Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones

bunnypangsai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't receive any email from massdrop, only an authorization from my PayPal balance. :o

They'll have to honor since money is taken away. I guess? :look:

Congrats, I got in too. I received the confirmation email 3 minutes after drop started so should be below #500, hopefully...=:p

Darknights

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahaha, drop ending soon. managed to get a few in my cart after trying a few times.

lololhaha

Reaction score
Managed to get one. Didn't know I couldn't cancel once the drop has ended. Thought I had a week to decide. Is it easy to sell this on carousell?

bunnypangsai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doubt so. Once ppl know abt the 200 usd price range, ppl will camp for the next drop. Unless your set is within the 500 unit and there are "collectors" out there.

Managed to get one. Didn't know I couldn't cancel once the drop has ended. Thought I had a week to decide. Is it easy to sell this on carousell?

visuallin

Reaction score
Doubt so. Once ppl know abt the 200 usd price range, ppl will camp for the next drop. Unless your set is within the 500 unit and there are "collectors" out there.

I got offer of USD300 excluding shipping to buyer if my set was the numbered #500 and below:s13:

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back then this came terminated with a 1/4" plug, meant to be used on deskstop amps. Now is portable era and it comes with a 3:5mm plug. Still I'll use it with a OTL tube amp.

InnocentBlood

Reaction score
if anybody bought this on impulse and are considering selling your set, please PM me, i am genuinely interested. thank you :)

xuan87

Reaction score
Everyone just chill and wait for the next drop. Massdrop will list it again sooner or later, no need to rush out and buy one at a marked up price.

In the meantime, can go out and find a amp or dac. Just go to audio shops and test with the HD650.

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
E17k definately not enough to power this adequately. Actually nothing portable will power this.

You should be looking at a desktop amp for this purpose. You can get the E17k to play this loud but that does not guaranty it sounding good.

hmm ok. i read on head-fi that they are just enough to power it. what about the schiit magni amp? is the DAC really necessary if my source is from an x-fi sound card? don't think i got the budget to add in the schiit modi. my music files are just mp3, which arent that high quality to begin with.

xuan87

Reaction score
There is a difference between powering a headphone to give you sufficient volume and powering a headphone to its full potential.

Generally, there is no downside to MOAR POWER! (Except potentially for higher noise floor, less fine control of volume, blowing out your drivers like if you use a power amp to drive your iem, and more costs. Potentially).

The HD650 and therefore HD6XX is well known for scaling up very well with the source, meaning compared to most other headphones, you'll hear a larger improvements with better source.

If you don't have sufficient money to upgrade your equipment, then do it in stages, probably amp first followed by DAC, depending on what is your current setup.

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm ok. i read on head-fi that they are just enough to power it. what about the schiit magni amp? is the DAC really necessary if my source is from an x-fi sound card? don't think i got the budget to add in the schiit modi. my music files are just mp3, which arent that high quality to begin with.

The star Schiit right now is Jotunheim.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.