Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Congrats to bro kelvinti for clinching the last post of the first part :)
Believe this to be the first Part 2 thread in the Xiaomi Usergroup!

To many more parts, and also a great sunday ahead!

Intri~

Haha!

Really never see it coming to be able to pass 10000 posts sia since I first joined in August, left, joined back, left again and joined back the Mi Max again and settled down now. :)

An incredible journey accompanied by awesome folks here! :)

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, the main comparison now is between this (thank you!) and the one on lazada by simder, at $369. Assuming both can be stacked with shopback with ~$10 off, this means that one will be paying $30 for extra 5 months of warranty (newstar 1 month vs simder 6 months).

Do people like the silver or gold one better?:s13:

I like the contemporary Gold tone of Mi Max. It's light Gold.

It is not that typical Gold tone likes on the 1kg gold bar hiding in your drawer or the Gold tone of iPhone or other brands. :)

Even my ah girl also decided to buy the Gold Mi Max at the end knowing she is always a silver and grey person.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the shopee MiMax at $208 is it 3/32 version ?
Anyone bought from this seller before,?

Confirmed 3/32 as per its page.

I have no idea about this shop. It should be okay.

Any other folks may be able to advise further.

sjchai75

Reaction score
I like the contemporary Gold tone of Mi Max. It's light Gold.

It is not that typical Gold tone likes on the 1kg gold bar hiding in your drawer or the Gold tone of iPhone or other brands. :)

Even my ah girl also decided to buy the Gold Mi Max at the end knowing she is always a silver and grey person.

Haha, good for you. At first if getting from Simder, sure get gold. Coz they only have that colour. Never seen the gold colour MiMax before though, but Silver looks simple for me. It's nice if they have Grey for 4/128 variant, but will settle for any colour lah, as long as it is 4/128. Really worth the money.

blurrz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the mi max screen shattered easily even with screen protector?

Thanks.

Cheers,

iosnewbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any shops that can remove both the front and back cameras of Mi Max, without severely damaging the aesthetics of the phone?

Due to work reasons, I sometimes need to access sensitive areas that prohibit camera phones. The security uncles checking the phones don't know **** about Mindef guidelines so just want to see a phone that has no front and back cameras. It'll be great if any shops out there can modify the Max till it looks like there's no built in cameras.

I was considering the new INO 5 LTE but INO never seem to have a good reputation for their phones.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Newstar on Qoo10 and shopee or iSky and MiddleSky on Lazada are all referring to the same seller and shop.

There are pure china rom seller with China rom preloaded in their handset for Mi Max.

Yes, it can be flashed to global rom with ease. Don't worry.

You can try to ask them to help flashing to global rom for you if they are willing to even though they have no obligation to do it for buyers. No harm asking, right? :)

i see, thanks for the info, though would want to try flash the phone my own, but still i will do check with them and ask them to help me 1st. and maybe at a later time i do some research on the steps and try it on my own. :o

but do u have happen to have any good codes for the their shopee? cos after comparing the pricing seems like shopee discount is much better.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see, thanks for the info, though would want to try flash the phone my own, but still i will do check with them and ask them to help me 1st. and maybe at a later time i do some research on the steps and try it on my own. :o

but do u have happen to have any good codes for the their shopee? cos after comparing the pricing seems like shopee discount is much better.

Good!

I don't see any promo code for shopee though....

falcom2002

Reaction score
Best VALUE phone I have ever had!
Thanks and congrats to bro @kelvinti, without u maybe this thread won't reach part 2 ;)

Truly truly the person who has shown his loyalty and
sincerity to help others is kelvinti. I consulted him before
getting the Mi Max as I was not convinced that it is a good
phone.

Not to forget too, the many other brothers/sisters whom
have contributed much to make this forum so interesting
and exciting with their excellent patience in helping those
who have never used a Xiaomi phone before. :s22::)

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Active interaction from everyone here have contributed to the unexpected part 2. :)

Many of us have never used a Xiaomi phone before. Those numerous questions and answers thus the high number of postings have resulted the impossible Part 2 for Mi Max.

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, expecting a new OTA for Mi Max (All variants) this upcoming week as some of us here have received the 8.1.9.0 (Mi Max Prime) via OTA as random users selected by MIUI Team before it is released officially to the mass. :s22:

Let's hope the new OTA fixes some of the current bugs (Especially the low volume bug on YouTube via earpiece & Mi Sound Enhancer bug), if not all! :s22:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we were to have a Mi Max meetup during one weekday's night say after dinner about 9pm-11pm at say Kallang Mac, how many will come?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we were to have a Mi Max meetup during one weekday's night say after dinner about 9pm-11pm at say Kallang Mac, how many will come?

:s8: Kallang Mac....So near my place! 5 minutes to 15 minutes depending on the mode of transportation! :s13:

cokiee

Reaction score
Is there any shops that can remove both the front and back cameras of Mi Max, without severely damaging the aesthetics of the phone?

Due to work reasons, I sometimes need to access sensitive areas that prohibit camera phones. The security uncles checking the phones don't know **** about Mindef guidelines so just want to see a phone that has no front and back cameras. It'll be great if any shops out there can modify the Max till it looks like there's no built in cameras.

I was considering the new INO 5 LTE but INO never seem to have a good reputation for their phones.

don't they have the security stickers?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.