Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Given the fact that typical MVNOs get a lower priority than MNOs, it is surprising to see that Circles (MVNO) still can outperform ST (MNO). This already shows how M1's network (MNO) is superior already, since Circles is relying on M1 for the network services.

Billing-wise, it is fully automated by Circles, so it is different from M1. I can't say much about it. I rarely have billing issues with M1 Postpaid Mobile and Fibre Broadband services.

But seriously, never go for StarHub again. Slow 3G/4G + full of billing issues just within first month of service with them.

Sent from Sony E5653 using GAGT

True, although it looks like some places the CL network looks weak, the 4G speed is pretty fast.

On the other hand, SH has pretty much mixed reviews.
My sibling is using it and mentioned the 4G network is pretty strong in west and north-east areas.

banbleh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leaning towards Circles.
Anything but Starhub, the customer service really sucks balls.

galapogos

Reaction score
Copied the table to the first post for easy reference. Leaning towards CL as well.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just signed up to M1 mySIM 20 and i haven't pay anything at M1 shop.

Plus, their number choices are much much nicer than rivaling telcos.

For me, my number is as easy sounding as XYYX ZYYX and yet this number comes free too. Way better than most Starhub $100+ golden number. :s22:

Best of all if you need more talktime can also pay for talktime addon without needing to upgradr to next higher tier just for the higher bundled talktime.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leaning towards Circles.
My prepaid experience with SH drove me away back to M1.

M1 always full or near full coverage at places where my SH gets emergency calls. :s22:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leaning towards Circles.

Yes, SH customer service needs more improvement and LTE speed somewhat slower than CL.

After a month with CL, I switched to SH since they have promotions to waive off the subscription/SIM card fee.

Everything is good with CL, including the better LTE speeds and responsive customer service.

Main reason is the weak CL network connectivity which eats my phone battery life overnight during standby mode about 1% per hour, presumed my phone is always searching/switching the network.

I live in west area, where SH network is stronger so my phone battery life drains only 1% after 7 - 8 hours of standby mode.

Since I queried CL customer service regarding the weak network in my area and they cannot rectify my issues, I switched to SH until they can improve their network.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technically CL is running on M1's highway. It will not be able to improve the coverage overnight unless M1 decided to improve for their own benefit first..

Yes, SH customer service needs more improvement and LTE speed somewhat slower than CL.

After a month with CL, I switched to SH since they have promotions to waive off the subscription/SIM card fee.

Everything is good with CL, including the better LTE speeds and responsive customer service.

Main reason is the weak CL network connectivity which eats my phone battery life overnight during standby mode about 1% per hour, presumed my phone is always searching/switching the network.

I live in west area, where SH network is stronger so my phone battery life drains only 1% after 7 - 8 hours of standby mode.

Since I queried CL customer service regarding the weak network in my area and they cannot rectify my issues, I switched to SH until they can improve their network.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

M1's network is typically stronger when near the roadside of busier roads, while StarHub is more towards the centre.

You call CL, they can't do much. You should directly call M1 to tell them that, but most likely they won't take into consideration unless you get their Prepaid/Postpaid Mobile.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1's network is typically stronger when near the roadside of busier roads, while StarHub is more towards the centre.

You call CL, they can't do much. You should directly call M1 to tell them that, but most likely they won't take into consideration unless you get their Prepaid/Postpaid Mobile.

So must suck thumb and choose either better network with slower speed or weaker network with faster speed.

I can cope with slower speed due to budget plan, as long as it is faster than 3G. :D

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So must suck thumb and choose either better network with slower speed or weaker network with faster speed.

I can cope with slower speed due to budget plan, as long as it is faster than 3G. :D
Lol that's weird. Mine is much better network and better speed.

StarHub 4G tends to fall back to 3G even when on train about ground, and their 4G is slower than M1. Their 3G is also horrendous with extremely high latency many of times, which is rarely seen on M1.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol that's weird. Mine is much better network and better speed.

StarHub 4G tends to fall back to 3G even when on train about ground, and their 4G is slower than M1. Their 3G is also horrendous with extremely high latency many of times, which is rarely seen on M1.

I am not sure about M1 but I trust that CL has weaker network than M1.
Speed of course, CL and M1 beats SH. :D

greythorne

Reaction score
I'm just curious why no one talk about Singtel? I'm currently on Singtel sim only plan paying $36.05 for 7gb local data plus 2gb Singtel wifi but the Singtel wifi is rubbish!

My plan includes 150mins talk time, caller ID, of caller ID pay $5.35. This plan is on 12 months sim only.

greythorne

Reaction score
Some might be surprised the reason I took the plan. I bring my 16month old outside so every time I bring him out must play baby rhymes on YouTube. Data so fast finish hence took such a plan.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious why no one talk about Singtel? I'm currently on Singtel sim only plan paying $36.05 for 7gb local data plus 2gb Singtel wifi but the Singtel wifi is rubbish!

