Channel 5 (HD) - live

2pq2hw0.png

UHF31 - 554MHz

Channel 8 (HD) - live
Vasantham (HD) - live

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
As we enter the year where most homes will have a chance to use digital TV, we want to keep the info flowing and let everyone here join the digital revolution, so post your tips and info here.

Cheers

petetherock

Reaction score
FAQ:

MediaCorp Digital TV

Setup screen shots:

www.hardwarezone.com.sg - View Single Post - Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

What you need to get DVB - T2

www.hardwarezone.com.sg - View Single Post - Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

1)
YOU CANNOT CONNECT YOUR DVB-T2 CARD TO YOUR SCV POINT AND EXPECT TO RECEIVE DVB-T2 SIGNALS!

SCV Point looks like this:
scv.jpg

MATV Point looks like this:
psw122.gif

A lot of the MATV points got disabled when SCV rolled out cabling in Singapore over 20 years ago. HDB is also no longer maintaining the MATV points so your best bet is still using a DIY antenna.

2) DVB-T2 signals are not available islandwide now and are only available at certain places. Refer to this map:
rollout_map.jpg

3) The other 2 ways you can receive DVB-T2 channels are:
- Subscribe to Singtel MiOTV
- Subscribe to Starhub Cable TV
(ie, PAY MONEY)

petetherock

Reaction score
Please post your experience in the different areas in Singapore as DTV reaches all corners of our island, thanks.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest Digital TV rollout status. The map below updates automatically if there's new area having indoor reception.
rollout_map_p.jpg

Analogue TV broadcast shutting down by end-2018.
The Straits Time said:
Analogue broadcasts to end by Jan 1, 2019; 75,000 low-income households yet to switch

Singaporeans still depending on analogue signals to watch free-to-air television will now have an extra year - till Jan 1, 2019 - to switch over to digital.

Only about half of the over 139,000 low-income households here have made the switch to digital broadcasting, despite the roll-out of a help scheme three years ago. All in, with just two months to go before the original termination date for analogue broadcasts, a quarter of households have not switched.

Although three-quarters of some 1.2 million Singapore households are already receiving Mediacorp's digital TV signals over the air or through their pay TV set-top boxes, there are still some 75,000 low-income households that have yet to make the switch to digital broadcasting, said Dr Yaacob.

These are people living in one-or two-room rental flats, or those on ComCare or self-help groups' help schemes. They have a monthly income of $1,900 and below, or an annual property value of $13,000 or lower.

Under the Infocomm Media Development Authority's (IMDA) help scheme rolled out in 2014, the needy households are entitled to free equipment.

IMDA has sent out notification letters to over 139,000 households but only about half have claimed and installed their free set-top boxes and indoor antennae, said Dr Yaacob in his written parliamentary reply. IMDA will be intensifying outreach efforts by knocking on doors and working with the grassroots, but this is "not sufficient", he added.

Therefore, the Government decided to extend the deadline. It will also beef up assistance for needy households and will announce the new measures early next year.

The deadline extension will also better align Singapore's analogue switch-off date with that of its neighbours Malaysia and Indonesia, expected to be around the beginning of 2019.

There are plans to use the freed-up TV frequency to provide more capacity for mobile broadband in Singapore. Having neighbours that have also switched off their TV frequencies will reduce interference problems for mobile broadband users. Harmonising the move will also facilitate mobile roaming.
http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/more-time-to-make-switch-to-digital-tv

Switch to Digital TV now!​
For DVB-T2 digital-ready TV:

For analogue-only TV:

Digital TV TVC

Last edited:

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
btw, didn't mediacorp say channel u to become HD by end of 2016?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
MediaCorp very disgusting to delay the ch u HD schedule.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
OK, need some advice here. haha...

Am currently on Starhub box but wife wants to terminate.
TV is old without DVB-T2 tuner so I need a set top box.

Saw AC Ryan Playon!Live but it looks like quite an old device.

Any recommendations for a value for $ box? Best if it can do recording and play external media. :D

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK, need some advice here. haha...

Am currently on Starhub box but wife wants to terminate.
TV is old without DVB-T2 tuner so I need a set top box.

Saw AC Ryan Playon!Live but it looks like quite an old device.

Any recommendations for a value for $ box? Best if it can do recording and play external media. :D

This has been discussed many times before, do a search for it in URL stated in post#2.

lmf2501

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
noob question:

shifting to new place maybe Apr or May, Lavender area and getting a new tv, am i correct to say, in summary, i need get a tv which has a built-in tuner and also an external antenna?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
noob question:

shifting to new place maybe Apr or May, Lavender area and getting a new tv, am i correct to say, in summary, i need get a tv which has a built-in tuner and also an external antenna?

All TV come with built-in tuner, it's the type of tuner that matter. Made sure it is DVB-T2 (labelled with "Digital TV" logo), ask the salesman if it simply states DVB-T.

And yes, you will need an external indoor antenna, existing old HDB MATV point might also work.

lmf2501

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All TV come with built-in tuner, it's the type of tuner that matter. Made sure it is DVB-T2 (labelled with "Digital TV" logo), ask the salesman if it simply states DVB-T.

And yes, you will need an external indoor antenna, existing old HDB MATV point might also work.

cool thanks

shifting to new BTO, these new flats comes with points that i can connect? If have means no external antenna required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.