Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaitozaki

Reaction score
Mod: This thread is meant for all discussions related to the Xiaomi TV. No sales posts or commercial chat please. Thanks!
If successful installed exposed means can install related framework for play store d, just have to find the suitable version, good job bro!
thats the problem...i had never manage to get it installed...i keep getting RH-01

I tried different versions of playstore

Normal version and leanback...

I tried vpn and also clearing cache...

Anyway i installed youtube leanback and google play games from extracting the international xiaomi box firmware...the one with android 6.0...even gotten the android leanback launcher to install...but mihome couldn't work after and there was no mihome apk detected as i need to view my router which is mirouter with the 1tb version(1st gen)...but i saw on youtube there is an app to view it...will research more on this in time...unless they have a mitv update on android 6.0...

Link to the 1st part of this thread :
Xiaomi MiTV2 help

Last edited:

launm88

Reaction score
thats the problem...i had never manage to get it installed...i keep getting RH-01

Anyway i installed youtube leanback and google play games from extracting the international xiaomi box firmware...the one with android 6.0...even gotten the android leanback launcher to install...but mihome couldn't work after and there was no mihome apk detected as i need to view my router which is mirouter with the 1tb version(1st gen)...but i saw on youtube there is an app to view it...will research more on this in time...unless they have a mitv update on android 6.0...

Hi kaitozako, I found this article, have you read this before...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/newtvboxsg/permalink/173217386359801/

cheers

kaitozaki

Reaction score
Hi kaitozako, I found this article, have you read this before...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/newtvboxsg/permalink/173217386359801/

cheers

this one he copied from xiaomi forum...

The person spoof as nexus 7 so his build.prop changed...

I change mine to this and there was another website i forgot that got me into my tv not working...
It was because of the RH-01 that i tot the build prop of the mitv was detected by google server...so i changed...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-tv/help/original-build-prop-t3300017

kaitozaki

Reaction score
Since there is so many masters here i would like to ask...

1. @pspeter how did you get your tv viewer to play on tv instead of hdmi? The tv is not dvb-t2.

2. 4k issues...am i the only one? The tv default is playing 1080p...is the 4k only played when it detects 4k content?

3. If so youtube leanback does not detect 4k and limits to 1080p...i used the same version as the one in a youtube video which played 4k content...hardware or software?

4. Hack and cracked apps? Lucky patcher apk or other apps...are we allowed to post? I have a few i would like to share...

5. @pspeter how did you get the firmware...repack? If so...how? And if i repack with root installed and also xposed also will it cause issues?

6. Custom rom...porting rom or a custom recovery not having to depend on xiaomi for future updates...< this one must have experienced masters...

7.we all know the tv itself can hold on for years to come as 4k content is still very low...but...how is it same apps detect 1gb plus ram instead of 2gb ram...internal memory can just use usb 3.0 flashdrive...like mine is 128gb so i reall have alot of space...plus i use my xiaomi router to play movie wirelessly...has 1TB harddrive...so memory space i may have not to worry...

8. I dont mind bricking the tv again only thing is to reinstall all apps...and my wife will nag and nag...

Last edited:

kaitozaki

Reaction score
I don't know if i should post here cause there are many videos and images

if anyone doesn't understand do let me know...

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mitv-all-version-updated.28888/

also this was the android recovery i was talking about...

cquay0z.jpg

Last edited:

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
maybe can sticky for some useful information.
anyone try on the mitv3s?

jinxiang

Reaction score
Since there is so many masters here i would like to ask...

1. @pspeter how did you get your tv viewer to play on tv instead of hdmi? The tv is not dvb-t2.

2. 4k issues...am i the only one? The tv default is playing 1080p...is the 4k only played when it detects 4k content?

3. If so youtube leanback does not detect 4k and limits to 1080p...i used the same version as the one in a youtube video which played 4k content...hardware or software?

4. Hack and cracked apps? Lucky patcher apk or other apps...are we allowed to post? I have a few i would like to share...

5. @pspeter how did you get the firmware...repack? If so...how? And if i repack with root installed and also xposed also will it cause issues?

6. Custom rom...porting rom or a custom recovery not having to depend on xiaomi for future updates...< this one must have experienced masters...

7.we all know the tv itself can hold on for years to come as 4k content is still very low...but...how is it same apps detect 1gb plus ram instead of 2gb ram...internal memory can just use usb 3.0 flashdrive...like mine is 128gb so i reall have alot of space...plus i use my xiaomi router to play movie wirelessly...has 1TB harddrive...so memory space i may have not to worry...

8. I dont mind bricking the tv again only thing is to reinstall all apps...and my wife will nag and nag...
Hi Sifu,

I just got my TV 3s 65inch today. Here are 2 issues I'm facing:

1) The Android version is 6 and firmware version is 1.3.3. When checked at Setting, it shows new upgrade of 1.3.4. I clicked upgrade, it downloads the new version and reboot.....then it shows the error blue screen and advise me to choose Reboot...then it goes back to 1.3.3. Tried 3 times same result. Gave up then.

2) I tried to connect to TV antenna, HDMI 1, 2, 3 (connected to media player, tv box, DVBT).....It shows the connection content but in few seconds, it is cut off and jump back to main screen. I did a factory reset but didn't help.

Anyone having the above problems?

Another newbie question: I'm not able to watch all those China programs. It says the content is not available for my current location. Any simple way to override this?

kaitozaki

Reaction score
Hi Sifu,

1) The Android version is 6 and firmware version is 1.3.3. When checked at Setting, it shows new upgrade of 1.3.4. I clicked upgrade, it downloads the new version and reboot.....then it shows the error blue screen and advise me to choose Reboot...then it goes back to 1.3.3. Tried 3 times same result. Gave up then.

