Post Your DVB-T2 Settings (no discussions here)

winger28

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): Sony 46" W954

ANTENNA: Daiyo EU1702

SET TOP BOX: NIL as TV has inbuilt T2 digital tuner

Additional info (channels received, tips etc): Antenna facing West

ezowulf

Master Member
Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): Samsung 32" TV

ANTENNA: diy antenna

SET TOP BOX: STB from Aliexpress(manufacturer: SinHo)

Additional info (channels received, tips etc)

Antenna placed behind tv. TV is 2m away from the window. Able to receive all local SD and HD channels(total of 13 including the test channels) with signal strength at 90% and quality at 93-95%.

Pictures:
20140312_204745_zps94031e38.jpg

20140312_210203_zpsbabc74ac.jpg

20140312_205104_zps23a5902d.jpg

Last edited:

Lamwm

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): Samsung old LCD 40"

ANTENNA: Draco Antenna Bundled

TOP BOX: Draco HDT2-7300

Additional info (channels received, tips etc): Booster/Amplifier needed. Received all 7 FTA Channels with above 95% signal. HD5, HD8, Suria HD, VAS HD, CNA, CH U, OKTO + 2 test channels. Auto scanning. ANTENNA must place outside window.

Also occasionally receive RTCL and MNC channel from Indonesia.

Setting TV output resolution from draco box TV system menu to 1080i seems to make reception consistently 99% signal strength and 98% signal quality. If set to full 1080p , HD channel will drop signal quality to below 30%.

pjs

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): Samsung 40"/LG 32"

ANTENNA: Old powered antenna

SET TOP BOX: China Set bot from HWZ member yiyiday.
Model T2660Z
s/w version: Singapore 20140312 v7.0

Additional info (channels received, tips etc):

Sg: 13 channels (9 DVB-T2 and 4 DVB-T channels)

Batam: 3 DVB-T2 Channels and 6 DVB-T Channels ((2 of them no signal)

Reception of Batam Channels bad. Will try with better antenna.

No sign of mux carrying SCTV and Indosiar ( for EPL ) :sad:

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): LG 55LA623T 55"

ANTENNA: Daiyo HD Digital Indoor Antenna EU1702

SET TOP BOX: NA

Receive all 7 fta channels. Need to place the antenna at windows to receive ch U thou :s42:

b00mxer

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): SHARP 39" LED / Panasonic 32" LCD (lazy check model no.) (Both not T2 supported)

ANTENNA: Provided antenna (no need booster/ unpowered)

SET TOP BOX: DRACO HD7300

Receive all T2 channels with acceptable signal quality. No need place near window as well.

wkweksl

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): Sony 55W904A

ANTENNA: Condo MATV

SET TOP BOX: Nil

Received all 7 FTA Channels, HD5, HD8 Suria HD VAS HD, CNA, Ch U, Okto.

floxika

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): LG 42 LA623T (42 inch)

ANTENNA: HDB MATV

Received all 7 FTA Channels, HD5, HD8, Suria HD, VAS HD, CNA, Ch U, Okto.
and also receive some channels like HBO, MTV (but can't see anything).. :)

ctgkolay

Reaction score
DVB-T2 Signal Reception at SIMEI

TV MODEL (and size): Samsung UA55HU8500

LOCATION: Simei HDB High Floor (Living Room windows facing East)

ANTENNA: HDB ROOFTOP: Very Bad Reception for all Analog Channels & No Digital channels at all, SCV: Only can receive FTA Analog Channels (incl Sport Arena). Finally... Bought SoundTech TVA-600 $60 at Sim Lim Tower :( (Power supply needed for Antenna. It does not work without power supply)

SET TOP BOX: NIL (Build-in DVB-T2)

The antenna (SoundTech) was fixed at windows grille and Digital Channels (HD5, Suria HD, CNA(SD), Ch U(SD) & 3 Test Channels) were able to receive. But HD8, VAS HD and okto(SD) were not able to. Reception for Analog FTA SG Channels are very poor. Analog Indo channel (RCTI) reception is acceptable.

Since HD8 was lost, changed the antenna position and put it on top of cabinet nearby TV, then All FTA Digital channels were received with good signal strength. But RCTI and all analog signals are very very bad. Seems this antenna is suitable for Digital Signal Reception only. Overall, not satisfied with this antenna, it might be location issue or TV's tunning issue as well.

luckyl

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): Sony KDL-55W904A and KDL-70W850B

ANTENNA: DAIYO HD DIGITAL INDOOR ANTENNA EU1702

SET TOP BOX: NA

HD5, HD8, Suria HD, VAS HD, CNA, Ch U, Okto

Placement of antenna did not affect the quality of the signal; I put it flat down without using the stand provided on a table below the TV.

Ionized1975

Reaction score
TV MODEL: SHARP LC-37PX5M

LOCATION: Clementi near West Coast Park, mid-floor, nearest window to TV facing south, blocked by flats front and back

ANTENNA: Mohu Leaf 50

SET TOP BOX: Draco HDT2-7300

The provided antenna from Draco (ANT-600A) is totally useless and is unable to detect any channels unless I stick the antenna outside the window, which defeats the point of being an indoor antenna.

With the Mohu antenna and amplifier placed in the middle of the living room, I can receive all local DVB-T2 channels and some DVB-T (SD) channels.

