Xiaomi Android TV Box discussion II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Reaction score
This thread is for all discussion on the Xiaomi Andriod TV Box.
No sales posts or commercial discussions, thanks.

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happy 2017 day number 2!

Now finally this box comes with google firmware liao. So means buy from Taobao and flash ownself liao.
The link here have the firmware needed. If u jelly hand then get from Qoo10 or lazada with it flash ready.
I cheap cheap man buy from china and flash ownself cheaper and exciting :D

http://en.miui.com/thread-323779-1-1.html

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happy 2017 day number 2!

Now finally this box comes with google firmware liao. So means buy from Taobao and flash ownself liao.
The link here have the firmware needed. If u jelly hand then get from Qoo10 or lazada with it flash ready.

I see u there too haha
Thanks for the note!!

derekliu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happy 2017 day number 2!

Wats the advantage using google firmware? I'm using the white mi box bought 6 mths ago, still on their stock firmware.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doesn't work
failed at verifying package for me..

Xiaomi Mi Box 2:-
Model: MDZ-09-AA (AK)
Code name: Dredd

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't see any advantage or disadvantage. Just that Google firmware is in English. I can read Chinese so no issue for me to use mibox Chinese stock firmware I also can. Flash ROM is just for the fun of it.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't see any advantage or disadvantage. Just that Google firmware is in English. I can read Chinese so no issue for me to use mibox Chinese stock firmware I also can. Flash ROM is just for the fun of it.
actually i'm confused by that thread
stock firmware as in stock factory or stock aosp
if it is in stock factory, is it in english? lol.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i'm confused by that thread
stock firmware as in stock factory or stock aosp
if it is in stock factory, is it in english? lol.

stock firmware should be in chinese, except the mi box international version (MDZ-16AB).

If the firmware is compatible, you can buy the mibox3s for rmb299 and flash it with mi box international firmware. You will save $35 if it can be done.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That means only that particular model mibox3s is compatible with the international tvos
The rest of them are actually old posts, looking at the last update date

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That means only that particular model mibox3s is compatible with the international tvos
The rest of them are actually old posts, looking at the last update date

Not sure whether it is compatible, need someone to test.

If it works, many of us can own mi box international at low price.

I bought one at $99. It is quite good, if it is $65, then ....... :s13:

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure whether it is compatible, need someone to test.

If it works, many of us can own mi box international at low price.

I bought one at $99. It is quite good, if it is $65, then ....... :s13:
ah i see, then only those with 3s models can test.
no room for older sets to play with. :)

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stock firmware should be in chinese, except the mi box international version (MDZ-16AB).

If the firmware is compatible, you can buy the mibox3s for rmb299 and flash it with mi box international firmware. You will save $35 if it can be done.

I going to try lol. Just bought one 3s from taobao once I receive it, going to test out :)

boxster

Reaction score
Hi all, just got an international box when I was in HK late Dec. Bought the unit at the Xiaomi Store for HKD499. I am pretty new to all this, so wondering what good apps to install for live TV and streaming.

I have Kodi installed (1Channel and Phoenix add-on) but also wondering what other good add-ons to instal as well.

Thanks in advance!

shooterskull

Reaction score
I just got myself a Mi Box 3c, and it comes with the china interface. I am fine with it but a lot of the apps are either VIP only which means I have to pay, or that the streaming website says its not available in my location. Is there any way to bypass this? Or I should be installing better apps to view tv shows and movies? Any chance for me to update it to the US version? =:p=:p

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got myself a Mi Box 3c, and it comes with the china interface. I am fine with it but a lot of the apps are either VIP only which means I have to pay, or that the streaming website says its not available in my location. Is there any way to bypass this? Or I should be installing better apps to view tv shows and movies? Any chance for me to update it to the US version? =:p=:p

It has 1GB RAM and 4GB flash storage only, no way to update to us version.

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to get a box to get all the national geographic, history, discovery, BBC Earth, Animal Planet, travel, HGTV channels in HD...

Which box or software can I get? And are they on-demand or have specific time to watch (like cable TV)?

Sorry very new to this! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.