZ then...:eek:
I had seen my fair share of warm and cold display, so mine is definitely warm this time...
Got mine from Sony Store, Forest Blue.

Left: XZ, Right: Z3+
2jcabmt.jpg

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had seen my fair share of warm and cold display, so mine is definitely warm this time...

2jcabmt.jpg

Maybe you can compare with a Z3 if available, since it is made with cold display in order to make it look brighter.

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

that's not true - Sony Xperia phone screens are renowned since the Z3 days to have terrible color reproduction, in comparison to the standard sRGB gamut. the screens themselves look good of course, because they are calibrated to be punchy, saturated and vivid (and terrible white balance).

but compare an Xperia screen to, iPhone, Samsung (basic mode), sRGB mode screens from Nexus 6p, HTC 10.. and yeah the colors are off.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's not true - Sony Xperia phone screens are renowned since the Z3 days to have terrible color reproduction, in comparison to the standard sRGB gamut. the screens themselves look good of course, because they are calibrated to be punchy, saturated and vivid (and terrible white balance).

but compare an Xperia screen to, iPhone, Samsung (basic mode), sRGB mode screens from Nexus 6p, HTC 10.. and yeah the colors are off.

Nevermind the color reproduction, games still looks pretty nice on Z3 than other lcd screens i saw.

On the other hand, oled only started to improve their color reproduction these few years and Sammy is still selling well.

abcdos

Reaction score
Anyone could help comment on how is the GPS accuracy for XZ with Pokemon Go? Especially indoors.

Got see "Unable to get get GPS signal" message for long time/frequently or not?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Iphone color are good? Dun't think so. Coming from someone who is using a 6S now.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

2jcabmt.jpg

Here's mine. Top XZ. Bottom Note 7. (My camera is on auto white balance so the note 7 looks less warm after tweaking the XZ)

Before tweaking the white balance
112cqzb.jpg

After tweaking
62a8.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.