HD5, Okto, CNA, Ch U, Suria HD:
Signal Intensity 99%
Signal Quality 98%

HD8, Vas HD:
Signal Intensity 96%
Signal Quality 70~80% (fluctuating)

5 (SD), 8 (SD), CNA (SD):
Signal Intensity 88%
Signal Quality N/A

Test Channel:
Signal Intensity 98%
Signal Quality 98%

Iceman88

Reaction score
DVB-T2 at Dover

TV MODEL (and size): Using my Asus full HD PC monitor, connect via HDMI

LOCATION: Dover near S'pore Poly, single digit floor, about 2m distance to window

ANTENNA: DIY fractal antenna which works amazingly well. Most materials already have around the house like aluminium foil, old clear plastic sheet, 2 small screws etc. Just needed the 75-300 ohm balun transformer ($5 from 2nd floor audio/mic shop at Sim Lim Tower or dismantle an old or cheap $2-3 antenna for it). The antenna is hung on my window grille, the reception gets worse if away from window.

SET TOP BOX: Draco HDT2-7300 (bought from Best Denki)

Additional info (channels received, tips etc): The DIY fractal antenna picked up all the 7 local DVB-T2 channels, test channel plus the 4 DVB-T channels. Signal intensity 80+% and signal quality consistently 98-99%, video and audio constantly perfectly smooth. The antenna ANT-600A provided by Draco did not pick up a single channel, even when powered to max and placed next to window.

My advice is to just spend less than 10 mins and next to no money on a simple DIY antenna that kicks the butt of most antennas available in shops. I also tried the DIY binder clip antenna which could pick up channels but while ok for SD channels it obviously struggled with HD channels (video not smooth, breaking up).

Update: Ok, the Draco ANT-600A antenna is not so useless after all. After I changed the Draco STB's setting to give power to the antenna and turned the dial on the antenna to the max, it could receive HD5 at 99% intensity & 98% signal quality, but still need to put antenna right next to window. Although near to Clementi, I guess Dover still not qualified as DVB-T2 indoor-ready.

Last edited:

Nixapple

Reaction score
This thread is meant for successful DVB T2 users to post your TV model / STB / antenna / location so others can emulate you. Cheers

THERE WILL BE NO DISCUSSIONS HERE. Thanks

The format with prices of the antenna / STB if you have it:

TV MODEL (and size): Philips 50" Model 50PFT6709/98

ANTENNA: AC Ryan DVB-T2 Booster Antenna

SET TOP BOX:

Additional info :
Bought TV from Courts weekend promo at $888 about 2 weeks ago.
Bought booster antenna from SLS shop at $29.
According to MDA, Hougang should get DVB-T2 FTA signal in 2Q15.
Tried AC Ryan antenna without booster in my living room but cannot rx any channel.
Add the booster (6V power adapter not provided by antenna set), can rx all digital ch when antenna is placed next to TV in living room, but Channel U is intermittent. I guess it will be good when FTA transmission starts in HG.
While meddling with tuning the channels on TV, I found a selection for DVB-T or DVB-C in the TV setting. I chose DVB-C and connect TV antenna input to the Starhub cable point on wall and was pleasantly surprise that i can receive all the digital channels clearly. When checking Philips spec again, DVB-C tuner was never found anywhere, only DVB-T/T2 was mentioned. Now i do not need to use the AC Ryan antenna anymore and can watch all digital channels until Starhub stops transmitting these free channels on their cable points.
My Philips TV is a 2014 model and I suspect all the other Philips 2014 models with DVB-T2 tuner may also have DVB-C tuner in it but cannot say the same for 2015 model. Not sure why Philips did not include DVB-C tuner in their spec.

Anyway, 3 CHEERS to Courts and Philips !!!

jskc3617

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): Panasonic TH-37PV70H 37" Plasma

ANTENNA: Daiyo Amplified Antenna EU673A

SET TOP BOX: China Brand T2-Receiver (Taobao)

STB and antenna are in the master room. Antenna amplified is turn on fully.
Can received total 12 channels including HD and SD channels. But only 8 channels are stable to view (Channel U, CNA, Okto, Suria HD, Channel 5 HD, Channel 8 HD, Vas HD and Test channel)

IMG_2392_zpsrq5p5zcg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2391_zpsfjasxfck.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

fengshenwee1

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): 55PFT5509_98/5500-series

ANTENNA: https://carousell.com/p/21497095/ $7

Bishan reception is pretty good. Anyhow throw the antenna can still get good signal. It is just placed behind the TV. Channel U, CNA HD, Okto HD, Suria HD, Channel 5 HD, Channel 8 HD, Vas HD and Test channel were found.

Last edited:

Xteron

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): Sharp LC40LE460X (40")

ANTENNA: DAIYO HD DIGITAL INDOOR ANTENNA EU1702

Received all FTA Channels: HD5, HD8, Suria HD, VAS HD, CNA, Ch U, Okto, Test channel.

Location not ready for indoor reception yet but able to receive all T2 channels clearly using DAIYO EU1702 with booster. Definitely recommend this antenna despite the price is a little ex.

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): LG49UF850

ANTENNA: Funke Indoor Antenna from Courts

SET TOP BOX: None

Additional info (channels received, tips etc): Receive all 7 channels after using their USB booster (included in the box)

jovially

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): Sony 49X8000D

ANTENNA: Wavecom ANT-T25

Additional info (channels received, tips etc): Reception very bad, need to place the antenna almost near the window. Received only the normal 7 Channels.
Not sure is Daiyo EU1702 help, waiting for positive feedback from same area before get one.

Last edited:

dreamboxjb

Reaction score
TV MODEL (and size): Samsung 40" DVBT2

ANTENNA: Outdoor Fishbone UHF

Received all FTA Channels:

SG>Ch5HD, Ch8HD, SuriaHD,OktoHD,VasHD,CnaHD,ChU,Test,Radio Test,
MYS> Tv1,Tv2,Tv3,NTV7,TV8,9TV,Alhijrah,BNC,I-TV,
Indo> TVRI,Nusantara TV,

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.