Going for a holiday? Singtel ReadyRoam is the affordable way to stay connected.

kitkat2

Reaction score
HCM airport is ok but Hanoi airport is terrible whereby they only sell those expensive sim even though they have cheaper options.

Slightly ex is ok as long u need not have to search and queue to buy which is kind of hassle.

general rule of thumb, never buy at the airport. buy from street vendor. :)

VlDfRVZ.jpg

vuzuuu

Reaction score
I'm leaving for Beijing next mth end and I'm not sure whether I should get a local prepaid SIM card from the airport or subscribe to the SingTel Readyroam.

Would I be able to login to facebook in Beijing if I subscribed to readyroam?
What about Beijing prepaid SIM card, can surf fb?

Is it much cheaper to get a local prepaid SIM card there?

Most importantly the stability of network, which is better?

Please kindly share your experiences and advises , if you had traveled to Beijing and subscribed SingTel readyroam before.
Thanks.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm leaving for Beijing next mth end and I'm not sure whether I should get a local prepaid SIM card from the airport or subscribe to the SingTel Readyroam.

Please kindly share your experiences and advises , if you had traveled to Beijing and subscribed SingTel readyroam before.
Thanks.
I can say one thing: FB/TWR/IG/SC/Google etc are all blocked in China. You get the sim from there, you need to use paid VPN to get out of China's web traffic.

I can't say if SingTel Data Roaming will lift the ban or not, but I heard before it still would be blocked.

The safest choice you have is to get the HK SIM that can use in mainland China, if you can pop by HK. That one confirm can use all the blocked services. Another one is to pay for premium VPN, ExpressVPN is one example that unblocks the Chinese traffic.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score

Thanks.
Hi vuzuuu,

You will be able to access Facebook with ReadyRoam.

The Chinese authorities block their local SIMs from accessing Facebook.

Hope that clarifies.

Have a good trip to Beijing next month!

vuzuuu

Reaction score
Hi vuzuuu,

You will be able to access Facebook with ReadyRoam.

The Chinese authorities block their local SIMs from accessing Facebook.

Hope that clarifies.

Have a good trip to Beijing next month!

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Hopefully, there's no contract for this ReadyRoam. Does it means I only pay S$20 for 1g data the particular 30days? Once I return there's no other charges? Thanks.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi vuzuuu,

Yes, there is no contract for ReadyRoam.

You pay S$20 for 1GB data which will last 30 days. In the event if you exceed the 1GB bundle, the pay-per-use charge is S$0.009/mb (i.e. equivalent to S$20/GB).

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Hopefully, there's no contract for this ReadyRoam. Does it means I only pay S$20 for 1g data the particular 30days? Once I return there's no other charges? Thanks.

oohmygod

Reaction score
From my experience, I find the $20 / day unlimited is kind of slow till it has problem loading Google map. Whereas the 30 days 1 GB plan is much faster

Alpha_Geek

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can i check if personal hotspot is enabled when using the readyroam plan?

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Can i check if personal hotspot is enabled when using the readyroam plan?
Hi Alpha_Geek,

Personal hotspot (if your phone can support this feature) can be enabled when using ReadyRoam.

Hope that clarifies.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi kenchi,

Yes, you can apply for ReadyRoam via My Singtel app. You will get the SMS confirmation.

3qXfKQP.jpg

4ew5kvi.jpg

Hope the above screenshots help!

Oh cool thx so if I'm overseas I still can apppy for the ready roam by login to singtel appl and login by email and password and apply. For fhe ready roam and I will get a Sms confirmation ?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi kenchi,

Yes, you can apply for ReadyRoam via My Singtel app. You will get the SMS confirmation.

3qXfKQP.jpg

4ew5kvi.jpg

Hope the above screenshots help!

ya its helps so i can still apply for it when i m in overseas using the singtel appl?

and get a instant activatted ?

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
ya its helps so i can still apply for it when i m in overseas using the singtel appl?

and get a instant activatted ?
Hi kenchi,

You can apply for ReadyRoam while overseas with My Singtel app and get instant approval.

vuzuuu

Reaction score
Is there any other settings need to be done on my iphone when applying for the Readyroam? Thanks

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Is there any other settings need to be done on my iphone when applying for the Readyroam? Thanks
Hi vuzuuu,

No settings needed unless you changed them previously.

You can apply and use as per locally.

An example of a setting that might have changed can be the APN settings when you previously used a prepaid local SIM card.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.