NTU Electives Thread

bryanljh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian didn't get Alchemy :(

Got my second choice UE, level 3 Jap. But they changed my time allocation since full already.

Anyone have time slot for 20087, I'd like to exchange with you with my 20085. Thanks =:p

alchemy too many people already, last time I checked got 1000 people on waitlist :s22:

campoix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually is first come first serve basis, I rmbr I forced prep all my mods in STAR planner, once it reaches the allocated time, I immediately add to STARS.

electives is not based on first come first basis

this will give a huge advantage to people who register first

bryanljh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
electives is not based on first come first basis

this will give a huge advantage to people who register first

Then how is it decided then? I reckon seniors were given an earlier registration time to give them higher priority. :s11::s11::s11:

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then how is it decided then? I reckon seniors were given an earlier registration time to give them higher priority. :s11::s11::s11:

core = first come

elective maybe usually is give seniors priority- but the program always cock up

swh0094

Reaction score
Not entirely true that seniors were given earlier reg time. Seniors will have earlier reg time compared only to their juniors of the same courses and some other courses, which means they might have later reg timings than another student of a lower reg year of another course.

Yeehaw3512

Reaction score
Hi everyone did anyone take mt0001 shipping for the environment before?whats the grading like?

escapelife

Reaction score
Star Wars for Electives is ultimately, meant to serve the seniors first.
Those schools which has earlier registration date obviously gets first priority in that queue.
First few school to register seniors gets allocated first. Then juniors. Next day another school register. Seniors will push back the first course juniors in terms of allocation.
So its pretty simple, look at the waitlist everyday until your registration date arrived. If vacancy > waitlist. You are somewhat safe. If not, try your luck.
Dont be so stupiak and put your choice as number 1 when vacancy <<< waitlist.
And another thing is, the system for "Waitlist" doesnt mention the ranking of UE.
Or alternatively, wait till ADD/DROP. The system eventually will reach its point of equilibrium where students will drop courses and you cn get your vacancies.
If not, too bad. Learn to email the coordinator of the course, not the prof.

campoix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm do electives really work on the first-come-first basis ?

so what you meant that for example, since nbs students register first before philosophy students
so year 2 nbs students get priority of electives over a year 4 philosophy student?

it works like that?

and to the guy who asks about mt0001.
Are you a maritime student? this is your core.

If not, DON't take it. Trust me.

Student X

Reaction score
hmmm do electives really work on the first-come-first basis ?

so what you meant that for example, since nbs students register first before philosophy students
so year 2 nbs students get priority of electives over a year 4 philosophy student?

it works like that?

and to the guy who asks about mt0001.
Are you a maritime student? this is your core.

If not, DON't take it. Trust me.

No, that would be unfair to students who register later. The system waits till all students have registered before allocating electives.

escapelife

Reaction score
the year 4 philo student would push back the year 2 nbs student. if the system wait till all register, then who gets first in the queue?

Student X

Reaction score
the year 4 philo student would push back the year 2 nbs student. if the system wait till all register, then who gets first in the queue?

I believe they don't use a queue system, it's a balloting system. They can programme the system such that it gives priority to senior students.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.