2) I tried to connect to TV antenna, HDMI 1, 2, 3 (connected to media player, tv box, DVBT).....It shows the connection content but in few seconds, it is cut off and jump back to main screen. I did a factory reset but didn't help.

Another newbie question: I'm not able to watch all those China programs. It says the content is not available for my current location. Any simple way to override this?

for china programs refer to the other post on DNS/VPN...i dont have mitv3...please wait for others to reply

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Sifu,

Wah, did you get it with the subwoofer? How much altogether did you paid?

1. Since your TV is working well, maybe can wait for later firmware. Just to make you feel better, a lot of us felt that the very first firmware 1.1.70 that came with the Mi TV 2 55" was one of the best.

2. I suppose you connect the antenna to the old type TV antenna connector (RF Modulator) on the soundbar?

xiaomi-mi-tv-3-55-010.jpg

Your antenna signal is from the wall old TV antenna point? Or from Starhub TV point?

kaitozaki

Reaction score
I suppose you connect the antenna to the old type TV antenna connector (RF Modulator) on the soundbar?

Your antenna signal is from the wall old TV antenna point? Or from Starhub TV point?

but i tot its not dvb-t2...only can get china signal...

jinxiang

Reaction score
I connected it the old fashion way....to the RF modulator. I don't think it is the source problem because all TV and 3 HDMI are having same issue-- disconnected after showing the content for about 10 secs.

I actually bought it thru ezbuy from one of the authorized taobao seller. paid RMB400 extra compared to the flagship shop (no stock). Yes, I got the "home theater" package which comes with subwoofer and 2 bluetooth surround speakers. The subwoofer not really that great (not powerful enough). Surround speakers could not be detected at first. After some Google, managed to pair it but a lot of cracking noise. Then I unplug and plug the power....it works fine now. Overall sound effect is still satisfactory compared to just the sound bar alone.

I've searched for firmware 1.3.4 on google but couldn't find. Also not found in Xiaomi website. Any clue?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, did you get it with the subwoofer? How much altogether did you paid?

1. Since your TV is working well, maybe can wait for later firmware. Just to make you feel better, a lot of us felt that the very first firmware 1.1.70 that came with the Mi TV 2 55" was one of the best.

2. I suppose you connect the antenna to the old type TV antenna connector (RF Modulator) on the soundbar?

but i tot its not dvb-t2...only can get china signal...

If you are staying in older HDB flats like mine, we still has those old TV antenna point on the wall, can plug from those point to the RF Modulator and you can receive local (not HD) & overseas FTA channels liao.

If you use a DVB-T2 tuner box, you can get HD channels but local FTA ones only.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I connected it the old fashion way....to the RF modulator. I don't think it is the source problem because all TV and 3 HDMI are having same issue-- disconnected after showing the content for about 10 secs.

I actually bought it thru ezbuy from one of the authorized taobao seller. paid RMB400 extra compared to the flagship shop (no stock). Yes, I got the "home theater" package which comes with subwoofer and 2 bluetooth surround speakers. The subwoofer not really that great (not powerful enough). Surround speakers could not be detected at first. After some Google, managed to pair it but a lot of cracking noise. Then I unplug and plug the power....it works fine now. Overall sound effect is still satisfactory compared to just the sound bar alone.

I've searched for firmware 1.3.4 on google but couldn't find. Also not found in Xiaomi website. Any clue?

Think if you can take a video of the problem, post on YouTube, then it'll be easier for us to see and understand the problem. You can set to "Unlisted" for the video if you only want selected audience. "Public" is for EVERYBODY.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mod: This thread is meant for all discussions related to the Xiaomi TV. No sales posts or commercial chat please. Thanks!

Hi Kaito,

Can you edit your 1st post and add in this?

-----------------------------------------
Link to the 1st part of this thread :
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/xiaomi-mitv2-help-4764583.html

-----------------------------------------
For easy reference?

Thanks.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question. If I buy this from Qoo10 mandy, do prices include GST?

launm88

Reaction score

hello , I do not have mitv3s...
as can be see from the pic in this thread, mitv3s 55",60",65"curve,70" are schedule for Jan 2017 updates to the latest "patchwall version"
China users are also not getting the updates...many complaints..
From the same forum, users complains that after updating , mitv3s become less reponsive...

http://www.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6479698&highlight=小米电视3s+48寸

http://www.miui.com/search.php?mod=...rchsubmit=yes&kw=小米电视3s&month=&refineSearch=0

This China user has version 1.3.6d (testing version)
http://www.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6205095&highlight=小米电视3s

Audio problems caused by software ?
http://www.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6166158&extra=&highlight=小米电视3s&page=1

Last edited:

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
hello , I do not have mitv3s...
as can be see from the pic in this thread, mitv3s 55",60",65"curve,70" are schedule for Jan 2017 updates to the latest "patchwall version"
China users are also getting the updates...
From the same forum, users complains that after updating , mitv3s become less reponsive...

http://www.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6479698&highlight=小米电视3s+48寸

http://www.miui.com/search.php?mod=...ubmit=yes&kw=小米电视3s+48寸&month=&refineSearch=0

cheers
this is why i always disable updates to all my devices.

Updates are either a littlely better or an update that'll ****ed your device up.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

limkim1978

Reaction score
Hi,

Can i purchase a xiaomi soundbar and connect it to my LG tv?

Can i use the smart tv function in the soundbar?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.