Lenovo Yoga Book

Wyvern8

Reaction score
Hi guys, for SG set, it's confirm only Wifi no LTE for YB window. Actually, it's written in the user manual. For windows version, it's YB1-91F for SG. If LTE, it's serial number is 91L. It's written on the box that my window version is the F. So it's wifi. :)

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some rants/questions that runs in my mind...

Q : Dual Boot Possible?
A : In Windows version, there is option to boot from USB and successfully booted (not in working state thou) linux from USB stick. However, the main issue here is custom lenovo driver from halo keyboard. Until someone makes official android distribution rom dump or extract drivers, highly doubt that fully functional dual boot is possible.

Q : The Pen/pencil drawing fluidity?
A : A Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen (much cheaper device), and it really felt like a relief to write/draw on the screen more useful than Yoga Book (???).

kokchoong

Reaction score
I went down to Lenovo Bugis and the staff confirmed that the Windows version does not have LTE after consulting with the supervisor.

I might just go ahead and order from the website since it states there is LTE. Maybe I will get a pleasant surprise or return it for a refund if the specs don't match

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went down to Lenovo Bugis and the staff confirmed that the Windows version does not have LTE after consulting with the supervisor.

I might just go ahead and order from the website since it states there is LTE. Maybe I will get a pleasant surprise or return it for a refund if the specs don't match
Best to live chat with lenovo staff at their website. To confirm. From what I was told from lenovo staff during live chat was told the sleeve and office software will only be available to them end of this week.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

stjoe1

Reaction score
Make sense if Windows version does not have LTE and Android version has it as both are the same price.

Overseas pricing, for without LTE, Android version is cheaper compared to Windows version

Wyvern8

Reaction score
Make sense if Windows version does not have LTE and Android version has it as both are the same price.

Overseas pricing, for without LTE, Android version is cheaper compared to Windows version

If only window version has the LTE, it would be almost perfect mobile device... :)

But I seriously wonder why manufacture products with such difference..? Why not manufacture all device with the same config..? Wouldn't it be better or easier..? :)

qyc_91

Reaction score
I tried both at Marina Square, really attractive devices, don't think the Halo Keyboard is a big issue if you rmb it's just a touch sensitive panel instead of real keyboard. I think it works better on Android with their auto-correction feature but I'm uncertain about the future Android update for it. Windows on the other hand, at least got guarantee windows update but the processor might not make it in next 2 years time.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried both at Marina Square, really attractive devices, don't think the Halo Keyboard is a big issue if you rmb it's just a touch sensitive panel instead of real keyboard. I think it works better on Android with their auto-correction feature but I'm uncertain about the future Android update for it. Windows on the other hand, at least got guarantee windows update but the processor might not make it in next 2 years time.
The halo keyboard is a plus point that makes me get the Android model.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

stjoe1

Reaction score
I plan to get Windows version as I will need to use OneNote windows version.

OneNote android version is too crippled compared to its windows version.

kokchoong

Reaction score
Lenovo SG updated their website and confirms that the Windows version is Wifi only.

Anyone tested to see if the Yoga Book can accept 200gb micro sd card?

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Normally Win version cost more due to license...and not the LTE boardband....i would not mind paying 50 more

Augustino

Reaction score
Does Office Mobile needs an Office 365 subscription

Hey there, I am new to this forum. I am attracted to the yoga book and very much love to have one - andriod version. To those who have already got one, can u help me check if u need an Office 365 subscriptiion to edit word and excel documents? I did a google search and some websites state that as long as the device is 10.1 or smaller, office mobile is free for editing too. Yet some websites said otherwise. So, bros, can help download office mobile from Google play and try if u can edit the files and reply me? I await your favourable reply asap. Thanks so much.

stjoe1

Reaction score
Normally Win version cost more due to license...and not the LTE boardband....i would not mind paying 50 more

They priced Android and Windows at the same price here in SG. By right, Android is supposed to be cheaper, so in order to price it the same as Windows version, they included LTE broadband on Android version.

Typically LTE broadband will cost $100, so in a way they are pricing Windows licence at $100.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.