whats cheaper in japan?

sintomic

Reaction score
Hey guys, what brands are much cheaper in japan and should be bought there?

like seiko, orient watches, are they cheaper?

and clothing like uniqlo are they much cheaper there?

thwysg

Reaction score
Not too sure about the pricing now due to the exchange rate. The brands I go for -
1. Old Navy (went twice during sales),
2. Onitsuka Tiger (MIJ),
3. Fred Perry (MIJ),
4. UNIQLO,
5. Blue/ Black Label Crestbridge (MIJ) used to be under Burberry,
6. Casio,
7. Agnes b. (MIJ).

Bought Le Creuset as well. All the above when the rate was good for me.

chickenmedium

Reaction score
i was in tokyo in early Oct. the uniqlo is same price as SG sia :s22: and somemore SG got the same designs.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Muji is one..le creuset buy in outlet more worth it..

Other than that for watches, you should be looking for jdm sets..those are worth the time..

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, what brands are much cheaper in japan and should be bought there?
Lego sets can be cheaper. I bought my two technic sets (arocs and mobile crane mk2) there at about 20% less than SG shops.

sintomic

Reaction score
very sad to know that seiko and orient watches arent cheaper there!

Whats MIJ?

"Other than that for watches, you should be looking for jdm sets..those are worth the time.."

Whats JDM sets?

Glad to know that muji stuff is cheaper over there hehe

Not too sure about the pricing now due to the exchange rate. The brands I go for -
1. Old Navy (went twice during sales),
2. Onitsuka Tiger (MIJ),
3. Fred Perry (MIJ),
4. UNIQLO,
5. Blue/ Black Label Crestbridge (MIJ) used to be under Burberry,
6. Casio,
7. Agnes b. (MIJ).

Bought Le Creuset as well. All the above when the rate was good for me.

shadowWizz

Reaction score
ahh :( i thought ST said japan clothing shop like uniqlo is having lots of promotions to improve sales. what a disappointment

I think uniqlo jp's bargain corner has a lot of nicer clothes than the ones in sg... and when they give discount it was pretty generous as well... was there last year.. not too sure if anything has changed thou..

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very sad to know that seiko and orient watches arent cheaper there!

Whats MIJ?

"Other than that for watches, you should be looking for jdm sets..those are worth the time.."

Whats JDM sets?

Glad to know that muji stuff is cheaper over there hehe

MIJ = Make in Japan..

Japan Domestic Model...

Not available in Seiko/G Factory outside Japan..

With last year exchange rate, Muji was much better..I hooted some essential oil, 2 big and 2 small aromatic diffuser from them last year..This year only brought some essential oil..

chickenmedium

Reaction score
I think uniqlo jp's bargain corner has a lot of nicer clothes than the ones in sg... and when they give discount it was pretty generous as well... was there last year.. not too sure if anything has changed thou..

ahh :( i thought ST said japan clothing shop like uniqlo is having lots of promotions to improve sales. what a disappointment

but to be honest, since its winter now, japan uniqlo has mostly fall/winter wear for sale. and the exchange rate now also not that good.

a tip from a japanese friend is to go shopping during weekends as they will tend to have sales. you can also drop by GU to see!

and yoshida porter is definitely cheaper there :)

nemo88

Reaction score
Yup when you go Uniqlo Japan there's more and better stuff on sale, and it changes every few days so if you stay near one don't buy anything at original price just swing by regularly and see if what you want goes on sale. They also resupply the sale and clearance items - I guess that's how they keep people coming in.

super_marvel

Reaction score
Hi guys, is it cheaper to buy luggage in Japan or should I make use of the luggage fair at Takashimaya to hoot first?

Reason I'm asking, is because I'm intending to bring 1 luggage there and 2 luggages back.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, is it cheaper to buy luggage in Japan or should I make use of the luggage fair at Takashimaya to hoot first?

Reason I'm asking, is because I'm intending to bring 1 luggage there and 2 luggages back.

There are a few places that sells cheap luggages. You can get a medium-large at around 5-7k Yen but you'd need to scout the area quite a bit. There's a small shop in Ginza that sells this which is quite surprising located a few shops besides the Uniqlo main store. Most of the cheap luggages should be available at Ikebukuro and Ueno area. My advice is to get one here and save time there to shop and sightsee.

nemo88

Reaction score
Yeah you can get cheaper ones but not really like for like. For the name brand suitcases you are better off buying here when on sale at department stores. You can find a deal in Japan but it's about right time right place.

Unless you buying Rimowa - that one is confirm cheaper than Singapore and worth getting from Japan.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah you can get cheaper ones but not really like for like. For the name brand suitcases you are better off buying here when on sale at department stores. You can find a deal in Japan but it's about right time right place.

Unless you buying Rimowa - that one is confirm cheaper than Singapore and worth getting from Japan.

How much cheaper is Rimowa there?

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Bandai model kits and toys... Although most is MIC but cheaper than SG by 10-30% depend on where to u buy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.