My plan includes 150mins talk time, caller ID, of caller ID pay $5.35. This plan is on 12 months sim only.
M1 mySIM+ 30, upsized data and Caller ID: $41.25/mth. 9GB data, 300 mins talk and 1000 SMS.
12 months contract also.

I am not sure about M1 but I trust that CL has weaker network than M1.
Speed of course, CL and M1 beats SH. :D
CL is M1's MVNO. It should be similar (unless congestion which only occurs in train tunnels, anyone also knows that by now).

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

its quite worthwhile for singtel sim-only plan if you sign for a 12 month contract. as i'm not willing to sign contract, the singtel $20 plan with 3GB data, plus registration fee and sim card fee, amounted to quite a huge sum considering there are cheaper options. I'm not saying singtel is no good, in fact a few posts earlier i tend to lean on singtel for its reliability and service quality, but cheaper options have lured me to them..

honestly if there is a promo for singtel sim-only plan, i'll take it up if at least sim card is free...

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 mySIM+ 30, upsized data and Caller ID: $41.25/mth. 9GB data, 300 mins talk and 1000 SMS.
12 months contract also.

CL is M1's MVNO. It should be similar (unless congestion which only occurs in train tunnels, anyone also knows that by now).

Just to share.

CL in CBD open areas: good network
CL in CBD office/enclosed areas: weak network

CL in west open areas: ok network
CL in west enclosed areas: weak network

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
not sure if i can downgrade my SH to sim only as i'm a hub member

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score

Well, Singtel's plans are mostly afterthoughts and even so, the plans lose out to M1 and SH in terms of pricing. Even thou they have premium pricing for their reliability, their customer service is not up to mark. I can live with a little less reliability but cheaper pricing, plus the much better customer service (more humane) of M1. Singtel only knows the blame game.

Anyway, after ur post, I looked at Singtel SIM only plans and got excited for a while with their 1 for 1 data plan, then only it shows that it is nothing ground breaking as it is still on 12 months contract, nothing new as usual from Singtel.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share.

CL in CBD open areas: good network
CL in CBD office/enclosed areas: weak network

CL in west open areas: ok network
CL in west enclosed areas: weak network

Kind of expected already. M1's 4G network isn't using the sub-1GHz spectrum to ensure good coverage, but in return it ensures some form of consistent network performance.

Both 1800MHz and 2600MHz band (used by all the Big Three) can get up to 150Mbps per band (total 300Mbps for compatible handsets), while SingTel chose to also opt in 900MHz @ up to 37Mbps (total 337Mbps for compatible handsets), mainly for coverage. This is why you find SingTel 4G in-building coverage much stronger than M1 4G.

In fact, SingTel 4G 900MHz is the reason why their 4G coverage is slightly wider than the smaller rivals. However, it is also the reason why SingTel 4G sometimes can seem slower than usual in terms of downloads, if your device is not LTE-Advanced /Pro compatible (i.e. LTE Cat 3/4 devices).

Well, Singtel's plans are mostly afterthoughts and even so, the plans lose out to M1 and SH in terms of pricing. Even thou they have premium pricing for their reliability, their customer service is not up to mark. I can live with a little less reliability but cheaper pricing, plus the much better customer service (more humane) of M1. Singtel only knows the blame game.

Anyway, after ur post, I looked at Singtel SIM only plans and got excited for a while with their 1 for 1 data plan, then only it shows that it is nothing ground breaking as it is still on 12 months contract, nothing new as usual from Singtel.

SingTel's plans are always more expensive than the others. In fact the 1-for-1 is driven thanks to M1 adding Upsized Data to mySIM plans, which increases data cap by 50% for mySIM+ 20/30/45 at just $5.90/mth.

not sure if i can downgrade my SH to sim only as i'm a hub member

You can downgrade, provided:
- You do not have any active contract on the line
- You are willing to give up to extra subscription subsidy brought by HubClub
- You will not be eligible for any handset purchase at subsidized rates

However, if you want to do that, you may as well switch carriers. StarHub's network isn't as fast as rivals, plus their MyStarHub app is just messed up. I had to terminate their services thanks to the MyStarHub app totally not tallying to the actual data usage (even verified by their billing department), yet they can't even do anything to fix it.

piyozz

Reaction score
Some might be surprised the reason I took the plan. I bring my 16month old outside so every time I bring him out must play baby rhymes on YouTube. Data so fast finish hence took such a plan.

Actually if your baby always play that few same rhymes, you can pre-download using pc and some free downloader, save in the device for play when u are outside. Then at least u don't have to spend so much money on data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.