NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

oliviapw

Reaction score
oh? you were asked to decide on the same day as medical? that's interesting.. they must've processed your medical report immediately then.

all the best at the appt briefing! i think it means u confirm will be employed by them le :)

Hi Shadedpages,
Have you received any updates from MOE since the shortlisting email?

souppress

Reaction score
EL EPT on 10 Jan

Hello all,

wanted to check for those going for the ELEPT on 10 Jan, have you all received any confirmation email on the details (venue, time etc) from MOE? They said that they'll send an email by this week, but tomorrow is Friday already. Thanks :)

treeplets

Reaction score
Hello all,

wanted to check for those going for the ELEPT on 10 Jan, have you all received any confirmation email on the details (venue, time etc) from MOE? They said that they'll send an email by this week, but tomorrow is Friday already. Thanks :)
Hi souppress, I have not as well!

Hikaru111

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hi souppress, I gt an email from them last wednesday.

treeplets

Reaction score
Hi Hikaru111, is it the email with the details? :) Cos they said they'll send me the details but until now they haven't send anything
Hi Souppress,
did u receive the email to inform you that a place has been reserved for you? I received an email telling me a place has been reserved for me on 3rd Jan but it does not contain any information about the test timing/ venue etc. Sent them an email on Friday, but no reply.

souppress

Reaction score
Hi Souppress,
did u receive the email to inform you that a place has been reserved for you? I received an email telling me a place has been reserved for me on 3rd Jan but it does not contain any information about the test timing/ venue etc. Sent them an email on Friday, but no reply.

Hi Treeplets,

yeap, that was the email I received as well. Then no news after that. I've emailed them on Friday as well. My guess is only Monday then they will tell us

treeplets

Reaction score
yep it the email with all the details that is in a PDF format
Hi Hikaru111! Could you share the information of the venue and details? :)

I checked the PDF that was attached (EPT Test guide 2nd Dec), and the details stated "The test takes place at NIE, generally starting at 10 a.m. and continues into the late afternoon. NIE will contact all candidates with details of the test approximately one week before the test date." and some other details regarding payment via ibank or by cheque etc.

Hikaru111

Reaction score
Hi Hikaru111! Could you share the information of the venue and details? :)

I checked the PDF that was attached (EPT Test guide 2nd Dec), and the details stated "The test takes place at NIE, generally starting at 10 a.m. and continues into the late afternoon. NIE will contact all candidates with details of the test approximately one week before the test date." and some other details regarding payment via ibank or by cheque etc.

Hi treeplet! Thats the same information i got from the PDF. I think with regards to location maybe wait till tmr or if not on that day go direct to the student center to ask.

If you email them it will take a longer time for them to reply.

treeplets

Reaction score
Hi treeplet! Thats the same information i got from the PDF. I think with regards to location maybe wait till tmr or if not on that day go direct to the student center to ask.

If you email them it will take a longer time for them to reply.
Hello Hikaru111, alright thank you! All the best to you for your EPT :) & Souppress all the best too!

souppress

Reaction score
Hello Hikaru111, alright thank you! All the best to you for your EPT :) & Souppress all the best too!

Hey treeplets and Hikaru111, all the best for the EP tmr :) MOE replied that we should hear from them by 1pm today! So just check ur email !

Chosam

Reaction score
Good Luck

Hi treeplets , Hikaru111 & Souppress

Were you from the Oct/Nov interview batch? Just wanted to know cos I'm from that batch and I'm still waiting for an update after the "shortlisted" email.

Anyway, good luck for your test!

changs123

Reaction score
Wow, it's like so long, I have called them and they email back saying...if selected they will offer a letter w more details

Oh I see.... I have been repeatedly asking MOE about when they will be able to provide an official reply about the outcome of my application but they could only say that they are still processing the application without a clear deadline....

Lets hope they get back to us soon :/

pappypew

Reaction score
Oh I see.... I have been repeatedly asking MOE about when they will be able to provide an official reply about the outcome of my application but they could only say that they are still processing the application without a clear deadline....

Hi Changs123, may I know how did u check with MOE regarding application status? Mind sharing the Email address or number to contact them pls?

Xiuje87

Reaction score

OK, I'm from the August batch interviewees and..im still waiting. I can still afford to wait though, as I'm still working at my job, in the meantime, life continues, heh.

audreycham94

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I'm gonna apply for Bachelor in Art in this year.
I finished my my diploma in Aerospace and engineering last year but my result wasn't good. Meanwhile I having my diploma in ABRSM too and 6 years of piano teaching and performances. Does that help in applying for NIE?

Thanks! :)

momo123

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Does MOE go through a reference check with your current employer before accepting your application? I want to apply for PGDE but I do not plan to tell my current boss, for job security reasons. Please advice!

NickJay

Reaction score
Hi folks

I was hoping I would able to get some advice, if you'd be kind enough. I'm hoping to apply to do my PGDE in Singapore by applying through the MOE, during the March 2017 application window. I live in Scotland and I've been trying to find information for foreign applicants. Do you guys know if foreigners are often accepted by the MOE? I know that here in the UK, foreign or not, it's incredibly difficult to get a place on the PGDE course unless you've been top of the class all the way through high school and university. Is it the same in Singapore? I do have a MA in Business Management from the University of Glasgow and voluntary teaching experience, which I'm hoping will help.

Finally, for those of you who have been successful (congratulations!), were you required to attend several interviews/health checks, etc? I know I'm getting ahead of myself here and I should probably cross this bridge if and when I get to it, but Scotland and Singapore are pretty far apart, so the logistics might be tough to figure out if they ask for more than one interview.

Thanks in advance!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.